It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Horrific Tragedy': 8 Dead in Tractor Trailer at Walmart

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Actually, there might have been one hundred people in that trailer. The rest ran away to increase our illegal population while the rest are getting the best healthcare, free of charge.

Based on initial interviews with survivors of the weekend tragedy, more than 100 people may have been packed into the back of the 18-wheeler at some point in its journey, Homan said.

www.wesh.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

And we have no idea who may have been in the mix, nor where they are now.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: UnBreakable

And we have no idea who may have been in the mix, nor where they are now.

I have an idea. They'll be cutting my lawn tomorrow as the landscaper pays them $1.75/hr.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

You're assuming they are fleeing death or war. In Europe the human traffickers target young Eastern European women offering a chance to work as a live-in nanny for a wealthy family. They are promised riches and luxury but instead the girls are trafficked and forced to "pay off debts" in brothels or sold as private sex slaves on the black market.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
'Ruthless human smugglers' blamed for deaths of 9 people left in a truck in 100-degree Texas heat

The driver, James Mathew Bradley Jr., 60, from Clearwater, Fla., is being held in federal custody and a criminal complaint will be filed Monday morning in a San Antonio federal court, the United States attorney’s office for the Western District of Texas said in a statement. The San Antonio Police Department's homicide division will work with the Department of Homeland Security “to determine the origin of this horrific tragedy,” McManus said.

I'm glad they caught the guy responsible. I'm sure we'll not hear the whole story but I hope we hear a lot more detail.

peace

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Incidents like this happen every month or so in the UK. The Calais illegal migrant camp in France is next to the main lorry route across the English border.

A lorry was found abandoned in the middle of the freeway with 48 dead, heavily decomposing bodies and a handful of illegals still alive. The Bosnian human traffickers took the illegals payment, locked them in the truck and drove them over the border and didn't realise this truck was airtight so they suffocated in there.

Such a horrific way to end.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Certainly sad.
But am I reading everything wrong?
There seems to be no mention, in the article or by posters, that these poor people are Illegal people in the US, or that these people are Mexicans etc etc.

Are you not allowed to mention that?

The question should be asked.....why do these people want to live in the USA?

What is so bad about their country, that they risk death to leave?

This question can be asked of all illegal people to try to enter other countries....illegally.

If these countries are so bad, why doesn't the US bomb them, as in the Middle East, and "Set them Free"?

They are right next door.

Or even better, why doesnt the US use its fine resources, you know, the many Billionaires, and help these people to improve their own country, so it is to a liveable standard, and modern?

I really am perplexed by all this stuff.

I dont know how many shows or articles I have read, encouraging USA retirees to leave the USA, to go to these Places, the Poor central American places and live like kings on their pensions.....yet the local people, want to risk death and go to the USA???

Do they all want to be Hollywood stars?...Do the all want to drive a big v8 Hellcat and do burnouts everywhere?

Why do these people want to go to the USA?

Why are their own countries so bad?

Looking for sensible opinions thx.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi
Was called out on a case last week were the young woman that was a victim of human trafficking was American. Born here and has lived here all her life.

She fell on bad times and got hooked up with the wrong people. She thought she could get herself out of her troubles through prostitution. She didn't know that she would end up a prisoner, chained in a room, and made an example to the other girls equally trapped.

It happens more often than people think.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Happens every summer in South Texas. From what I hear, 30 illegals were taken to the hospital, 8 dead total (2 kids). Cars were periodically seen picking up people from the truck until one of the guys went into the store to get water and that tipped off the police.

Like I said happens every summer.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
There was an incident a few years back where a train car was found in Iowa full of dead illegals
The ones that smuggled them into the train car would not lock the car and border security would catch them
So they started locking the cars and would free them once across the border, well someone messed up and forgot about them.

What a way to go!

www.nytimes.com...

Oh, man and that train made it all the way to Iowa-people suffering endlessly I'm sure. Imagine how many more of these go undiscovered in some places, hidden mass graves probably.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

No dount, it's in out backyards in some places literally, and no one knows. I read before about in larger cities, a surprising amount of children are victims of trafficking.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Or even better, why doesnt the US use its fine resources, you know, the many Billionaires, and help these people to improve their own country, so it is to a liveable standard, and modern?

Or even better, these people fix their own damn countries and stop expecting us to do it for them.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

That's horrible. As Gort51 said that there's no mention of the people's nationality. They could be Mexican, Guatemalan or American born and bred

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
President Trump has made America such a Beacon of Hope, that people are literally dying to get here.

People are dying to get to bloody Turkey so i wouldn't draw too many conclusions, especially not in your condition
edit on 24-7-2017 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The UK is a prime people smuggling destination because risking a few quid and your life can get you to the place that gives you a free house for you and the hundred plus members of your extended family, free healthcare, and lots of free money taken from idiots who work so that you don't have to. You will then be free to openly call for the death of infidels soldiers and police, Sharia Law, and generally piss about the fact that the country you have just come to is not as backward as the Stone Age sh1thole you just ran away from.

Now tell me what is it that makes people risk their lives to come to the US? By the way, that wall thingy won't work, we've got twenty two miles of cold dangerous water around our borders and they still get through.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Nine people actually perished, not eight. The truck was refrigerated, but the cooling system failed. They've got the driver in jail, and he's a Florida boy so he's probably on his way back there right now.

Those people suffocated to death. It's a very painful, terrifying way to die. It got up to 100 ambient temp on Saturday. The interior of that trailer got as high as 130°F while they were trapped inside. Horrific.

President Trump has made America such a Beacon of Hope, that people are literally dying to get here.

Nice to see people taking the time to drop in on your thread and make jokes about the deaths of nine people, two of whom were children. Isn't it? Stay classy, ATS. Ffs.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Fortunately they have caught the driver....... wonder what the charges will be ? smuggling, kidnapping, child abuse, murder....

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
From the driver

He is charged with one count of transporting immigrants who are in the country illegally and faces up to life in prison or the death penalty under a law that allows enhanced penalties when immigrants die during smuggling operations.
When they arrived, the doors were flung open and six black SUVs took away some of the immigrants, according to the complaint.
"Bradley stated when he arrived at the Walmart he exited the vehicle to urinate and he heard banging and shaking inside the trailer," an agent with Homeland Security Investigations wrote in the complaint. "Bradley said he went to open the doors and was surprised when he was run over by 'Spanish' people and knocked to the ground. Bradley said he then noticed bodies just lying on the floor like meat. Bradley said that the knew at least one of them was dead. Bradley said he knew the trailer refrigeration system didn't work and that the four vent holes were probably clogged up."

Link

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Happens every summer in South Texas. From what I hear, 30 illegals were taken to the hospital, 8 dead total (2 kids). Cars were periodically seen picking up people from the truck until one of the guys went into the store to get water and that tipped off the police.

Like I said happens every summer.

I hope when you pass on, or a loved one does we don't hear anyone say, 'Oh, well people die every day.'

I'll tell you it's comments like this one that reveals just how close we are to the end.

'Men's hearts will wax cold...' (Mathew 24:12)

peace

edit on 5638Monday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Hope this is sarcasm, if not

Dehumanizing at its finest at any rate.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join