It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butthurt over dunkirk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Apparently several groups are upset over the new movie dunkirk.

For those that don't know, it's a movie based off of real events during ww2. 400k troops were surrounded and escaped.

Well anyhow the French are pissed because they were pretty much left out of the movie.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

The link says the French don't even teach the event in school.

If that's not bad enough, people are upset because there are not enough women in the movie or persons of color as leads.....

Umm, yeah....ok.

www.dailywire.com...

Well I'm going to start a protest right now.
The movie straight out of Compton didn't have enough Sinatra! Wth?

This crap gives me a headache.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I read about it and laughed.

One complaint was not enough Americans! A reviewer wanted Americans in it!

As for colour the UK army at dunkirk was not a rainbow multicultural SJW safe space.....get over it.

Later on in africa, Italy and Burma sure but in the BEF ot was primarily a small British outfit that was meant to hold the
Ine while the rest of the empire mobilised.

As for the French? They are just French screw them. Wasn't for them running round like headless chickens there wouldn't have been a Dunkirk.
edit on 22-7-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The problem is that representatives of those groups were not actually there at the time.
The French army were somewhere else (and the French would not necessarily be pleased by an accurate depiction of what they were doing).
Women and black people could only be minor characters, because they were only minor characters in the military and political establishments of the period.
History is about describing what happened. It is not about describing what should have happened.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If they didnt spend all their time building a wall maybe they wpuldnt have been cornered.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I know.

When I watched The Three Stooges, there were no Chinese people in it.

Racist!

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

And to make more ridiculous the Germans had already pulled the trick of going through belgium once......

The british and French actually had more and better tanks than the Germans but because of pisspoor planning (that the brits have to take some blame for) they where dispersed.

If the British and French had concentrated there tanks and anti tanks where Germans where likely to have appeared the German invasion wpuld have been stopped.
The situation was never hopeless anyway. The french would of pulled back past paris regrouped at counter attacked as they still had the superior army.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I know.

Racist!

And why are there no disabled lesbian native American's in hunt for red October?

link   
If the french had got their act together, Dunkirk might never have happened, but a 'modern' army, still using carrier pigeons and land line's, not all of which were connected the the main headquarters, up against tanks all equipped with radios, its no wonder the french sued for an armistice, possibly terrified of another Verdun bloodletting ?

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Apparently several groups are upset over the new movie dunkirk.

For those that don't know, it's a movie based off of real events during ww2. 400k troops were surrounded and escaped.

Well anyhow the French are pissed because they were pretty much left out of the movie.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

The link says the French don't even teach the event in school.

If that's not bad enough, people are upset because there are not enough women in the movie or persons of color as leads.....

Umm, yeah....ok.

www.dailywire.com...

Well I'm going to start a protest right now.
The movie straight out of Compton didn't have enough Sinatra! Wth?

This crap gives me a headache.

We need to toss some native Americans in the mix, too. Just to keep it as realistic as possible.
edit on 22-7-2017 by Aristotelian1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I know.

Racist!

And why are there no disabled lesbian native American's in hunt for red October?

Cuz Russia don't have lesbians....
Ask putin.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ideally the Anglo-French front line would have been at the Belgian frontier with Germany. The Belgians would not let them go there. That's why the defence was too far back.

P.S. The French had no reserve force available for counter-attack, as the dismayed Churchill discovered.
"Where is the strategic reserve?" he asked. "Ou est la masse de manouevre?"
"Aucune!"
I trust that exchange is in the movie.
edit on 22-7-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Seeing it tomorrow.
Was looking forward to it until you mentioned there weren't a lot of women in it.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Seeing it tomorrow.
Was looking forward to it until you mentioned there weren't a lot of women in it.

Saw it yesterday.

Was a good film. Shows the great British skill of queuing.....

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That's the whole point of that that event. Hitler let his fellow Aryans escape to fight another day.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: crazyewok

I know.

Racist!

Cuz Russia don't have lesbians....
Ask putin.

So like north korea then...

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
If the french had got their act together, Dunkirk might never have happened, but a 'modern' army, still using carrier pigeons and land line's, not all of which were connected the the main headquarters, up against tanks all equipped with radios, its no wonder the french sued for an armistice, possibly terrified of another Verdun bloodletting ?

Only thing more useless than the french army......the Italian army.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I was thinking of going but......its only showing in IMAX theatres and they're only in big cities; the nearest big city to us is so crime ridden the last time we were their shopping there was an active shooter incident at the mall next to the car repair place we were at. We were trapped at the dealer for 4 hours while the cops apprehended 4 guys who shot up the mall after robbing a jewelry store.

As well, with these bad reviews and the typical SJW outrage, I'd expect protestors at the IMAX theatres. I'll just wait for it to come out on Amazon Prime Video.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Your comment makes me wonder as I was wondering yesterday. All the money spent on this movie and really WHO was the target market? No one under the age of 45 could give a care about WWII; anyone under the age of 30 doesn't even know there was a WWII or what "Dunkirk" was.

So.........was anyone UNDER the age of 55 at the theatre?

link   
a reply to: TonyS

In the meantime...rent /buy 'Hacksaw Ridge'.

link   
If SJW wrote the script.

It would focus on a gay love afair between british and black man on beach. With gay makeout scene while stukas strike the beach
Transgendered boat man struggling with his transition on his way to the beach.
Muslim somali and syrian spitfire pilots.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join