It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC 1 diagonal damage during collapse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
I'll be honest .. I've watched the video a few times and I see nothing. Maybe I'm not understand what I'm looking for
try this not sure if it is more clear

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: sg1642
a reply to: stormcell

A rush of air wouldn't cause windows to blow out going down the building in that kind of manner. Not in a pretty straight and angled line.

I see it now. It's blurry but I see it. The windows are blowing diagonally going down.
Right?
yeah from left to right. (S/E corner to N/E corner I think. Could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642
Thanks I wasn't knocking the video or your post I just had a little trouble seeing what you meant. I was even using the pic with the red line and comparing to the video

I blame myself mainly I don't think I'm looking hard enough

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Thanks I wasn't knocking the video or your post I just had a little trouble seeing what you meant. I was even using the pic with the red line and comparing to the video

No you make a fair point it isn't very clear at all it is quite hard to see. Look for what looks like a small flash in the bottom right and it is basically a 45 degree angle up and left from there.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Uh, yeah. I am familiar with that response.

I am remarking on how far down that flash was from the area of collapse....so far that it looked entirely unrelated to the collapse 30 stories, or so, going on above it.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I hadn't actually noticed that flash either. 16 years later and still noticing new things in the footage. Strange stuff.

As a reference to others as to what I am looking at where the flash happens on that same floor on the side facing the camera there is a large burst of dust or debris. It is in line with the lower balcony looking area on the woolworth building to its left. That puff of whatever it is is part of a long and fast moving series of ejections that travels either down or up the building in a diagonal direction. Very fast moving and in an almost straight line.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I should have said that I did finally see what you were referring to. Sorry to go OT with the flash I noticed.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

No you make a fair point it isn't very clear at all it is quite hard to see. Look for what looks like a small flash in the bottom right and it is basically a 45 degree angle up and left from there.

I see the flash .. and I believe I see what you are talking about. Interesting to say the least but I'm not an expert so sorry I can't add any more to it.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

It's almost like a large fracture opened up running down the side of the building. Strange.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The flash alone is something that needs explaining really. It isn't something I can say I have seen before.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

When have you seen buildings hit with planes collapse before?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: samkent

When have you seen buildings hit with planes collapse before?
is there a point to your question?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It almost looks like there is another diagonal debris streak to the right side of the one indicated, that runs parallel with it.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Could it simply be the shadow of the falling debris & dust cloud that's moving further from the building as it descends? The sun angle is good for such effects and the cloud doesn't appear uniform in density allowing striations to give the illusion of diagonal bright and dark lines.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
On the diagonal, you have to remember the outer cladding and the windows are only visible below the dust cloud.

As the load shifted, it could have caused a vertical column to pull away from a neighboring column. The pull could cause what would looked like a zipper effect to be highlighted by windows breaking.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Going to change my stance a bit. The diagonal looks like the left side was pushed down or way at a rate different than the structure to the right of the diagonal. So what happened was much wider the a span of a few vertical columns. But what you see is how the loads in the building were shifting as revealed through changes in the outer cladding and windows.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

No watching the collapse from other angles it is possible to make out the expulsions leaving the face of the tower.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

That's what I was thinking as one of the causes. A large split appearing down the side of the building like a fault line.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pilgrum
Could it simply be the shadow of the falling debris & dust cloud that's moving further from the building as it descends? The sun angle is good for such effects and the cloud doesn't appear uniform in density allowing striations to give the illusion of diagonal bright and dark lines.

That is exactly what it is, imho. I was peering at the video provided, and not seeing the things that were claimed to be there, and then I looked at the obvious shadow and thought "Is that all that they are on about? For Chr1st's sake!"

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It took me a while to spot it. I first spotted a small puff near the bottom of the screen, well below the "debris avalanche," and then I was able to discern the other spots. Very interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join