It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a freedom loving citizen, I have no choice but to oppose Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I do not believe in forcing people to do something. I do not believe in taking people's liberty. I believe liberty is a God given right. Although I have no opinion regarding expansion of medicaid by taxing the rich more, I do have a grudge with Obamacare's individual mandate. In no other country does the government force you to do something you don't like, or fine you if you don't. America is the nation of liberty. It is were the Statue of Liberty resides. America should live up to it. I have made up my mind. Obamacare is an evil and it must therefore die.

When Senator Barack Obama ran against Hillary Clinton for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008, he mocked Hillary’s insistence on an individual mandate. “If a mandate was the solution,” he said at the time, “you could try that to solve homelessness by mandating that everybody buy a house. But the reason they don’t have a house is they don’t have the money.”

And there’s a more fundamental question: if Obamacare’s insurance is so wonderful, why do millions of Americans need to be forced to buy it? By definition, you haven’t been “kicked off” your insurance if the only reason you’re no longer buying it is that the government has stopped fining you.

Arguably the most significant data point in the entire debate about the Senate health care bill has been the CBO’s claim that in 2026, 22 million fewer people would have health insurance under the Senate bill than under Obamacare.

Democrats have seized on this number to stoke fears about the bill’s impact; moderate Republicans, intimidated by the negative headlines, have been reluctant to support the bill.

Previously undisclosed estimate: Three-fourths of CBO coverage difference is the individual mandate

source
edit on 22-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

So what if you oppose it. It's not up to you anyway!!

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well maybe fact check yourself more and again you are not a American so why do you post about American politics?. I see you took a 3 hour break. Maybe take another...a reply to: allsee4eye

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The mandate is not popular, but it is meant to get healthy people on insurance so that the insurance companies can fund the sick and elderly people who buy insurance.

I did not know that most of those that would lose insurance under the Senate bill would be those buying Obamacare under the individual mandate. This means that around 75% of the 22 million people ditching insurance would be healthy and a source of funding for those that are not.

There are other problems with the Senate and House healthcare bills, but I do agree that it would be nice to have health care without the mandate if it were possible.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

And cause countless people to lose health insurance. God bless America.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

You might want to fact check the part about no other country forcing you to do some thing.

Lots of countries have ruled you have to follow, and thing you are required to do.

We have to wear clothes outside in most public places, right?

I think you get in some hot water by making a lot of what is called "hyperbolic" statements. That is a fancy way of saying that you have a point to make, so you exaggerate it some. Kind of like when you say "I am freezing to death" when you are really just cold.

If you try to be aware of these types of exaggeration, you might find out that it makes posting more pleasent.

But you can still say things like "I am freezing to death" because people will know what you mean.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vorian

The mandate forces millions of those people to buy far-too-expensive insurance, whether they want to or not. I don't think stealing money from one group via the mandate, to fund another group, is a very just system. Just my opinion though.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

AllSee4Eye, last week you were willing to do your fair share to help poorer people get health coverage.
RE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But in this thread you're balking about having to buy ObamaCare insurance? Buying ObamaCare helps the poor.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Does anyone else smell a paid government troll? I'm going to start pointing them out wherever I see them, whether they're Dem, Rep, Russian, Soros, you name it and I'll be calling them like I see them. This person churns out Rep. And Trump supporting posts like it's a job. Maybe it is.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

So do you also think people should not be forced to pay for the military, fire dept or police??

What about for foreign aid packages or welfare?? Or the road systems..

It's only infringing on freedom when it is something you don't personally use at that exact moment I guess....

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

The mandate forces millions of those people to buy far-too-expensive insurance, whether they want to or not. I don't think stealing money from one group via the mandate, to fund another group, is a very just system. Just my opinion though.

The Democrats who designed ObamaCare must have had psychology experts on their planning teams. The mandate to buy health insurance was sugar-coated to the point where most people didn't even know that it was a binding Federal law.

Likewise the IRS Financial Penalty for not having health insurance is officially named as the "Individual Responsibility" payment. Some people don't mind paying it, because they feel like they're contributing to carrying the load for everyone.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I hate the mandate.

I'm glad it's going away.

It is the antithesis of freedom.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

It makes countless people pay for health insurance that they can not use because the deductables are so high.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Wasnt there a time when liberals were pro freedom? Kind of funny how that played out.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

That's exactly the point...it should be.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

So do you also think people should not be forced to pay for the military, fire dept or police??

What about for foreign aid packages or welfare?? Or the road systems..

It's only infringing on freedom when it is something you don't personally use at that exact moment I guess....

We aren't talking about public infrastructure.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Wish Dems felt that way about the election...

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Health insurance they can't even afford to use. God bless America indeed.
edit on 23-7-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
Wasnt there a time when liberals were pro freedom? Kind of funny how that played out.

Liberals are now pro feelings.
Freedom doesn't matter.
The last true liberal has left the building.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It was more or less a give away to the greedy insurance companies...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join