It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valarian and the City of a Thousand Planets....review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is a CGI SFX masterpiece, but that's all. A 2 1/2 hr self indulgent half assed space opera with the most corny script you can imagine. Actors just trying to be actors and not being successful, non existent direction but it didn't matter because the goofy story didn't need it. And just how many heavy handed morality plays do we need?

That being said, kids will love its uncomplicated plot and sappy, Comic relief monsters, silly romance element and the comic book CGI was just beautiful.
edit on 23-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
GGGrrrrr, oh well, there goes that plan.

We should be rolling in amazing theater experiences with the advent of recent technology. It seems like they just got lazy and unoriginal. Instead of putting out an immersive and thoughtful script/story line, they expect us to just eat a staple of CGI and be happy with it.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
This is a CGI SFX masterpiece, but that's all. A 2 1/2 hr self indulgent half assed space opera with the most corny script you can imagine. Actors just trying to be actors and not being successful, non existent direction but it didn't matter because the goofy story didn't need it. And just how many heavy handed morality plays do we need?

That being said, kids will love its uncomplicated plot and sappy, Comic relief monsters, silly romance element and the comic book CGI was just beautiful.

How did you get a screening of Last Jedi????

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Guess I'll strike that off my list of what to see.

Last film I saw in a theater was the Tim Burton/Alice in Wonderland sequel and it was absolute dreck. Beautiful visually, but an idiotic story and Johnny Depp's character was an embarrassment - I cringed each scene he was in.

I used to go see a movie pretty much every month in the 90s/early 2000s. Now, maybe once every couple of years.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I expected and feared that because of the direction and cast.

The comic book is good though, it's a real pity.
But as I said to my daughter a few days ago, they should have told earlier stories and build to that one. Create attachment and make character development. You just can't do it all with this story; you need to be involved with the character and their universe first.

It could have been so great... Sigh...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Sorry, but IDGAF How bad the "acting was"

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I watched bout 10 minutes.

Gotta say.

Close to syfy channel as it gets without actually being the syfy channel.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That crappy eh?

And I thought you were dead and here you are posting

new topics

top topics

join