It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO conspiracy a Psyops experiment?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
has anyone ever proposed the Idea that the entire ufo conspiracy is simply a government psyops experiment aimed at learning and experimenting with new ways to manipulate the public with half truths, disinformation, false accounts etc. etc. I know that many think the entire thing is a front for covering up new technology but what I am trying to say is the whole thing a sort of study conducted by intelligence organizations deep within the government.

just curious and figured you folks would know. Maybe its crazy. It just popped in my head today when i was putting a puzzle together.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

I have had conversations with people who suggest this but they have no idea how far beyond conventional thinking these experiences go. There is no technology possessed by mankind that can simulate or even get close to what is experienced by some.

Religious people say these things are demonic, this is also a very basic and 2 dimensional way of thinking. Humanity is stuck in an incredibly basic and dogmatic view of reality. Western culture has systematically dismantled the prospect of a multi dimensional reality and brought our consciousness down to a level where money, jobs and home ownership are the things to aspire to.

Look at how people treat each other on threads in these forums, ego, frustration and a general lack of respect rules here. There is no regard for differing opinions or belief systems. People are so adamant their basic concept of life is the pinnacle of understanding they mock others who see things differently wether or not they have evidence or an experience.

If you wish to believe that things beyond the realm of human understanding are psyops against the people that is obviously your choice but I could just as easily suggest that the psyops explanation is planted by gov into the ufo field as a psyop itself....

Ufology is full of lunatic fringe insanity which itself has truth and untruth tangled into such a complex web dissecting truth is nigh on impossible.

From my personal experience I sit in a place where a multi dimensional reality exists, good and bad is complicated and our brief existence on this planet is just a fraction of what exists. Consciousness is more than flesh and blood, the struggle we all experience here is profound and misunderstood.

I am also aware I may be terribly misinformed

edit on 23-7-2017 by Charlyboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Only problem is I have seen UFO's on many an occasion,their existance has been denied for years,but anything that the govt has their hand in is a form of control,and to think we are only cizilization is pretty short sided

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

The entire UFO phenomenon? No way.

Part of it? You bet!

Which part?? Well, that's the million dollar question!
edit on 2017-07-23T02:45:49-05:00201707bam3107am4931 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

The BS part....

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Both..
and more

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Some of it may be but not all of it. Sightings go back a thousand years, and as far as Egypt bce.

So unless time travel was prevalent at that time in history and even in the present day, we can only guess at most. With all the evidence focusing on the world being a matrix,via 'Bohm' and others, it's all speculative at this point. It's a topic of interest i wish more would explore here; it's a fascinating topic.
edit on 23-7-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I guess it is possible. But there were many sightings that turned out to be spy planes.

www.google.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

mobile.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

To what end? People can be studied in their natural (and unnatural) environments without need of subterfuge. Colleges and universities have psychology and social science departments for studying people. Govs and militaries have always used applied psychology too. Your idea appears to pile on multiple layers of needless complexity.

The USAF and RAND Corp liked the idea of using people's superstitions to promote propaganda and mess with their minds. You can read about it here - The Exploitation of Superstitions for Purposes of Psychological Warfare by J. M. Hungerford. Beware though because it's swallowed its own message and believes its own BS. They literally promote a couple of hoaxes believing they were real. Irony.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I believe the UFO phenomena is a real.

What these UFO's are is literally as labelled UNIDENTIFIED flying or aerial object's.

The whole subject and the public's imagination however have definitely been used by the military as a smokescreen and convenient cover for testing of exotic air craft and propulsion system's and perhaps as a convenient cover for very real and operational exotic military craft.

The Cattle mutilation's fit perfectly with action's of a clandestine group acting outside of the law, black helicopters with night vision, stealth technology and noise cancellation technology's used to obtain biopsy samples from cattle in order to monitor the spread of pathogen, chemical or radiological contamination which such a group would not want to be held up to account for in court but which they need to monitor and analyse, perhaps even deliberately release compound's of biological contamination, it is in the food chain so human's are likely the target of this project if it is such and of course there are report's of human mutilations as well that fit the exact same criteria so think criminal's not alien's.

BUT have no doubt that there are real UFO that are not the property of any human government or human company on this planet, there origin and nature for the moment shall have to remain a mystery but it is likely a case of all of the above, the above I am referring to include but are not exclusive too.

Optical illusion.

Genuine alien encounter - including
Paranormal
Other Dimensional
Other worldly
Other time
Swamp gas produced by paid skeptic's with there but hole were there mouth should be.

In other words it is a genuine subject but Psy Op's are definitely part of the weave, they are not however it's origin as UFO sighting's can be traced back to ancient time's.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
ATS is one of the worlds largest sources of UFO information (and disinformation).
Back in the 1950's the board of directors for NICAP listed several retired military leaders.
So historically the UFO community has been driven by government agents themselves.
Information that is still under non disclosure protection from the main stream media can still be disseminated.
All kinds of interesting facts about alien control of the planet are out there and actually pretty easy reading.
We would probably have to wait until all the 911 threads are in the ATS HOAX bin before we read subjects like Lester Farrington`s plane though.
edit on 23-7-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

To what end?

I'm not saying that I agree with the idea proposed in the OP, though I have considered it myself in the past. The end could very well be the magician's slight of hand. Look over here at this UFO and avoid looking at all of the corruption, the massive amount of drugs being imported by the CIA, the carcinogens we allow to be dumped into the environment, etc. etc..

So often on this site we see people who believe that the MSM have an agenda that is laced throughout everything they produce. We are repeatedly told how six companies own 95 % of what appears on TV. And yet no one asks why, over the past decade or so, there has been a huge increase in the amount of MSM dedicated to UFO, ghost, cryptid, and other paranormal programming.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Waves of UFO reports happened. Governments are deceitful and frequently corrupt. Neither statement depends on the other to exist.

I guess my point is our own dodgy dealings exist and never needed a smokescreen of UFOs to spare our blushes. It's much easier to blame previous governments and promise that 'lessons will be learned.' Going for the theatricality of orchestrating UFO flaps and waves seems overly complicated.

edit on 7.23.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
No it's not.

I've personally witnessed something completely out of the ordinary that is very highly unexplained with several other people.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I know that they have traced a bunch of similar conspiracies back to the old soviet unions propaganda arm.

So it's possible it is a government conspiracy..

The real question with any conspiracy is what are the logistical requirements..

Does it only require a handful of people who are in on it with very little infrastructure???

Or does it require paying off literally every mit student for the last 30 years and a super convoluted and usually inefficient plan??
edit on 23-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

has anyone ever proposed the Idea that the entire ufo conspiracy is simply a government psyops experiment aimed at learning and experimenting with new ways to manipulate the public...

That 'psyop' was invented to cover up the truth.

For instance, the gubment doesn't spend much time and money covering up Atlantis or big foot, just 'aleens'.

Theres your sign.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What benefit does hiding aliens get you, that hiding all the other conspiracy theories does not??

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What a great reply, you said it all very eloquently! My thoughts exactly...a reply to: Charlyboy

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It's more like a Psy-Op for the benefit of the enemy. ie. the powers don't know what it is but neither do the enemy so the powers pretend it's them which makes the enemy think that the powers are way in front with technology.
The public are just sitting on the side lines picking a bit up here and there.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
has anyone ever proposed the Idea that the entire ufo conspiracy is simply a government psyops experiment aimed at learning and experimenting with new ways to manipulate the public with half truths, disinformation, false accounts etc. etc. I know that many think the entire thing is a front for covering up new technology but what I am trying to say is the whole thing a sort of study conducted by intelligence organizations deep within the government.

just curious and figured you folks would know. Maybe its crazy. It just popped in my head today when i was putting a puzzle together.

Steven Greer believes that the US secret crew does many operations of FAKE alien abductions.

This idea is around in the UFO movement, and has been for years.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join