It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If N. Korea nukes Seattle? It's against the law to plan for attack.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Nobody seems to be addressing the problem here...

Another poster pointed out that the maximum warning time would be 20 minutes? - that doesn't account for the time taken to work out where the missile is headed (could fall short and drop in the pacific).

Even given 20 minutes, you are not going to evac a city that size in 20 minutes, all you'll end up with is a lot of scared, panicking people out in the open - massively increasing the number of casualties.

Shelter in place makes a lot of sense (especially if the building you're in is of strong construction and/or has a basement).

If you're in the blast radius nothing much is going to help you unless you have a really deep basement and even then you're likely to be buried under tons of radioactive rubble for awhile.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Elysarian

In that case the best thing to do would be to bug out now if possible.

Let's say I'm in Seattle (which I am not) and the alarm has just been given of an incoming missile. If I had a car, finding a route out of Dodge, so to speak, would be very difficult w/o bumping into the hordes of others who want to get out at the same time.

I would have to shelter in place, and if I had the same type of home there as I've got here, I'd be a sitting duck. The apartment complex I live in has no basement and no bomb shelter at all. I live about a block from an old school that was turned into the District office, and if I'm not mistaken it has a bomb shelter that is probably older than me. But would someone be around to open it to the public? How crowded would it be? Could I bring my cat - whatever happens, he DOES come with me. I wouldn't leave him to face this alone.

Assuming I could go there, how would everyone's needs be provided for - food, sanitation, bedding, etc?

We need to have plans for what to do in case of a national emergency. My nearest relative lives about 15 miles from here and we discussed what to do should the stuff hit the fan.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
It is simply an old forgotten law in the books that nobody paid attention to until now because it was irrelevant. Now that it may affect them, they seem to be wanting to change it. But, in the early to mid-80s, it was believed best to seek shelter in place in the event of nuclear attack and thus the 'reasoning' behind this absurd law.

It most certainly was not irrelevant when it was created. I recall 1984 very well and if any time in history a nuclear strike needed to be prepared for it was then.

My guess is they know full well that there is no such thing as preparing a city for it because they're pretty much toast from the get go, but it leaves a lot out like possible survivors and people outside of the cities. I can't believe they left this sort of thing out, the whole point of being prepared for anything is to be prepared for anything. Idiots.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

This is yet another example of why we cannot rely on the government to get us through a crisis, especially a nuclear one.
When push comes to shove, all we have is ourselves (and the Lord imho), not some bureaucrat whose best interest is in himself and not the people he's supposed to serve.

On a related note:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Is it not illegal also in the State of California to eat an orange while driving ?

You yanks are a funny bunch

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Did you not read the post?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Elysarian

I understand your point - but 20 minutes is enough time to find shelter - and CALL the ones you LOVE.

There has to be some humanity in these inhuman wars and rumors of wars.

peace

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Havent read the whole thread but, in case of a neuclar attack on Seattle, the only prepping to do is bend waaaaaay over and kiss your ass good by. I mean, where you going in that time? but it shouldn't be illegal to prep.
edit on 24-7-2017 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Now they need to take cues from Gaum's fact sheet:
Page1
More at source
After all we don't even have a US side of the boarder Cascadia EQ app yet. In the meantime the fact sheet gives some personal prep ideas.- family plan, kit(Bug out bag), etc.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

Did you not read the post?

Make sense. Please, make sense.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Essentially I said that that was the plan back in the 80's, but since that time nuclear war has become just a thought in the back of the mind and considered irrelevant. Thus nobody had any cares about laws or procedures for dealing with nuclear war/attack. That is why the old way stayed on the books and nothing ever changed.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

The apartment complex I live in has no basement and no bomb shelter at all.

My band used to rehearse in a bomb shelter. All apartment complexes should have bomb shelters, and they should be made available for bands to rehearse in, until they are needed as bomb shelters. If they are built, they may as well be used for something, and not be wasted staying empty.

I was sure Seattle had some emergency plans in place in the case of lahars coming from Mount Rainier. Perhaps it was only the city of Orting, and not Seattle. Now that this huge magma deposit has been found near Mount Rainier, they should really make some plans if they don't have them already. Didn't the indians predict a future destructive lahar from Mount Rainier that would go all the way to the ocean?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join