It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Favouritest Bestest Song Ever

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

That was pretty cool. The chick on the trombone was bad ass!!

The song sort of reminded me of Gogol Bordello a little in it's style.

edit on 23-7-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The best song ever written..youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

My dad had very diverse taste in music, all the greats of the 60's and 70's Johnny Cash to Elvis to Frank to Tommy James and the Shondell's , Herb Alpert to David Bowie Tom Jones to Marty Robbins. LOL We had tiny house with a half built in basement Dad stuck a pool table in there and he spent many of his weekend mornings with his 4 kids playing pool and all of us singing out in a town west of El Paso I fell in love with a mexican girl. LOL along with big iron on his hip. and soooo many others. Lost my Dad last year miss him everyday, but glad he gave his diverse appreciation of music along with so many other things.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My 'favourite, best song' continually changes depending on my moods and circumstances but 'it' tends to be from one of a number of constant favourites.
Here's a few;

There's a few more but I don't want to bore everyone too much!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

Thanks for posting that, reminds me of a jazz-y, more raw Maura Davis.

Its rare that one of these threads introduces me to something that strikes that nerve for me, so to speak. So damn jaded at this point.. I truly appreciate you sharing that.

After literally tens of thousands of albums(might even be long past six figures..), you'd think I'd be able to pinpoint that je ne sais quoi, but it remains elusive.
It simply remains "I like what I like," even though the vast majority of my favorite stuff appears hideously unlistenable for most. Which is why I abstain from sharing favorites!

ETA: Actually, these are pretty benign, though not exactly "unheard of"

Both always make me smile

Thanks for the thread peeps
edit on 24-7-2017 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam
I'm glad, I just found out that Maura Davis was a member of Denali! I 've got their 2002 album... and I thought that Bebel was Astrud Gilberto's daughter, turned out she was João Gilberto's of the classic Getz/Gilberto album!... thank you for that, I also love Jobim...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

This is seriously one of the most beautiful songs...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Poets of the Fall - Carnival of Rust

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Pop-punk is just one of my favorites.

Julian Cope - World Shut Your Mouth

Penelope Houston - Grand Prix

Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot (probably favoritest of all time. It has never gotten old!)

...a man who can open up a map and see between one and two...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Oh, I don't know. So many "best songs". They all depend on the mood and circumstance.

Sitting here in a hotel room in London after a long day. Wanting to go home, but won't escape until tomorrow. This one comes to mind.

edit on 1/8/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Electric six, almost everything. Listening to them for hours. Their crazy lyrics and super tunes make me happy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join