It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump does what Obama never did. Commissioning of a US naval vessel.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That's right. Obama never cared about the US military. He wanted to weaken the US military so Russia dominates the world stage. Obama stopped F-22 production and introduced 3.8% tax on the rich to expand medicaid program. Obama reduce rich population and increase poor population, therefore weakening the US, making it easier for Russia to dominate the world. Trump, unlike Obama, challenges Putin on the world stage. Trump participates in the commission of the first of the Gerald Ford class carrier today.

edit on 22-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Trump gets credit for this how?

On 10 September 2008, the U.S. Navy signed a $5.1 billion contract with Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding in Newport News, Virginia, to design and construct the carrier. Northrop had begun advance construction of the carrier under a $2.7 billion contract in 2005. The carrier is being constructed at the Huntington Ingalls (formerly Northrop Grumman) Newport News Shipbuilding facilities in Newport News, Virginia, which employs 19,000 workers.[16]

en.wikipedia.org...

That damned time machine of his!

Edit:

Obama was president when this part happened:

The keel of the new warship was ceremonially laid on 14 November 2009 in Dry Dock 12[26] by Ford's daughter, Susan Ford Bales. In a speech to the assembled shipworkers and DoD officials, Bales said: "Dad met the staggering challenges of restoring trust in the presidency and healing the nation's wounds after Watergate in the only way he knew how — with complete honesty and integrity. And that is the legacy we remember this morning."[27]

I have no dog in this fight since I believe both Trump and Obama to be pawns in this magical show which we call politics, but I find it funny how your bromances blind you so badly.
edit on 22-7-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
That is some ship

www.diseno-art.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

As always you have a half ass OP with questionable facts.

Obama had the military budget to record levels before Trump raised them.

But it wouldn't fit partisan circle jerking to say the Obama administration for the most part was an extension of Bush.

But hey, keep your spam up. Multiple no substance threads a day! Huray!

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
SuperCarrier, the only one on the ocean.

Over three football fields long, this is the worlds most advanced weapons platform, a shining beacon for a potential weaponized autonomous future.

This ship requires less hands and has improved reactors for some serious power pushing.

Love to be there during Freedom of Navigation patrols.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

...you make no sense. The OP is in reference to a commissioning, that is all, you know? the good'ole break the glass on the hull? like in those old bugs bunny cartoons?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I will give the USA credit for making the best carriers.

Carriers and stealth aircraft your number one in and will be for the next 50 years at least i bet.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

God, that Trump guy is a freeking miracle worker. In office for only six months and he has managed to get a multi billion dollar weapon of war designed, funded constructed and launched. Freeking amazing this guy. He should have us opening McDonald's on Mars within the year.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

OP made sure to make this about Obama, I was just pointing out his ignorance on the matter. I don't deny that Trump com the ship, but both Bush Jr and Obama had a hand in leading up to it during their presidencies. OP was very bias and lacked objectivity now I am explaining the obvious to you since you seem to have missed the part where this became about Obama too lol.

You guys can fight over who's team is better but don't get upset when I call out a fellow member's faulty logic. I am not a "leftist" so please save any label variety ad hom response because I claim no affiliation with these puppets.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Beautiful indeed. A marvel to science and the military mind. One thing though. Seems to me the best way to describe this ship is in one word.

TARGET

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Trump didn't build that!

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

OP made sure to make this about Obama, I was just pointing out his ignorance on the matter. I don't deny that Trump com the ship, but both Bush Jr and Obama had a hand in leading up to it during their presidencies. OP was very bias and lacked objectivity now I am explaining the obvious to you since you seem to have missed the part where this became about Obama too lol.

You guys can fight over who's team is better but don't get upset when I call out a fellow member's faulty logic. I am not a "leftist" so please save any label variety ad hom response because I claim no affiliation with these puppets.

Obama cut military spending and even delayed the build of this aircraft carrier in order to save money.

From 2011:

Last year, the Obama administration, Secretary of Defense, and Congress began reshaping the U.S. military by changing the direction of defense investments and canceling programs with a total lifetime value of over $300 billion (if seen through completion). The list of defense cuts includes a combat search and rescue helicopter, the F-22 fifth generation fighter, the Army’s future combat systems (primarily a ground vehicle program), the multiple-kill vehicle for missile defense, a bomber for the Air Force, the VH-71 presidential helicopter, a transformational satellite program, and the second airborne laser aircraft.
In addition, the Administration decided to extend the construction of an aircraft carrier by an extra year from four to five, reduce the number of ground-based midcourse defense interceptors from 44 to 30, and indefinitely delay the Navy’s next generation cruiser.
The current 2011 defense budget and next year’s defense budget aren’t being spared the axe, either. Some of the planned reductions include: ending production of the country’s only wide-bodied cargo aircraft, the C-17; terminating the EPX intelligence aircraft; permanently canceling the Navy’s cruiser; ending another satellite program; and killing the expeditionary fighting vehicle program for the Marine Corps. The Army’s surface-to-air missile program and its non-line-of-sight cannon are also on the block.
The President has finally acknowledged what has been happening for over two years now: defense budgets aren’t just “on the table” but massive defense cuts are already underway. Too many policymakers have been saying the nation needs to debate military spending cuts. This ignores the fact that defense budgets have already been cut, are being cut now, and will be cut even further in the future.

dailysignal.com...

The military didn't like Obama for good reason

www.militarytimes.com...
edit on 22/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Beautiful indeed. A marvel to science and the military mind. One thing though. Seems to me the best way to describe this ship is in one word.

TARGET

To whom?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Neither did Obama.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Obama cut military spending and even delayed the build of this aircraft carrier in order to save money.

Probably a smart move , the US already has 10 carriers in service ... how many does one country need.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

TARGET

Beautiful to whom? Or a target to whom. That I would say to anyone who wanted to attack it.

To whom?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

Trump gets credit for this how?

On 10 September 2008, the U.S. Navy signed a $5.1 billion contract with Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding in Newport News, Virginia, to design and construct the carrier. Northrop had begun advance construction of the carrier under a $2.7 billion contract in 2005. The carrier is being constructed at the Huntington Ingalls (formerly Northrop Grumman) Newport News Shipbuilding facilities in Newport News, Virginia, which employs 19,000 workers.[16]

en.wikipedia.org...

That damned time machine of his!

Edit:

Obama was president when this part happened:

The keel of the new warship was ceremonially laid on 14 November 2009 in Dry Dock 12[26] by Ford's daughter, Susan Ford Bales. In a speech to the assembled shipworkers and DoD officials, Bales said: "Dad met the staggering challenges of restoring trust in the presidency and healing the nation's wounds after Watergate in the only way he knew how — with complete honesty and integrity. And that is the legacy we remember this morning."[27]

I have no dog in this fight since I believe both Trump and Obama to be pawns in this magical show which we call politics, but I find it funny how your bromances blind you so badly.

trump takes credit for allot of things that were already in motion from the Obama administration.

www.cnbc.com...

Then the trump supporters believe him, its utterly ridiculous. They literally believe anything he says, its a freaking joke!

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I won't lie, I come to the mud-pit because some of the posts in this forum are very entertaining. There is no option but to agree with you that it's absolutely mind-boggling how conditioned they are to just accept whatever he says as part of his elaborate master plan which has proven to be falling apart (or at least they want it to look that way he needs to play the clown role and he plays it well).

I won't pretend to know exactly what is going on because they are pulling a major mind # on us right now by putting him in the oval office. This seems like some type of major distraction I could have sworn hillary was the chosen one.

It seems that seeding division is TPTB most important agenda right now because they have a large portion of the populace ready to fight each other over political beliefs.

Watching ATS members celebrate him take credit for things he had nothing to do with is priceless.

edit on 22-7-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

That's right.

Like usual you are technically wrong Michelle helped to commission the High Tech Navy Sub USS Illinois.

Obama never cared about the US military.

Sure he didn't that's why the Navy is naming an aircraft carrier after him. I'm sure there's a garbage scow waiting for Trumps name.

Trump, unlike Obama, challenges Putin on the world stage.

Yeah the way he is kowtowing to Putin in Syria shows he be much man.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it was commissioned years ago but ok.
Rolls eyes.
Or do you think they started building this on Jan 20th....of this year?
Construction began twelve years ago.

Really I can't believe you even started this thread like trump had anything at all to to with the commissioning of this vessel.

Get real already.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join