It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and mistakes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I was pondering the fact that everyone claims that God doesn't make mistakes. I've heard that so many times that it has been drilled in my head. It's why a lot of religious people think that being gay is a choice. Because God doesn't make mistakes, and in their mind being gay isn't natural.

Here's my question. If God doesn't make mistakes then why do we have hermaphrodites? Now I'm personally not calling them a mistake, but as far as the norm goes they should have been one specific gender.

So God does make mistakes. So why is it so hard to believe that being born gay is a mistake not a choice? Because it's not a physical condition?

I truly believe that gay people are born gay. You wouldn't willingly choose that harder path in life. My niece is gay and married. She's never ever felt attracted to men. Ever. That's not a choice. That is out of your control.

So, to all of you that say it's a choice because God doesn't make mistakes then I say to you......consider the hermaphrodite. Born a "mistake", not born that way by choice.

To the lbgtq community. Rock on! Be yourself. Don't try to fit into a box that you don't want to be in.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: proloz

What if we take the position in which personal egocentric suffering is of zero interest to God. What if he sees creatures like humans just like various cells of his body, and is not worried that every time he sits on his "throne in the sky" few cells positioned at his butt get squashed and ultimately die or get malformed? What if he just don't give a darn thought about it? Should we call it still mistake? Or just... nature.
edit on 22-7-2017 by Argentbenign because: mobile

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If god does exist, maybe they are a sick demented being with a really weird sense of humor.

If this reality was designed perfectly, how much entertainment would it provide? Maybe things are going along exactly as planned, full on chaos.

If everything were perfect and balanced, wouldn't it be exactly like heaven? Why even create this reality then?
edit on 22-7-2017 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Here's my question. If God doesn't make mistakes then why do we have hermaphrodites? Now I'm personally not calling them a mistake, but as far as the norm goes they should have been one specific gender.

Hmmm... On one hand, you're saying they're not mistakes. But then you're implying they're a mistake by God. So which is it?

Perhaps God has a bigger idea of what "gender" should be than the simple "male/female" designations that humans list. After all, there are many types of animals in nature that change genders during some point in their lives. There are also some that have no specific gender and simply self replicate. Then there are others whose gender is determined based on simple things like the temperatures during their incubation periods. (You can google "animals that change genders" to get an exhaustive list of examples.)

Also, I notice you seem to be basing your opinions of "mistakes" by the the views of the majority of people, saying things such as "the norm goes..." & "You wouldn't willingly choose that harder path in life". This implies that the majority of people understand what is "correct". I think that's a wrong assumption. God isn't a person so human limitations have no value to Him or His ideas. And judging by the examples in the previously mentioned google search, Nature has been switching, changing, and outright ignoring "gender" long before humans were created. And surely Nature was created long before humans, right? In other words, it's us humans who have the wrong idea of what gender and sexuality really is.

So maybe the real question should be something like:
"Why do humans think they understand sexual and reproductive biology?"
or
"Why do people think their personal views of sexuality and gender should be the norm?"
or
"Why do people care so much about the genitals and sex lives of strangers?" LOL

I think the 3rd question probably fits this topic the most. I'm not necessarily aiming that at you; just saying that people are far too nosy and controlling when it comes to the genitals and sex lives of strangers. I genuinely think most people like that are actually just pervs who want a "righteous" sounding excuse to peep into other people's sex lives and/or pants.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Here's my question. If God doesn't make mistakes then why do we have hermaphrodites?

I wonder how far back the Hermaphrodites cases go? I don't think God made human's with mistakes originally ( who the heck knows anyway ) there are so many chemicals in our water now, it's causing changes in our cells.

I have wondered about the hermaphrodite situation, they cannot control how they were born, but people can certainly control how they treat them. They didn't ask to be born that way did they?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If God is All, then God must also encompass imperfection.

It's something we humans (children, really) have a hard time wrapping our brains around. How slow we are to acknowledge that our ability to understand something is not requisite for it to be true.
edit on 7/22/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
God never makes mistakes.

Its backstabber Lucifuhrer that has a temper tantrum and pumps so many chemicals down everyones throat, that DNA is being altered as the child is in the mothers womb.

Also family spirits jump the queue where a selfish male spirit barges though the spiritual line into a female body and female spirits force their way into a womb with a male fetis.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

If the environment of a species is altered and their survival is threatened, it is not unusual for that species to develop physiological changes to adapt to those changes.

That is why I think that man's attempt to create genetically modified humans is a very dangerous venture.

It is a strong possibility that those that we think are imperfect, are actually our links to survival in an every changing environment on our fragile Earth.

That is purely my opinion. Yeah, I know the rest.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
GOD created the framework in which we all exist. That framework includes biodiversity that has helped humanity survive the extremes of nature. Sometimes the mistakes as you put it can trigger large evolutionary leaps. More often not. But without the evolutionary process we would never have evolved. So we should applaud our differences instead of judging them.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't mean that they are mistakes to me personally. I honestly love everyone. I used the word mistake though so that people who think in black and white like that might understand my point that God does not send us all to earth the way that they might think he does.

Thank you for the replies. I enjoy reading them. It's always enlightening to hear others thoughts.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

No, God does not make mistakes.

By your way of thinking people with Down's Syndrome are mistakes. Born an amputee is a mistake, born a Albino, let's see, that would make the deaf, blind and mute or a mix of all mistakes? Need I keep listing?

Now I want you to go up to the parents of any of the above children (or adults for that matter)' and tell them their babies are 'mistakes.'

God has a reason for everything He does and one of those things He allows is for satan, who is the ruled of this world at the moment, to wreck havoc. It was our choice to want free will, well, now you got it baby.

Also, please remember - God lives outside time and space.

He can see the beginning from the end and end from the beginning.

He know what choices Homosexuals will make from before they were born, but allows that choice.

There'll be no one in hell that at some point didn't make a choice on how to deal with what life dealt them.

peace

edit on 2634Saturday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

dont forget the pesticides, radiaiton,perservitives and everything else we put any our food/soaps/pretty much anything you use. yeah god did it right?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's interesting you say religion and mistakes
Then seem to infer the abrahamic God
Doesn't fit

Anyway, God created Adam and Eve to live in a perfect faultless world with no disease or sin

Unfortunately humanity disobeyed God and ended up in a completely crap world

You ask, What makes you think your assumptions are right and those,with an alternative view is wrong
What makes you think I am wrong, very subjective question

Your assumptions are failed if you are talking the abrahamic God

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

He know what choices Homosexuals will make from before they were born, but allows that choice.

peace

I hope I got the quoting right. I disagree with that statement. My niece feels absolutely zero attraction to men. She never dated them or anything. That's not really a choice. Imagine, if you will, not feeling any attraction to your opposite sex. Ever. Would you force yourself into the "norm"and be absolutely miserable your entire life?

Also my brother who was born before me died shortly after birth. He had hydrocephalus. He wasn't a mistake. I'm not saying he is a mistake. The way he was formed was obviously wrong though. I just don't understand why that is allowed to happen. You would think that God would save an innocent baby. I have a hard time thinking that Satan would have anything to do with creation of life. I always thought that we came straight from God. All babies. If some don't grow right in the womb physically then why couldn't a baby be born gay which is something you can't obviously see.

Anyone who is born different is not a mistake. What happened during their formation might have been, but not the person. If I had a 3rd leg I'd obviously think that was a mistake because we are supposed to have two, but I wouldn't think that I personally was a mistake.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
It is a strong possibility that those that we think are imperfect, are actually our links to survival in an every changing environment on our fragile Earth.

However, without any technology, can gays and lesbians naturally reproduce ?
No. So in terms of mother nature, LGBT are defects and face natural extinction. So as the chemicals create more non-heterosexuals this entire population will not last long.

The perfect ones are Christians as the Spirit of the Lord protects their DNA from harmful DNA changing chemicals.

It seems Jesus is changing His followers to new clean Born Again DNA whilst His enemies are contaminating human DNA with chem-trails and now Monsanto is going to screw the human sinners even more.

There was a funny video showing McDonalds foods rotting over time. After 6 weeks the burgers had rotted whilst the French Fries were no different. They were still yellow with not 1 spore of fungus on them.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Many can, and many do.

However, maybe their purpose has a different role to play. Adaptation is a multi-generational process.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

No. So in terms of mother nature, LGBT are defects and face natural extinction. So as the chemicals create more non-heterosexuals this entire population will not last long.

The perfect ones are Christians as the Spirit of the Lord protects their DNA from harmful DNA changing chemicals.

It seems Jesus is changing His followers to new clean Born Again DNA whilst His enemies are contaminating human DNA with chem-trails and now Monsanto is going to screw the human sinners even more.

There was a funny video showing McDonalds foods rotting over time. After 6 weeks the burgers had rotted whilst the French Fries were no different. They were still yellow with not 1 spore of fungus on them.

That's possibly the worst thing in relation to Christianity I have ever heard
Jesus said he came for the sick and oppressed because the healthy don't need Him
Great troll, it fails because it's not the clean, it's the broken who become Christian, the ones with rotten DNA, the ones who grow mould on themselves instantaneously

Sinners, those who turn to Jesus are the real sinners, the most despicable, they know how much they need Jesu
It's the goody two shoes who don't need him
Dumb post cowboy

Macdonalds food as a comparison, you are the ducks nuts
edit on 23-7-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Sinners, those who turn to Jesus are the real sinners, the most despicable, they know how much they need Jesu
Dumb post cowboy

Such insults show everyone that the Spirit of the Lord is not in your soul.

The humble and the meek shall inherit the Earth after getting new clean bodies. Up until then the Spirit of the Lord will protect their host bodies from harmful man-made viruses.

Its all in His Word.

How can stating what Jesus said with His own Words, be trolling ?

Do you work for McDonalds because the video shows that the french fries had not changed after 6 weeks. Fact. Do it yourself if you do not believe me.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

Dumb post cowboy

Such insults show everyone that the Spirit of the Lord is not in your soul.

The humble and the meek shall inherit the Earth after getting new clean bodies. Up until then the Spirit of the Lord will protect their host bodies from harmful man-made viruses.

Its all in His Word.

How can stating what Jesus said with His own Words, be trolling ?

Do you work for McDonalds because the video shows that the french fries had not changed after 6 weeks. Fact. Do it yourself if you do not believe me.

Schooled?
Yes, new bodies after the return of our King.
Insults, I kinda wonder where your allegiances lay, making out christians to be better when the bible states clearly christians are not better

Our bodies are nothing different till Christ returns, no exceptional dna, no magic incantations, no tricks.

Where did Jesus say christians are the perfect ones, that's an insult to humanity, to everyone

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Our bodies are nothing different till Christ returns, no exceptional dna, no magic incantations, no tricks.

Where did Jesus say christians are the perfect ones, that's an insult to humanity, to everyone

Yet when one believes in Jesus, that faith allows the physical body to slowly heal.

Examples are when the common cold virus hits everyone in a company of maybe a 100 people, yet the Christians only sneeze or cough once.

"Perfect" as in common sense as they understand that the 'perfect' way back into the Book of Life is through Christ's Blood Atonement on the Cross. He is the one and only way back to life [John 14:6]

Humanity that believes that they can enter Heaven via their works are still living in the Old Testament.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join