It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Careful. Al Gore is back again with another film on CO2 to make himself richer.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As in good at #ting or good for #all?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: eXia7

There have been numerous reports over the past years that disprove Al Gore's bull#. You just don't want to accept that global warming/climate change might indeed just be a scam

There have been far more fact (science-based) reports that climate change is, in fact, very real.

Yet, people don't even want to consider being better stewards of the planet on which everyone lives, which is a shame.

This is why the conversation about Climate Change/Global Warming is so volatile. Because its used as an agenda to divide people and generate revenue. With so many different studies about this matter, how can anybody even take sides. its back and forth all the time. Its often called an agenda.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

The latter.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I'm only sharing my opinion on the matter based off of recent news/studies that disprove or make global warming appear to be a hoax.

Scientists don't typically make hoaxes. But if this was, it would be the largest conspiracy in history.

Most scientists in the world believe in global warming.

Its not crazy to think six billion people burning all kinds of stuff will have an impact on the sphere we share.

I think you're right to question the degree in which they claim it will impact, but to say it's all a hoax just seems ignorant when almost all the scientists agree... Unless you're some sort of super scientist.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

a reply to: kurthall

So as long as Gore is making an informative movie, that is factual, what is the problem? If he makes money, good for him.

Apparently, only capitalism is good for conservatives. Obama makes money from speaking: bad. Gore makes money from a film on global warming: bad. Trump makes money from his presidency: good.

Scamming people out of money isn't how capitalism is supposed to work.

Oh, so he's scamming people out of money, no he is trying to INFORM people. Scamming people out of money would be Trump University!

edit on 23-7-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That Climate Change does take place, and is taking place is not the issue that I have difficulty with. I was posted to a Meteorological and Climatic research establishment and got onto good terms with some of the very highly qualified and experienced researchers. When in private they would always say that the man made contribution to climate change was very difficult to quantify. This was totally contrary to what they would ever say publicly, or put in their publications.

One very noticeable thing was that the researchers whose jobs were publicising climate change all had expensive, five litre, gas guzzling German automobiles in the car park.
a reply to: Liquesence

edit on 23-7-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'm only sharing my opinion on the matter based off of recent news/studies that disprove or make global warming appear to be a hoax.

Scientists don't typically make hoaxes. But if this was, it would be the largest conspiracy in history.

Most scientists in the world believe in global warming.

Its not crazy to think six billion people burning all kinds of stuff will have an impact on the sphere we share.

I think you're right to question the degree in which they claim it will impact, but to say it's all a hoax just seems ignorant when almost all the scientists agree... Unless you're some sort of super scientist.

Exposed: How world leaders were duped into investing billions over manipulated global warming data

Source

Antarctic Sea Ice Reaches New Record Maximum

Source

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: allsee4eye

Here's the trailer.

Unfortunately, it didn't make it to the first page of this thread.

Funny how manbearpig sounds so much like a preacher in that, spreading his religion.

Just another televangelist getting rich from scaring the flock.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

So as long as Gore is making an informative movie, that is factual, what is the problem? If he makes money, good for him.

Apparently, only capitalism is good for conservatives. Obama makes money from speaking: bad. Gore makes money from a film on global warming: bad. Trump makes money from his presidency: good.

Oh, so he's scamming people out of money, no he is trying to INFORM people. Scamming people out of money would be Trump University!

I'm all for people being informed. But, when data is manipulated and used to generate money, and perpetuate fear based on limited data over a short period of the earth's existence isn't informing people of anything.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This guy ... he really needs to die off plz
Climate definitaly changes ... man made well idk

Sopose we stop puting out forest fires u think the ppm will go up ... or down always wondered why theres no data on that ud think something like a uncontrolled forestfire that burns 100s of miles of trees every year would have a impact is burning other fules dose

And wtf dose dino gore got aganst plants dosent he know o2 is plant posion

link   

Your first article was a about a consultant blowing the whistle on rushed studies.

The second one had a disclaimer saying Antarctica and the Artic are two different things.

Anyone can find two sources to make their point look good.

That being said, I still agree with you to question the degree of impact. But to say that humans have no impact on the planet is more of a scam than trying to protect the planet for future generations.

link   

I'm all for people being informed. But, when data is manipulated and used to generate money, and perpetuate fear based on limited data over a short period of the earth's existence isn't informing people of anything.

You are incorrect, the rate of climate change has accelerated since the industrial revolution. The data is right there for you to read. If you choose to remain ignorant, that is your choice. What PROOF do you have that Gore "manipulated data" if you are going to say such a thing, you should provide a source.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You are incorrect, the rate of climate change has accelerated since the industrial revolution. The data is right there for you to read. If you choose to remain ignorant, that is your choice. What PROOF do you have that Gore "manipulated data" if you are going to say such a thing, you should provide a source.

It may not be the case that Gore is personally manipulating data, but it could well be that the data he is using to make his arguments has been manipulated. The experiences I outlined in my earlier post would seem to reinforce that possibility.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

There have been numerous reports over the past years that disprove Al Gore's bull#. You just don't want to accept that global warming/climate change might indeed just be a scam

There have been far more fact (science-based) reports that climate change is, in fact, very real.

Yet, people don't even want to consider being better stewards of the planet on which everyone lives, which is a shame.

you might want to google these scientists

William happer
Richard linelzen
Terry J. Lovell
Ian Palimer
Freeman Dyson
Ivar Giaever
Patrick Moore
Roy Spencer
Don Easterbrook
Ian Clark
Piers Corbyn

and more, they all disagree

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Your first article was a about a consultant blowing the whistle on rushed studies.

The second one had a disclaimer saying Antarctica and the Artic are two different things.

Anyone can find two sources to make their point look good.

That being said, I still agree with you to question the degree of impact. But to say that humans have no impact on the planet is more of a scam than trying to protect the planet for future generations.

I used that article to make a point of the contrast between the people who believe it, or don't believe it. Unless you are out running tests YOURSELF, you are only going based off of what you are spoon fed by the media. It further points to the fact that the more people argue about climate change/global warming the easier it is for them to make money off of suckers.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Haha.. we can go back and forth all day, but its pointless. You are just a victim of a scam bud. Its ok to believe in something, I just don't understand why its this.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

sounds so much like a preacher in that, spreading his religion

Sustainability for future generations happens to be a very large part (approximately 33%) of my religion. And it is consistent with explainable cause and effect science.

Long, long ago a disaster of global impact occurred which sequestered vast amounts of carbon from the active biosphere of Earth. Carbon sequestered in coal and oil, resulted in lower CO2 in the cycle of life. Humans evolved, and eventually thrived to form civilization in that environment. The planet had been terraformed.

Humans are now, by de-sequestering all that carbon and burning it, terraforming Earth toward a pre-human environment. Future generations will have to fight harder for survival than any former generation.

For your viewing pleasure: more Al Gore.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Okay, so you are going to say that the data is manipulated, all I ask is for you to back it up, and you don't. Okay, I say BS. You are saying things that if are true, I would think you would, oh I don't know provide some information maybe. Instead you spout out, your right and all of the scientific data, and scientist are all just wrong. Typical.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The data shows nothing out of the ordinary. Some years it's hotter. Some years it's cooler. Has nothing to do with more CO2.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

you might want to google these scientists

William happer
Richard linelzen
Terry J. Lovell
Ian Palimer
Freeman Dyson
Ivar Giaever
Patrick Moore
Roy Spencer
Don Easterbrook
Ian Clark
Piers Corbyn

and more, they all disagree

Okay your right those scientist are part of only 10% who don't believe in global warming....but they are in the minority....90% of climate scientist say its real, and man made....Hmmmm, do I go with the 10% or the 90%??????

I think I will go with the 90%, you go ahead and believe the 10%!!! Here is the LINK!

www.vox.com...

edit on 23-7-2017 by kurthall because: add

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join