It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Horrific Tragedy': 8 Dead in Tractor Trailer at Walmart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Horrific Tragedy': 8 Dead in Tractor Trailer at Walmart

Eight people have been found dead in a tractor-trailer outside a Walmart in San Antonio, Texas, in what police are calling a horrific human trafficking case.

Some 30 other people were found in the truck, which didn't have a working air conditioning system, and they were taken to hospitals, reports CNN. Seventeen of them are in critical condition, while 13 are in serious condition.

It's just unfathomable.

A person from the truck approached a Walmart employee in a parking lot and asked for water late Saturday or early Sunday, San Antonio police said. The employee gave the person the water and then called police, reports the AP, and when officers arrived they found the eight people dead in the back of the trailer, police Chief William McManus said.

I wonder what was worth loosing your life over? The USA? A new life? Running from something or someone?

I know I live in a place I despise - I wish I was somewhere else specifically Sicily - but would I risk my life to go back?

Hmmm... Now that I think of it, yes. I would.

RIP

8 found dead in trailer at San Antonio Walmart - Homeland Security working with SAPD

8 found dead in trailer at San Antonio Walmart - Homeland Security working with SAPD By Guillermo Contreras and Emilie Eaton Updated 2:11 pm, Sunday, July 23, 2017.

148 Law enforcement is at the scene where people were discovered inside a tractor trailer in a Walmart parking lot at IH35 South and Palo Alto Road, Sunday, July 23, 2017.

Reports say that 8 were dead including two children and several were transported to area hospitals. Seventeen were with life threatening injuries.

This second link has video.

peace
edit on 0538Sunday201713 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Oh hey, wasn't there a post earlier about a warning to these kinds of people? Maybe the perp fled.

Edit: source immediately have my phone a pop up and wouldn't close.
edit on 23-7-2017 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

Found a less virus ridden link...

wgme.com...
edit on 23-7-2017 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

The sad truth is, no matter what the odds are, you'd most certainly always would choose the uncertain over certain death or suffering.

If there is even the slightest hope of betterment, then you'd try it out.

That's why I get so sick and tired of special folks spouting nonsense about people who are fleeing their country to come here or other place.

Ask yourself, what would it take to force you out of your home? Then think about how you would go about fleeing and ask, if you'd do things any differently?

Instead of building walls, creating travel bans and even taxing more. If we only analyzed and brainstormed, we could do much more good.

But our culture isn't about being preemptive, it's about band-aids.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Frankly, things would have to be dramatically terrible for me to risk life and limb to come to where I am. Now, with that being said, I don't know what conditions these people were living in to lose their lives to be here.

However, I suppose that's beyond the scope of the thread because...

I wonder what was worth loosing your life over? The USA? A new life? Funning from something. 

My answer? Not sure.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
President Trump has made America such a Beacon of Hope, that people are literally dying to get here.
edit on 7/23/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Googlemap and do the street view in lots of areas in Mexico, yea there are some rough areas in the US but these seem wide spread. I can understand it... but damn losing your life and the kids... Wonder how much they paid them to smuggle them across the border and leaving them in Walmart parking lot .

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Frankly, things would have to be dramatically terrible for me to risk life and limb to come to where I am. Now, with that being said, I don't know what conditions these people were living in to lose their lives to be here.

However, I suppose that's beyond the scope of the thread because...

I wonder what was worth loosing your life over? The USA? A new life? Funning from something. 

My answer? Not sure.

Would depend on where you're coming from, are they running for their lives all the time and this is the one chance where they finally may survive? At least so what is promised to some. As the traffickers, of course, lie to these people making them think it safer than not. Others, not so much, are kidnapped such as with sex, etc. trafficking. If they don't die from heat exhaustion or other risks, they are killed.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thats way out there by the south side.

Beyond that, nothing but rural low pop countys all the way to the border.

I go to that area every once in a while for tamales and sweet bread.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think the answer is these poor souls did not know where they were going -just it had to be better than the hell they were living in. They were sacrificed and no one cared. Enforcing the current laws might have but now immigrants are hearing fear because of Trump and the criminals are taking advantage of their fears; charging huge amounts of money to cross the border in a hot semi, no water, no food and left to die at Walmart. Where's the humanity?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
it seems to me that the articles mentioned human trafficking. if this is, in fact, the case, there is a possibility that these people did not have a choice and were coerced into leaving where they were from. I am not wondering how much it cost them to come here, i am wondering how much someone paid to bring them here. and for what purpose.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Some 30 other people were found in the truck, which didn't have a working air conditioning system, and they were taken to hospitals, reports CNN. Seventeen of them are in critical condition, while 13 are in serious condition.

We need are crops picked and at lower cost for us at the store so this is a very acceptable loss. Everyone repeat after me, this is not human trafficking, this is not human trafficking...This is not taking advantage of the most vulnerable, screw securing the borders and actually creating a legal visa work program.
edit on 23-7-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There are human stories and human tragedies behind every story like this. It's easy to politicize, but it's not about politics.

(I'm not soft on illegal immigration, by any means. I have lived in foreign countries, countries that were not my country of citizenship. I have done so legally and I think everyone should if they wish to immigrate. I would love to immigrate to Mexico, but it is very expensive and somewhat difficult or a US citizen. This is about people.)
edit on 2017 7 23 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny
it seems to me that the articles mentioned human trafficking. if this is, in fact, the case, there is a possibility that these people did not have a choice and were coerced into leaving where they were from. I am not wondering how much it cost them to come here, i am wondering how much someone paid to bring them here. and for what purpose.

Any movement of people in an illegal manner is "human trafficking" - not limited to sex trafficking.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There was an incident a few years back where a train car was found in Iowa full of dead illegals
The ones that smuggled them into the train car would not lock the car and border security would catch them
So they started locking the cars and would free them once across the border, well someone messed up and forgot about them.

What a way to go!

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I would think that authorities would be searching relentlessly for the driver, after all he has at least 8 cases of murder to answer for.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If they are who they say they are, these people are poor as dirt...it would seem.

There is no way they saved the kind of money it takes to pay someone to smuggle them into this country. Somebody else is footing the bill. Who? They should be held accountable.

The article in the OP says there is video footage of cars coming to pick people up from the tractor-trailer, so authorities are bound to have some license plates and possible identities of those that bought these people!

Investigators checked store surveillance video, which showed vehicles had arrived and picked up other people from the tractor-trailer, police said.

edit on 23-7-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
that is what i was saying...someone said it doesnt have to be sex trafficking, but i know that. if someone paid to bring these people here, or forced them to come against their will, is picking strawberries and lettuce really the end game here?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny
a reply to: queenofswords
that is what i was saying...someone said it doesnt have to be sex trafficking, but i know that. if someone paid to bring these people here, or forced them to come against their will, is picking strawberries and lettuce really the end game here?

Even if it is family members paying for these illegal entries, that jeopardize the lives of people, so they, too, should be held accountable.

I know that a green card holder will sometimes "hire" him/herself out to companies as an independent contractor. These green card holders are the ones that then turn around and "hire" the illegals paying them a pittance, if anything at all. Sometimes they just provide "slave" quarters and food.

The green card contractor makes all the money and the illegal labor works for food and living quarters, and sometimes dozens of them are packed into a house like sardines.

The company pays the LEGAL green card contractor. They may or not be aware of who he is hiring to do the work and how he is "paying" them.

What a racket!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Proof that anything and in abundance can get by the border.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join