It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wants to Pardon himself and his family....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That still isn't answering the question.

Is Trump talking about his complete power to pardon in this tweet, or not?

While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us.FAKE NEWS

That's what this is about. Whether or not you think it's some type of subterfuge by the same brilliant mind that said "It's freezing and snowing in New York--we need global warming!" is beside the point.

If you can't understand my previous answer I don't know how to explain it any other way.

It is a ploy to create a stir among the MSM outlets and anti Trumpers.

And its funny to me when people call Trump dumb....hopefully the reason it is funny is obvious enough that I don't need to explain that as well.

I guess looked at in a different light his pardon comment could be viewed as a threat to those he is saying committed a crime of leaking...basically that he has the power to, but will not pardon those that have and are prosecuted for such.

Maybe he's speaking directly to Comey again....

Your previous answer wasn't an answer. You just keep going on about how this is a ploy from ultra smart Trump, and I replied with a comment he made calling global warming a good thing because it's cold in new york.

Yeah he isn't that smart. It may be shocking for people to learn but becoming rich doesn't always mean the person is a member of mensa. A lot of times it's the exact opposite.

That being said, your opinion based on nothing but assumptions doesn't mean this story is "fake" in any kind of way. Just that you've convinced yourself it is.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us.FAKE NEWS

That's what this is about. Whether or not you think it's some type of subterfuge by the same brilliant mind that said "It's freezing and snowing in New York--we need global warming!" is beside the point.

If you can't understand my previous answer I don't know how to explain it any other way.

And its funny to me when people call Trump dumb....hopefully the reason it is funny is obvious enough that I don't need to explain that as well.

I guess looked at in a different light his pardon comment could be viewed as a threat to those he is saying committed a crime of leaking...basically that he has the power to, but will not pardon those that have and are prosecuted for such.

That being said, your opinion based on nothing but assumptions doesn't mean this story is "fake" in any kind of way. Just that you've convinced yourself it is.

Oh, the irony.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Your previous answer wasn't an answer. You just keep going on about how this is a ploy from ultra smart Trump, and I replied with a comment he made calling global warming a good thing because it's cold in new york.

Yeah he isn't that smart. It may be shocking for people to learn but becoming rich doesn't always mean the person is a member of mensa. A lot of times it's the exact opposite.

Cool....let me know how this story pans out for those that believe it.

And he didn't just become rich...he became POTUS.

I don't recall any POTUS that has ever stated they were in Mensa. I do recall every single one (in recent history) being rich.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Oh, the irony.

Truly ironic, though likely not in Mensa so doesn't see the irony....

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just imagine a president having the power to pardon himself.

He goes around the White House shooting people, no one could stop him….While he's gunning down the staff he cries out, I have unconditionally pardoned myself, over and over, so in theory no one could stop him. He cannot be arrested; one has to wait for the congress to impeach him and the senate to convict.

This is a major flaw in the constitution in that according to many a president cannot even be indicted

What’s stopping a president who can pardon himself from committing all kinds of crimes

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If the president does that he or she would be arrested by DC police within 5 minutes.
edit on 22-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Cool....let me know how this story pans out for those that believe it.

It doesn't matter how this non-story pans out, around here the results will be the same. For months to come they'll be derailing threads with false claims about it as such:
trump decares complete power to PARDON!!!!!

Maybe they'll even start a third or even fourth thread along these lines about this today with the headlines designed for random people to internalize it as something that actually happened like this.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

He goes around the White House shooting people, no one could stop him….While he's gunning down the staff he cries out, I have unconditionally pardoned myself, over and over, so in theory no one could stop him. He cannot be arrested; one has to wait for the congress to impeach him and the senate to convict.

This is a major flaw in the constitution in that according to many a president cannot even be indicted

What’s stopping a president who can pardon himself from committing all kinds of crimes

You act like that scenario would even be something as compared to Obama & Hillary blowing up Syria and causing the deaths of over 400,000 human beings alone (and counting tick tock tick tock).

DO IT: Tell me you're a true beLIEver of the MSM BS myth that people like Charles Manson are bigger monsters than people like Bush.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

If the president does that he or she would be arrested by DC police within 5 minutes.

Oh really. In this scenario likely the SS would stop him.

BUT...

Then how can he be punished if a president cannot be indicted or can pardon himself ?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You act like that scenario would even be something as compared to Obama & Hillary blowing up Syria and causing the deaths of over 400,000 human beings alone (and counting tick tock tick tock).

DO IT: Tell me you're a true beLIEver of the MSM BS myth that people like Charles Manson are bigger monsters than people like Bush.

But you see, you may have identified the crooked reasoning behind the presidential pardon powers…

Btw, That’s really not accurate though I strongly denounce the hypocrite Obama and evil Hillary.

They bombed Libya not Syria to excess

Trump is now bombing Syria( illegally) and Iraq killing many civilians right now

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Police can restrain without conviction.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Btw, That’s really not accurate though I strongly denounce the hypocrite Obama and evil Hillary.

They bombed Libya not Syria to excess

So the bombing in Syria was just enough, not to excess, because they most certainly did bomb Syria. The more you post the less credible you become.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

ObamaHillaryCo. bombed Libya outright, but with Syria they committed worse treasonous war crimes by paying AL QAEDA to go try to overthrow Assad for them. And AL QAEDA "failed". Thus causing a civil war. Which they then tried to spin Russia as the scapegoats of that conflict (Plan B or was it Plan A who really knows). Thus setting the stage for all this Russia hysteria BS. And here we are.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have a feeling if Trump attempts to pardon himself SCOTUS will take up the matter and rule on it.

The president being allowed to pardon themselves sounds something out of a third world dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have a feeling if Trump attempts to pardon himself SCOTUS will take up the matter and rule on it.

The president being allowed to pardon themselves sounds something out of a third world dictatorship.

It wouldn't be necessary anyway - Pence would pardon Trump if he was forced out. It would never get to impeachment if any evidence of wrong doing does surface. Trump would talk with Pence and agree to resign, with Pence pardoning him... which has precedent.

There is nothing Mueller can do and there is nothing anyone else could do.
Meanwhile Trump could pardon everyone in his entire campaign on the way out.
edit on 22/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He'd still be removed from power though.

I don't think he'd find very many friends in Washington after he resigns though.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Assuming he has committed a crime and Mueller finds that crime.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
unless trump is impeached i don't see the problem, regardless whether the president is trump, what congress is trying to do with this "special council" is usurp the checks and balances by trying to remove the president through means outside the powers granted to them by the constitution, even if he broke the law if he doesn't pardon himself it will set a dangerous precedent where congress can arbitrarily remove a president they dislike without an impeachment vote being required.

this council violates the constitution and such a thing is exactly why he can pardon himself, even if it was never stated as such it makes sense, just in the case congress stepped beyond it's boundaries.

and yes indeed i stated that the president should get away with committing a crime if it will protect the constitution in doing so, the constitution is to be preserved no matter what has to be sacrificed or who has to die, i'm quite sure most americans share my sentiment in this regard.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Yes assuming they do find evidence of a crime.

Comey was fired when he requested more resources to expand the investigation and we are starting to see why Trump didn't want the investigation expanded.

It's just like Clinton and her emails, it all depends upon how many friends he has.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: UKTruth

He'd still be removed from power though.

I don't think he'd find very many friends in Washington after he resigns though.

In that scenario, I doubt he'd be in Washington.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join