It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wants to Pardon himself and his family....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: allsee4eye

Yes assuming they do find evidence of a crime.

Comey was fired when he requested more resources to expand the investigation and we are starting to see why Trump didn't want the investigation expanded.

It's just like Clinton and her emails, it all depends upon how many friends he has.

"starting to see"? Not sure what you are starting to see... can you elaborate?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So what is the/your problem with this? You can't "pardon" yourself? The C.O.T. U.S. says,.. The "President" has the "right" to "pardon",..Period! Doesn't take an "education" to understand that kind of, a ... "law". Pretty basic "knowledge" really. One of the reasons why we "right-wing" nut-jobs, never went to war over B.O.. That POS, was never very "legal". Just enough to raise doubts! What a worthless POS!..B.O. ..He stood for nothing! Unless it turned a profit. No "real leader" gains anything from conmand. A Command, is a burden... It is a heart wrenching experience! It is very painful! It hurts!, .. and it hurts forever!

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

That must be why Trump wanted to be president: to imitate Christ.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TacSite18

He can pardon crimes. Not civil cases. And he cannot pardon himself out of impreachment by the Senate.

That's right.

Trump can pardon everyone, including himself, for convictions, but cannot pardon anyone "before" they are convicted, and the pardon powers do not apply to impeachments.

So, basically, he has to let everybody get convicted first, so that we will all know their crimes, then he can forgive them.

And if he is impeached, he leaves office in disgrace.

Moreover, if he's impeached, before he exercises his power to pardon, he can't pardon anyone at all.

edit on 22-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't know man. You can't just dismiss everything as "fake news". There is a history of Trump and his team being in contact with Russian officials.

I won't be able to convince you one way or the other, but I do say that you'd have to be a bit naive to completely dismiss those instances as harmless.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So 8 pages of "wait till you see these charges THIS time, I swear."

This is why we dont trust anyone anymore. A simple lie, an baseless accusation from a non source says something and people who are supposed to hold a higher standard start reveling in tabloid BS.

Lame.

edit on 7 22 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

A one time 15 minute history that wasnt what it was sold as and was ended as soon as that much was revealed.

We need more, shoot us.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't know man. You can't just dismiss everything as "fake news". There is a history of Trump and his team being in contact with Russian officials.

I won't be able to convince you one way or the other, but I do say that you'd have to be a bit naive to completely dismiss those instances as harmless.

There is the problem right there - you believe there is a problem in having a history of contact with Russian officials. There is no problem with that. Many in Washington have a history of contacts with Russian officials. A false narrative has been created to associate a meeting with a Russian as something sinister.

I can and do dismiss meetings as harmless until such a time that there is evidence of a crime. Innocent until proven guilty, right?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: TacSite18

He can pardon crimes. Not civil cases. And he cannot pardon himself out of impreachment by the Senate.

That's right.

Trump can pardon everyone, including himself, for convictions, but cannot pardon anyone "before" they are convicted, and the pardon powers do not apply to impeachments.

So, basically, he has to let everybody get convicted first, so that we will all know their crimes, then he can forgive them.

And if he is impeached, he leaves office in disgrace.

Moreover, if he's impeached, before he exercises his power to pardon, he can't pardon anyone at all.

Wrong. The President can pardon people before they are convicted or even under investigation. He can simply pardon an individual of all federal crimes they may have ever committed, without stating which ones, up to the date of the pardon.

You are correct, however, that he can not stop impeachment proceedings.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Wrong. The President can pardon people before they are convicted or even under investigation. He can simply pardon an individual of all federal crimes they may have ever committed, without stating which ones, up to the date of the pardon.

So, why didn't President Obama pardon Hillary?

That would have cleared her slate, and given her a "clean run" for the Presidency.

Instead, she was forced to run under a cloud of suspicion, which cost her the election in the end.

Especially, since Obama told us all she was such a great gal, and most suitable for the job, he could have easily removed the only obstacle Hillary had, with the simple stroke of the pen.

Something doesn't add up here.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

because with real evidence and impunity, people would have shot all their asses.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

A "Battle beat". It's a very simple concept.., not at all foreign, to untrained people. It is, what it is. I personally, have no problem with a Trump "pardon", for whoever he wants to give it...It's perfectly "legal". It will not keep me up at night.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: Arnie123

A "Battle beat". It's a very simple concept.., not at all foreign, to untrained people. It is, what it is. I personally, have no problem with a Trump "pardon", for whoever he wants to give it...It's perfectly "legal". It will not keep me up at night.

But...can Trump pardon Putin, for crimes against America?

Or would Trump then be accused of colluding with the enemy?

I mean, it's against US law to interfere with the national elections, so Putin broke US law, and could be extradited to America for trial, if the evidence warrants it. But, Trump can then use his presidental pardon powers to let his buddy Putin off the hook.

Are you ok with that too?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Like I stated in the other thread, if Trump & Company are guilty, then they should be punished.

Enough of this pardon crap.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The problem with that is, Trump will already be impeached by the time any "conviction" is achieved.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think we all agree. The "blind Trump support" isnt.

I would want to crucify any leader that deserves it for fraud to our people.

The thing is, no one talked about pardoning except one fake news site like WAPO.

EVERYONE else just linked to their stellar reporting on yet another unnamed source saying "things heard".

I wonder if anyone even talked to the first reporter?

He should be emailed and asked why he felt he needed to be so vague and misleading.

If he doesnt answer he must be a Ukranian plant.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Trump can pardon everyone,

True.

including himself

That has never been legally or constitutionally determined.

but cannot pardon anyone "before" they are convicted

Sure about that?

The pardoning power, as Founding Father Alexander Hamilton explained, is very broad, applying even to cases of treason against the United States. As Hamilton put it, “the benign prerogative of pardoning should be as little as possible fettered or embarrassed.”

Throughout our history, courts have taken a similarly expansive view. In 1977, Florida’s State Supreme Court said that “An executive may grant a pardon for good reasons or bad, or for any reason at all, and his act is final and irrevocable.”

In 1837, the United States Supreme Court held that the president’s pardon power “extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment.”

BI

See also: United States Supreme Court EX PARTE GARLAND, (1866) Argued: Decided: December 1, 1866

and the pardon powers do not apply to impeachments.

Appears to be true.

edit on 22-7-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Guilty of what? It's true Trump once sold a condo to a Russian citizen. That's not illegal or even unethical.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

If the media can't confirm guilt, they sure as hell can infer it.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: tadaman

If the media can't confirm guilt, they sure as hell can infer it.

Alas, many people have been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion (and by extension, the Court).
edit on 22-7-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join