It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is President Bush Trying to create a "Cult Of Personality"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
GET BACK TO THE SUBJECT, DO YOU PEOPLE BELIEVE OR DISBELIEVE HE IS TRYING TO CREATE A "CULT OF PERSONALITY". PLEASE READ THE LINK BEFORE BLURTING OUT IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THE PHILOSOPHY BEHIND IT!

[edit on 7-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell
GET BACK TO THE SUBJECT, DO YOU PEOPLE BELIEVE OR DISBELIEVE HE IS TRYING TO CREATE A "CULT OF PERSONALITY". PLEASE READ THE LINK BEFORE BLURTING OUT IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THE PHILOSOPHY BEHIND IT!

*does hitler salute* "yawohl herr commandant" No, bush isnt tring to establish anything except a place in history for himself, and a global America. Any personality cult is just the unintententional worship of rightwing grenade polishers who love him. It happens!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
*does hitler salute* "yawohl herr commandant"

I'm not trying to suggest he is going to do it to that extend, if it were deliberate. That is just an extreme example of past peoples who have become "cult of personality" used in the article.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
siiiiigh, again with the Hitlerisms. Uh, Division Bell was just trying to get the answer he wants to hear with some backing and support. That's just a little different than committing genocide and trying to take over the world.

That comment was so totally hitler

Sure sounds rediculous, eh?

Again, no, I don't think he's trying to form the cult, though as I told you in the U2U I sent ya, Bell, he does have that following all powerful world leaders have. If you'd like, you can copy that U2U here and address it (when I started writing it, I had no idea I was going to ramble for so long) , but I'll leave that decision to you. I gotta go to bed.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hard to say he has a cult of personality when he barely got 50% of the vote. He has the same sycophants that all leaders have, maybe a few more than in recent times, but even conservatives disagree with him on key issues. Of course, people who pathologically dislike him will say he's creating a CoP just because they love anything that gives them another reason to hate his guts, without looking at the bigger picture. Not like he hasn't given us enough to be upset about already, now we're grasping at straws

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Even if he is trying to create a "cult of personality", it will only work
on certain groups of people.
Americans are so diverse that there's really not much possibility of
any one leader being able to totally mesmerize all of us

Now if they start putting big statues of Bush everywhere and start
plastering huge pictures around major cities with Bush's
smileing face on them, I guess we better watch out...lol.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Cult... Call me crazy but isn't that pretty much what Skull and Bones is? Hell yes it's a cult. Ask Geronimo what he thinks about it. As far as 'creating' a cult, no, Bush is hardly the imaginative innovative type one would usually associate with a cult leader. That little turd is not capable of restraining his temper, or even maintaining his own business. He is merely the figure head for a cult that is well established and already in power here in the US, the capitalists.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Cult... Call me crazy but isn't that pretty much what Skull and Bones is? Hell yes it's a cult. Ask Geronimo what he thinks about it. As far as 'creating' a cult, no, Bush is hardly the imaginative innovative type one would usually associate with a cult leader. That little turd is not capable of restraining his temper, or even maintaining his own business. He is merely the figure head for a cult that is well established and already in power here in the US, the capitalists.

I think you need to brush up on what a 'cult of personality' is.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
heh, and y'all wonder why I entered BushHate into this. Hatrid blinds you, and it's really a bummer when you see people try to deny ignoracne in some parts of their lives, yet invite it when they disagree with the reality. It's really sad and I hope you come to see your planks, and stop picking at specks in your fellow webmates.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Hypothesis:
Whether involuntarily or deliberate, President Bush is becoming a "cult of personality" amoung some congressional Republican's and Christian leaders and believers.

No more so than other Republican Presidents. Reagan was - and still is, infinitely more popular than George W. Bush *ever* will be among that group of people. The country practically stood still for three days when he died. That doesn't happen too often.

Bill Clinton was and still is very popular. I wouldn't have ruled out him beating Bush if he could have ran this year.

Both those men were more popular in this nation the GW Bush is. A lot of Republicans that voted for him did so as the lesser of an evil just like a lot of Kerry supporters - that inflated his vote count. I see no difference what-so-ever between the public support of Bush and any other President that I've been alive for. Republicans will always support their guy - but so will Democrats.

As for his "divinity" it's just politics. Christians are a huge special interest group that he needed to carry to win the election, so he plays to them - and really does nothing for them. Just as Clinton was the champion of black America, but really did nothing for it.

For all of you that are so worried about the Christians taking over the country, don't you watch the news? This nation gets more and more secular by the day. Christ out of Christmas, attempting to get "under God" out of the pledge, Ten Commandments out of the courthouse. Beliefs are just beliefs - no Christian agenda is advancing at the Federal level if you just take the time to notice. And the "faith based initiative" is just a bunch of hoopla.

If you read the wikipedia article the men who created a "cult of personality" didn't exactly have term limits.

A lot of Republicans and Democrats treat the parties as kind of a cult - it makes no difference who the leaders are or what they do.

[edit on (2/8/0505 by PistolPete]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Great Posts, everyone! Good Job! I enjoyed reading your perspectives on this.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Is President Bush Trying to create a "Cult Of Personality"?

Kind of an oxymoron isn't it?
Well, I guess he does have "personality", but it's more akin to your embarassing uncle or cousin or somthing, hehe...

Why bother? I'm sure even he's aware that half the nation doesn't like him or his policies, and were even willing to put up with a stiff like Kerry to see him go. I would say he's trying to solidify those who do support him though.

Funny to see him visiting the troops families being brought up. You do realize that this is the same administration trying to cut combat pay, and who's Sec. of Defense didn't even bother to sign the death notifications right?
What a guy... At least the flak from the carrier stunt was enough to head off more of that showmanship....

I just fail to see how people can honestly desire to be represented to the world by this ignoramus who is supposedly an Ivy League grad, and yet can't even string a simple sentence together...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I admire Bush because he isn't Hitler...does that count junglejake? Nah, I like the way he handled the country in the days after 9-11. He did exactly what he needed to do to reach out to the public and console the public and leave them with a hope of catching the d**kless bas*ards.

Pistol, you do know that Xmas, I believe, predates Christmas? The "X" is from the Greek or Roman word Xristos. ("Christ") And the "mas" is pretty obvious. If anything, we have been spelling it wrong...

As for the cult....mwuahaahahhaaahhaaa....If there is a Bush cult, crazy folks started it. I can't imagine Congressional Republicans think he is divine. After all, they are probably still yukkin' it up that the former coke abuser, spolied kid, and alcoholic was put into the highest position of power. (In the US) They KNOW that cat is fallible. The crazies in the world could put him in that regard only IF you read their words in a perverse type of light. The same type of lighting you use to twist someone's innocent words into something bad. ("Oh yes, my dog IS barkin', Miss.")

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
As for the cult....mwuahaahahhaaahhaaa....If there is a Bush cult, crazy folks started it.

You need to read the article I posted, it describes what "Cult of Personality" means, its not a literal cult.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You need to read the article I posted, it describes what "Cult of Personality" means, its not a literal cult.

You need to read the rest of that post. Notice, I begin to refer to it as "people view him in such regard..."

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK

You need to read the rest of that post. Notice, I begin to refer to it as "people view him in such regard..."

Okay. my mistake. sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join