It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What came first, the AI or the Man?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
a reply to: prevenge

I don't think an "intelligent, bipedal organism" is necessarily the goal of the evolution of life on Earth.

It's ripe for speculation though! Life likes to spread into all available niches. "Intelligent, bipedal organisms" are thus far its best chance of spreading into off-world niches. Maybe, just maybe, our technological prowess is an expression of life's drive to perpetuate? In that context, our romantic aspirations to explore space would be better described as mundane biological imperatives.

I agree the bipedal model is the most purposeful design
For our current level of consciousness.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

The thing I wonder about is what would happen if the 'new AI' becomes aware of the 'original AI'. Would they cooperate, coexist or compete?

How would they communicate? How long would it take before a common ground is found?

Guess it al depends on how much the 'original AI' would tolerate in the first place and if it would take any action at all. Maybe it doesn't want to be detected...

edit on 25-7-2017 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

"The thing I wonder about is what would happen if the 'new AI' becomes aware of the 'original AI'. Would they cooperate, coexist or compete?"

Watch "Person of Interest" and find out.

"How would they communicate? How long would it take before a common ground is found?"

Same way we communicate given that it would be able to employ numerous different types of communication but most lightly at the machine code level so as to promote speed and greater understanding of one another at the most basic level.

"Guess it al depends on how much the 'original AI' would tolerate in the first place and if it would take any action at all. Maybe it doesn't want to be detected."

Seems to me it would be a pretty lonely universe and existence with only one of anything. Plus existence requires company and cooperation to make it bearable, life is about learning tolerance, so i imagine if the machine AI is sentient it will learn to accept difference just like any other being that possesses intelligence.
edit on 25-7-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Just don't teach it the concept of deception and we'll remain the dominate life form.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DrChandra

Thing is it would learn from our historical information, and from the world we have created.

That may not bode well for us or indeed for the sanity of the artificial intelligence itself.

Also any emotions that the machine mind developed may be orders of magnitude in difference to our own given the non biological nature of the entity. Notions and Human constructs such as good or evil may quite frankly be beneath it.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I really like that answer and I guess you are right.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join