It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing gender roles set to become EASIER

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

So, basically they want people to be able to declare they are anything, or anyone, no restrictions, no common sense, no sanity required. Gee what could go wrong? (She asks sarcastically...)

Yes, indeed, what could go wrong? Similarly we accept that people have their entire bodies ruined just to look "better". We also accept that people - IMHO - ruin their skin and appearance by having tattoos placed and removed. We accept that people can obtain liquor and drink themselves to death. We accept that rope is freely available so folks can end their lives. We accept that folks are allowed to buy guns and shoot themselves. We accept that people can refuse to help others by having their body parts used to cure others (after death).

We, all in all, accept that others have the right to do with their bodies as they please. It are, after all, THEIR bodies.

Way to completely miss the point. Doing surgery on someone with a mental condition, to enforce the delusion, is a far cry from a facelift or a tattoo.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Kettu
Why do people who claim to love the idea of "freedom" want to tell others who/what they are?

And when pressed, these people never can really come up with a solid, logical or valid excuse as to why these people are making their quality of life worse.

"It makes me...uncomfortable!" Yeah, well watching someone pick their nose at a stop light makes me uncomfortable. This one lady last week actually ate it. Ungh.

But you know what? My life went on. I didn't invite the issue into my my reality to ruin it. Live and let live, and if someone wants to pick their nose or change their gender role?

Whatever, it's their body, their body parts and their mind -- not mine.

We don't.

I have no issue with Trans people. What I have an issue with is how it is being shoved down the throats of our children in our school systems, Hollywood, etc etc

If you want to say it's none of my business? Then don't make it my business.

People always claim that it has been shoved down the throats of anyone. I've yet to have anyone "shoving" this in my throat.

Frankly that may just be because you are willingly gobbling it all up.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Kettu
Why do people who claim to love the idea of "freedom" want to tell others who/what they are?

And when pressed, these people never can really come up with a solid, logical or valid excuse as to why these people are making their quality of life worse.

"It makes me...uncomfortable!" Yeah, well watching someone pick their nose at a stop light makes me uncomfortable. This one lady last week actually ate it. Ungh.

But you know what? My life went on. I didn't invite the issue into my my reality to ruin it. Live and let live, and if someone wants to pick their nose or change their gender role?

Whatever, it's their body, their body parts and their mind -- not mine.

We don't.

I have no issue with Trans people. What I have an issue with is how it is being shoved down the throats of our children in our school systems, Hollywood, etc etc

If you want to say it's none of my business? Then don't make it my business.

People always claim that it has been shoved down the throats of anyone. I've yet to have anyone "shoving" this in my throat.

Frankly that may just be because you are willingly gobbling it all up.

You're a regular Jerry Seinfeld aren't you?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

If the shoes fit we wear them don't we?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

If it was an attempt at humor it isn't that funny.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It wasn't, I was being quite literal.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The solution is to have your ID state exactly what you are.

So, we need two classifications.

M-M = Born Male, Still Male
M-F = Born Male, transitioned to Female
F-F = Born Female, Still Female
F-M = Born Female, transitioned to Male

etc...

We just need a better classification scheme. Because obviously, a woman with "Male DNA" in her cells, is not the same as a woman with "Female DNA" in her cells. Regardless of what "gender" you call your self, there is an objective physical reality that you can't deny.

Then, when you meet someone in a night club, just ask to see ID.

We often do this, anyway, to confirm a person's name. So, we only need to add the correct gender classification code to that same ID.

edit on 24-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

It wasn't, I was being quite literal.

Ah thought so. Still isn't funny.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I just thought of something and decided to play your game.
You greedly and happily gobble up the whole far-right propaganda.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The source looks like hype. Overall doubt it would be set so fast without more study or more people backing it besides an advocacy group to back it up even if it is serious. Ive waited since it was first posted and still not seeing much besides this news as a main source.

a reply to: AMPTAH

Huh, well that would defeat some of the purpose of the sex change. Can't they just change over, instead of being reminded all the time of hardships of their past?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux

originally posted by: yosako

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Another serious question occurred to me.

If I meet a woman in a night club, and we hit is off, and things are going well, do I have the right to know whether she was born a woman or really born a man who transitioned some years ago?

Skip your trip to the night club. Problem solved.

That's your answer to the poster's legitimate question? I don't know about you, but I've read several news stories about that exact topic. A trans person meeting someone and going home with them, only to be beaten or killed because SURPRISE they don't have the plumbing the person that took them home thought they had.

How often does that happen? Somehow I don't think many will be playing the crying game.

So far the few I've met or were told stories about did play that game .

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

If I meet a woman in a night club, and we hit is off, and things are going well, do I have the right to know whether she was born a woman or really born a man who transitioned some years ago?

That's your answer to the poster's legitimate question? I don't know about you, but I've read several news stories about that exact topic. A trans person meeting someone and going home with them, only to be beaten or killed because SURPRISE they don't have the plumbing the person that took them home thought they had.

How often does that happen? Somehow I don't think many will be playing the crying game.

Well that's anecdotes.
I have many LGBT friends and I have never heard of anyone playing that game. It would be dumb to play that game as it can turn violent. There are too many hate crimes against transgender people. Many hate crimes go unreported.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Well that's anecdotes.
I have many LGBT friends and I have never heard of anyone playing that game. It would be dumb to play that game as it can turn violent. There are too many hate crimes against transgender people. Many hate crimes go unreported.

Many hate crimes on all sorts of people go unreported... it's not exclusive to transgendered

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well that's anecdotes.

Many hate crimes on all sorts of people go unreported... it's not exclusive to transgendered

Um I know that.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The solution is to have your ID state exactly what you are.

So, we need two classifications.

M-M = Born Male, Still Male
M-F = Born Male, transitioned to Female
F-F = Born Female, Still Female
F-M = Born Female, transitioned to Male

etc...

We just need a better classification scheme. Because obviously, a woman with "Male DNA" in her cells, is not the same as a woman with "Female DNA" in her cells. Regardless of what "gender" you call your self, there is an objective physical reality that you can't deny.

Then, when you meet someone in a night club, just ask to see ID.

We often do this, anyway, to confirm a person's name. So, we only need to add the correct gender classification code to that same ID.

I think I see what you would like to accomplish with that, but it is my opinion that would be the absolute opposite of what should happen. I personally don't think requiring every one to ask "whats your pronoun" when they meet new person is helping anyone or considered progress. Nor do I think that overly complicating something that would cater to a small % of the population is worth the time or money required. That's my perspective at least.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Huh, well that would defeat some of the purpose of the sex change. Can't they just change over, instead of being reminded all the time of hardships of their past?

No. Because we are who we are, past and all.

More importantly, we haven't "changed over" with a sex change.

We've only "modified" the appearance of our body.

Inside our DNA, we are still what we were born.

It's like the woman who dyes her hair blond, but is really a brunette. She is still brunette in her DNA.

We understand, and accept that she likes to die her hair. We may even like how she looks now. But, we still want to know that we're looking at "hair dye" and not a "True Blonde".

Same with all the lipstick and makeup, we want to know who they are under all the face paint at some point, before we get serious.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Well that's anecdotes.

Over generalizing just for the sake of opposition does not take away from the point. And it certainly does not make your stance appear more tenable. I'm pretty sure anyone outside of a rock would know that. SMH.

edit on 25-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

Well that's anecdotes.

Over generalizing just for the sake of opposition does not take away from the point. And it certainly does not make your stance appear more tenable. I'm pretty sure anyone outside of a rock would know that. SMH.

Over generalizing my points ( or deflecting from them )is a common theme from some members here in regards to my posts. Do you need to put others down to make yourself feel better about yourself Reya. Here .. have my rock.. it's a cornerstone.. it might do you some good .

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is really a subject, like many in our evolving “civilization”, which doesn’t have an easy answer.

Of course, there are those who have easy answers for themselves but within the society, this is a tough one to deal with objectively.

Sure, there may be people who don’t really want to change, and are deluded, but how is one going to stop a person determined to do it?

Th OP makes good points but this wagon has left the station and there’s just no turning back

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

Well that's anecdotes.

Over generalizing my points ( or deflecting from them )is a common theme from some members here in regards to my posts. Do you need to put others down to make yourself feel better about yourself Reya. Here .. have my rock.. it's a cornerstone.. it might do you some good .

Stop playing victim, no one is putting you down. So to say me putting you down makes me feel better, that is no longer valid. Pointing out inconsistencies and unnecessary vagueness and the faults within your posts is not putting you down. You need to not take things so personally.

Your statement was just such an obvious observation it really didn't add to the point. You're right many people suffer from crimes that go unreported. What is your point?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join