It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romans only had 1 percent tax. This is what I agree with.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
the only way for a flat tax to work would be to operate the government like a corporation that profits from the markets and make every adult citizen an employee, a shareholder or an investor.

no taxes, just profits for everyone...

Canada has something called "Crown Corporations" that do just that.

Only a "Crown Corporation" can operate a Lottery, for example.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
1% tax rate.. Ok but then you must have to accept your armies reverting back to armour and sword's like the romans..

While I don't agree with that obviously, you have to wonder.. why we have to spend 10 times more than the next ten countries in military spending.. when the Pentagon can't even account for 6+ trillion dollars. Consider that the national debt is considered massive by all accounts. But the unaccounted for military spending is.. 1/3rd of our nation debt. Sobering.. and staggering. But instead of figuring that mess out, Trump cuts workers to save millions (in Medicare, etc..), but.. gives the military another 55 or so billion. Could have kept most of the jobs they "pruned" (although I agree some should be snipped), and made it I dunno.. 54 billion. But.. no. Let's just throw more money at the Pentagon and our military with NO oversight, whatsoever.

China is building a massive military on a fraction of what we spend. We could absolutely cut our military budget in half (and still be above everyone in the world).. and gives plenty of tax breaks, as well as help to those who need it IN AMERICA.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Yeh but you have to remember that the government doesnt care about you
so they can levy any tax they like and you will just have to deal with it

you got one thing right that the US is like the roman empire
and they keep expanding and usurping others resources so they can make it cheap at home

they also had slaves and gladiatorial combat , we now have the banking system to enslave us and UFC
the US empire is in a decadent stage already.

Taxes wont make much difference when the empire starts to burn.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join