It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump does what Obama never did. Commissioning of a US naval vessel.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I noticed that you ignored most the posts in this thread and made a few more threads, lol.

Can you please eat crow and acknowledge you messed up in your op?

The Bush and Obama presidencies both had a major part in this ship being built and you tried to make it a deluded divisional/partisanal issue which in reality Trump doesn't deserve much credit.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You call me naïve? Naïve because the US has put a huge symbol of our might out on the open seas? In an age where cyber warfare is on the rise? In a world where more and more weapons are being developed to destroy antiquated notions of military might? When the billions and billions of dollars this ship cost might have gone to building other weapons that do not have to sit in the middle of the ocean offering a target bigger than a bunch of football fields?

In a world where madmen have a proven record of targeting symbols of America. Nine eleven comes to mind.
This ship, as mighty as it is like the Death Star to many in the world. A symbol of the repressive might of the US.

And I'm the naïve one here? Well, I'm so naïve to even delve into a conspiracy theory that this monster is noting but a red flag waiting to happen, an obsolete symbol deployed simply for destruction by some foreign power to give cause to declare out right war on them and all the people in the US will rise up and say yes oh Donald, yes, save us all. Go get em Donald and never wonder a second why it was sailed into the sea of Japan.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

You call me naïve? Naïve because the US has put a huge symbol of our might out on the open seas? In an age where cyber warfare is on the rise? In a world where more and more weapons are being developed to destroy antiquated notions of military might? When the billions and billions of dollars this ship cost might have gone to building other weapons that do not have to sit in the middle of the ocean offering a target bigger than a bunch of football fields?

In a world where madmen have a proven record of targeting symbols of America. Nine eleven comes to mind.
This ship, as mighty as it is like the Death Star to many in the world. A symbol of the repressive might of the US.

And I'm the naïve one here? Well, I'm so naïve to even delve into a conspiracy theory that this monster is noting but a red flag waiting to happen, an obsolete symbol deployed simply for destruction by some foreign power to give cause to declare out right war on them and all the people in the US will rise up and say yes oh Donald, yes, save us all. Go get em Donald and never wonder a second why it was sailed into the sea of Japan.

Cyber warfare are remote weaponry have their place, but they don't remove the need for conventional weapons.

Being afraid of being a target is rather weak...

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

Yeah no matter how you slice up that pie trump had nothing at all to do with this ship.

Nothing.

At all.

Zero...nada

Not one rivit. Not one ounce of steel. Not a drop of paint.

Nothing.

He gets no credit except in launching it.
Like riding on the fire truck last week didn't make him a firefighter.
Lol

It's not about credit for building it.
It's about the launch and his attendance.

The military now seem to have a commander in chief they actually like.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a render of the future USS Donald J Trump?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
Who said anything about being afraid. I was just commenting on how the enemy will see this ship. This big perfect ship that cost billions and is a perfect symbol of the hated American military might. What enemy would not love to puncture that symbol? My comment was as simple that. If you wish to continue to make more of it than that then knock yourself out.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Yeah...

Christening a vessel is about the only thing Trump can't really # up...

...But wait, he opened his mouth...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join