It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My absolute favorite series of fantasy novels...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Hyperion is a great book. The scene where he goes down the endless steps and in to the old catacombs was truly edge of the chair anticipation. Movie potential in this one. Imagine how awesome the Shrike's appearance would be? Guilermo del Toro to direct!

a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Haha
! Nobody is brave enough to admit they don't rate lord of the rings. It's my secret too. The truth is I too couldn't read it. On and on and on it goes with no end in sight. We must thank Peter Jackson for redeeming it!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
those were very good books...thomas covenant was the character with hansens disease that traveled to the other kingdom to help save them, is that right? it has been nearly 30 years since i read those!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Fave Scy-fy/scy-fan series is Julian May's, Saga of the Exiles www.fantasticfiction.com... along with Intervention and Galactic Milieu (accompanying) series'. kept me occupied for a bit.

Also, Doris Lessing, Canopus in Argos series en.wikipedia.org... time-lords and accelerated evolution.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
For series, with the exception of Pratchett I tend to burn out after a book or two, but these are some of my favorites:

Phil Pullman's His Dark Materials series (probably #1 after Pratchett for me)
Scott Lynch Lies of Locke Lamora
RS Belcher - Sixgun Tarot, Shotgun Arcana
Patrick Rothfuss Name of the Wind
Gene Wolf Book of the New Sun
Joe Abercrombie Blade Trilogy
Michael Moorcook
GRRM's Game of Thrones
Stephen King's Dark Tower

Been meaning to read Hyperion for a while now... time to get to it after seeing some recommendations here
I'm also chuffed nobody's put Harry Potter yet

a reply to: Bluntone22

I read loads of both Fantasy and Sci Fi, and almost never about non-humans (Pratchett probably has the most out of what I read). I tend to read mostly about wizards, or low tech second world fantasies.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join