It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had no idea Eric Clapton did techno!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So, in 1994 or 1996, i was just getting into different electronic music, when I stumbled upon an album by a group called TDF. there was no explanation as to what the acronym meant, and all of the credits were obviously made up names. The guitar work was credited to a performer called x-sample. I thought i recognized the tone and style, but I could not think of anyone that would have been involved in this project. Skip forward several years to the ability to look up anything on the internet, and i found that x-sample was, in fact, Eric Clapton. Give a listen, and hear slowhand playing something that is far and away different from anything else I have ever heard from him.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

Some dude in the youtube comments says:
T.D.F. = Total Disfunctional Family are Simon Climie and Eric Clapton

Nice.
Drumnbass on a saturday night, dont mind if i do

Thanks for this.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivek555
The rest of the album is really good too, and the remix single for the song ripstop has a mix done by rabbit in the moon. It is long, but really awesome!!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Nice, thanks. Good to hear his guitar sing!

I think I heard once EC made an album calked "Retail Therapy' which sounded much heavy techno - is this a track from the same album, or some thing I mjsheard along the way!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa
this is, in fact, from that same album. There is also some good r&b sounding stuff on there as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yeah I listened to it after the ripstop remix.
Pretty dope stuff if you ask me

I always liked this one though;

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivek555
to be honest, there is very little from clapton that i do not like. knowing his versatility extends that far just adds to my respect for his musical ability.

top topics

join