It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Careful. Al Gore is back again with another film on CO2 to make himself richer.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

So as long as Gore is making an informative movie, that is factual, what is the problem? If he makes money, good for him.

Apparently, only capitalism is good for conservatives. Obama makes money from speaking: bad. Gore makes money from a film on global warming: bad. Trump makes money from his presidency: good.
edit on 23-7-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Actually, I've just experienced the coolest summer ever where I live. Temps in the 20s more than 95% of the days. No such thing as CO2 induced warming. CO2 follows temperature. It does not change temperature.

This type of ignorance (couple with an anecdotal fallacy), which has been refuted time and time again, is not even worth debating against.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

So as long as Gore is making an informative movie, that is factual, what is the problem? If he makes money, good for him.

Apparently, only capitalism is good for conservatives. Obama makes money from speaking: bad. Gore makes money from a film on global warming: bad. Trump makes money from his presidency: good.

Scamming people out of money isn't how capitalism is supposed to work.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

No, scamming isn't. But we're not talking about a scam.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

No, scamming isn't. But we're not talking about a scam.

I believe that is up for debate. You seem to follow this like a religion. There have been numerous reports over the past years that disprove Al Gore's bull#. You just don't want to accept that global warming/climate change might indeed just be a scam to siphon money away from the ignorant public.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Actually, I've just experienced the coolest summer ever where I live. Temps in the 20s more than 95% of the days. No such thing as CO2 induced warming. CO2 follows temperature. It does not change temperature.

This type of ignorance (couple with an anecdotal fallacy), which has been refuted time and time again, is not even worth debating against.

You cant just look at where you live, the way they figure it out is based on the average temp GLOBALY. That is why it is called global warming.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: and14263
All Gore, huh, good god. What is he good for?

Absolutely nothing, say it again. . . .

Haha you got more stars for laying down the punchline than I did for being the enabler. Lol.

link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Here's the trailer.

Unfortunately, it didn't make it to the first page of this thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

How would climate change siphon money away from people?

Are you saying energy independence would be a scam?

Or do you like sucking up to Saudi Arabia? Even though they are known to sponsor terrorism?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

You cant just look at where you live, the way they figure it out is based on the average temp GLOBALY. That is why it is called global warming.

I know. Hence the comment about an anecdotal fallacy.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
All Gore, huh, good god. What is he good for?

Two things, nothing and s***.

edit on 23-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The double standards of conservatives is mind boggling. They don't/wont see it. I just laugh at them now. I don't get upset, I just laugh at the utter ignorance. You can literally show them proof of something and they still argue. Very sad.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

How would climate change siphon money away from people?

Are you saying energy independence would be a scam?

Or do you like sucking up to Saudi Arabia? Even though they are known to sponsor terrorism?

I never claimed that we shouldn't pursue energy independence. I am only pointing out that there are inaccuracies in Al Gore's bull# version of climate change. How does Saudi Arabia and terrorism fit into this discussion?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Well since you were defending Trump with that comment, I'm sure you gave Trump university high ratings after you attended.

Because we can all tell you went

link   

The double standards of conservatives is mind boggling. They don't/wont see it. I just laugh at them now. I don't get upset, I just laugh at the utter ignorance. You can literally show them proof of something and they still argue. Very sad.

But what happens when somebody shows you proof of it being bull#? You just plug your ears and close your eyes and pretend its not real? The double standards of liberals is mind boggling.

link   

There have been numerous reports over the past years that disprove Al Gore's bull#. You just don't want to accept that global warming/climate change might indeed just be a scam

There have been far more fact (science-based) reports that climate change is, in fact, very real.

Yet, people don't even want to consider being better stewards of the planet on which everyone lives, which is a shame.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well since you were defending Trump with that comment, I'm sure you gave Trump university high ratings after you attended.

Because we can all tell you went

How can I even take you serious when you assume everything about me while knowing nothing at all?

I don't subscribe to the left/right paradigm. I'm only sharing my opinion on the matter based off of recent news/studies that disprove or make global warming appear to be a hoax.
edit on 7/23/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

How does Saudi Arabia and terrorism fit into this discussion?

Because you implied climate change is some rouse for money.

I could only gather that you meant moving away from fossil fuels is an unnecessary cost for citizens.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

How does Saudi Arabia and terrorism fit into this discussion?

Because you implied climate change is some rouse for money.

I could only gather that you meant moving away from fossil fuels is an unnecessary cost for citizens.

So whats your carbon credits bro? Did you lower overall global temps with your money?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I know. Hence the comment about an anecdotal fallacy.

I am sorry, my bad. I am still glad I made the comment though (not at you though) only because I have heard other people use the reasoning that global warming isn't real and then they refer to how cold their winters have been. Its like, Really? In LA we were breaking records a couple of weeks ago and so was Arizona, planes were grounded there. It was 117 like 3 days in a row where I live.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join