It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wants to Pardon himself and his family....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I will just leave this hear and sit back and watch

The last thread you start I will ever open ... Troll.

Why?

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us.FAKE NEWS
4:35 AM - 22 Jul 2017

Can you identify in that tweet where the President says he wants to pardon himself and his family?
It seems you don't even need a reason to apply confirmation bias - just the word pardon is enough for you.

edit on 22/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

First, someone is leaking third hand knowledge of a discussion so no one even knows if this was even discussed.

Second, the investigation is about to go beyond it's purpose of determining if there was collusion with Russia with "hacking" an election. There's no collusion so they are starting to go back decades and examine real estate dealings of him and his family. This proves that that Mueller and his team of Hillary & Obama supporting lawyers are only out to destroy the Trump family and are on a fishing expedition to find anything they can even if it's essentially nothing. He can and should pardon whomever he wants.

That's what an investigation does - investigate. They don't only turn the rocks over that you want them to. Think.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Clinton sure as hell did not over the Monica thing.

Nah...he just committed perjury...lied under oath...you know...nothing big as a sitting POTUS that was actually proven and was impeached for...but yeah...Trump seems dumb compared to that.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
People complain Trump doesn't know what he's doing. Now people complain he is asking questions relating to his job.
I don't get it.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: TacSite18

Junior admitted to taking a 15 minute meeting that was ended the second it was realised it was based off false pretenses. Absolutely no laws were broken. No evidence of any collusion. NONE. Thats not even being argued by intelligence agencies. Everyone is still LOOKING for evidence, ANY that there was collusion.

There is none since the Trumps have been transparent

If you try to drill this home it will go the way of the election.

People are not as dumb as some think.

Its funny really.

I gave you a star for effort, but intent is pretty much the same as the crime. "I went to rob the bank but the vault was empty, so I didn't commit a crime".

You can debate the issue with the special prosecutor when the report comes out and Trumps criminal gang cop a plea deal and do some time in a federal prision.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
He can pardon himself for passing gas we all do it every now and then. The other pardon a crime is necessary and none been found.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Thats the most retarded thing I have heard all day.

INTENT must be proven. I dont know what world you hail from but in mine we are civilized and smart and need more than baseless accusations.

Also, no one is guilty until proven innocent.

This is going about as well as those recounts did, or the election itself. Keep it up. Those who arent responding are seeing what is basically an argument that defines most witch hunts.

You only validate us.

Is this what we can expect from your camp? Rampant lies and BS double standards? People must be flocking to your side of the isle....lol

edit on 7 22 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: crazyewok

. He can and should pardon whomever he wants.

What the #?

No one should be above the law in a country especially one that callls itself free.

Hell even in the UK our queen would be pulled before parliment to awnser any major crime as abuse of power consistutes treason( last time we did that to monarch parliment looped his head off).

Well were are the charges then? Cant really talk much about someone thinking he is above the law without charges and then abusing position to try and manipulate prosecution. Oh wait we are not talking about Hillary.

Charges are coming.

The Watergate break in was June 1972. Nixon was not forced to resign until August of 1974. 48 of his henchmen pea-bargained to eat out there fellow crooks or went to jail.

Wait for it. By this time next year you will be singing another tune. Hell, it might come next week, the way this is going.

My camp? Which camp would that be, because it isn't the Hillary camp, or even the democrats.

I guess you mean the camp that values the constitution over a vulgar man.
edit on 22-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Thats the most retarded thing I have heard all day.

INTENT must be proven. I dont know what world you hail from but in mine we are civilized and smart and need more than baseless accusations.

Also, no one is guilty until proven innocent.

This is going about as well as those recounts did, or the election itself. Keep it up. Those who arent responding are seeing what is basically an argument that defines most witch hunts.

"prove you are innocent of everything we accuse you of" seems to be the liberal view of the world. Very strange.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

SO more "wait for it."

Yeah. Wait to claim its true then. Until then I say you guys are wasting resources and the press has become liable for their actions.

edit on 7 22 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

they feel obligated to defend him. And. They. Just. Can't

Well, they,,,,can. But only by turning their own brains to mush through complicated justificaions. It reminds me of pivitol points of cult worship. When the ingrown incongruities can lay quietly in the background and if the cult can ignore them long enough they can then turn into a full fledged religion. But if those the teachings of the cult runs into fuller scrutiny and the way forward is stymied, those incongruities come to the forefront and what is required to justify them, to attempt to mold them into a congruent whole takes mental gymnastics that thankfully most cult members are incapable of . But try they will.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TacSite18

There's no collusion so they are starting to go back decades and examine real estate dealings of him and his family.

Collusion with evidence we know about:
Don Jr.
Flynn
Mandatory
Sessions

Treason:

Trump

Unfortunately, facts do not coincide with what you think you know. There's no collusion or something would have happened already. Treason is a joke. I know you and other really do not care about collusion, treason or even Russia if the Democrats and their media don't tell you to. Otherwise, you'd be examining the Hillary campaign and Obama's Iran deal as well. This is what politics do to the American people and how these politicians get away with it.

Trump has sold out the U.S. to suppress the release of audio and video tapes of his perverted antics with Moscow hookers engaged in "water sports", and to hide his shady real estate deals with Russian criminals. Treason.

I could go on with more details.....

I'm sure you could craft many more details to round out the fan fiction Trump erotica you're all so fond of in the anti-Trump circles.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

There's no collusion so they are starting to go back decades and examine real estate dealings of him and his family.

Collusion with evidence we know about:
Don Jr.
Flynn
Mandatory
Sessions

Treason:

Trump

Unfortunately, facts do not coincide with what you think you know. There's no collusion or something would have happened already. Treason is a joke. I know you and other really do not care about collusion, treason or even Russia if the Democrats and their media don't tell you to. Otherwise, you'd be examining the Hillary campaign and Obama's Iran deal as well. This is what politics do to the American people and how these politicians get away with it.

Now there is some grade A deflection. Deny the facts, yell fake news, and finish with Hillary and Obama.

Don Jr released the proof of his collusion with Russia himself, and admitted he, Manafort and Kushner met with what turned out to be a lawyer connected to the Kremlin and a Russian spy. Flynn got recorded talking to a Russian spymaster about changing U.S. laws that prevented money laundering by Russian mob oligarchs.

Trump has sold out the U.S. to suppress the release of audio and video tapes of his perverted antics with Moscow hookers engaged in "water sports", and to hide his shady real estate deals with Russian criminals. Treason.

I could go on with more details.....

Odd how the FusionGPS co-founder that pushed the "water sports" dossier is pleading the 5th huh? Whats he got to lose? The dossier is real right...right? LOL!

Keep on with the MSM charge Tac! It's really going well for you.

Please do go on with more details....maybe some from those uber secret government connections you have...you know....official unnamed sources. Put something out here that ISN'T readily available from MSM and that we can all verify over the course of the "investigation".

Yes that is odd. Maybe he has been interviewed by the U.S. IF already, and maybe he is in a little bit in personal danger. Maybe this is something they got into that is bigger than they originally thought. Maybe they have been asked to sit tight for a while, because the leaks in Congress would place a larger investigation in danger, and that the U.S. Will have their back at the end of the day.

You seem to not know about the dossier, who originally commissioned it, who funded it at different times, how the fbi initially suppressed it after pressure from Rudy Giuliani in the NY office, how the prime Russion source was murdered, how the ex-MI6 agent has to go into hiding at the urging of his own government, and how Trump went bat-sh1t crazy when Comey first showed it to him.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

they feel obligated to defend him. And. They. Just. Can't

Well, they,,,,can. But only by turning their own brains to mush through complicated justificaions. It reminds me of pivitol points of cult worship. When the ingrown incongruities can lay quietly in the background and if the cult can ignore them long enough they can then turn into a full fledged religion. But if those the teachings of the cult runs into fuller scrutiny and the way forward is stymied, those incongruities come to the forefront and what is required to justify them, to attempt to mold them into a congruent whole takes mental gymnastics that thankfully most cult members are incapable of . But try they will.

Yes, I must say, the absence of any evidence of any wrong doing by POTUS is really quite a complicated justification.... at least for liberals to wrap their tiny minds around.

link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: crazyewok

. He can and should pardon whomever he wants.

What the #?

No one should be above the law in a country especially one that callls itself free.

Hell even in the UK our queen would be pulled before parliment to awnser any major crime as abuse of power consistutes treason( last time we did that to monarch parliment looped his head off).

Well were are the charges then? Cant really talk much about someone thinking he is above the law without charges and then abusing position to try and manipulate prosecution. Oh wait we are not talking about Hillary.

Charges are coming.

The Watergate break in was June 1972. Nixon was not forced to resign until August of 1974. 48 of his henchmen pea-bargained to eat out there fellow crooks or went to jail.

Wait for it. By this time next year you will be singing another tune. Hell, it might come next week, the way this is going.

You mean like the immunity deals, pleading the 5th and refusing to appear when subpoenaed like the Clinton teams? Similar to all of their testimony being closed door and such?

Oh...I'll wait for it....wait for all the plea deals coming from closed sessions.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Ha Ha..Love news like this..real or fake. Makes liberal butt-hurt heads explode!

The news is not fake, you can check MANY sources. The stupid comment "butthurt" is really super old and over used by trump supporters. Why would any of you think there is nothing going on, when trump is asking if he can pardon himself and family, What does that say ,how can you people think that there is nothing going on??? You don't ask if you can pardon someone unless there is SOMETHING TO BE PARDOND FROM..........DERP!!!!!!

Please link to the many sources, or at least a few. I'd like to see how many just reference each other or have copy/pasted it from the original.

I'd bet every one of them has no named sources or anything other than what the OP link has....probably even references a "second person" as well...LOL

So you truly think Trump asked if he could pardon himself? That's some gullibility right there.

Okay, I am posting this just for you.......I am not gullible at all......you might want to check yourself though. Also it right there in the OP.........

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

www.nydailynews.com...

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...

There you go, if you want more look it up, its called google........

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Who remembers the movie and the phrase "Catch 22" ?

The pardon is a double edge sword and granting one assumes a federal crime was committed. Acceptance of that pardon requires an admission of guilt. It would imply we have an admitted criminal in the Oval office, another as an aid and Dr. Jr. as a criminal and all would have been co-conspirators in the initial crime as well a the attempted cover up.

While a pardon would preclude prosecution it comes with a penalty in that not facing prosecution you waive your fifth amendment right to refuse to testify against yourself. Since you cannot refuse you may lead investigators to more co-conspirators. You may lead to state charges for which your testimony could be used.

Imagine the effect on the Trump business empire. Trump may have doomed his entire empire in seeking to be President

Just the very act of issuing a pardon should trigger an impeachment trial. The GOP is almost as scared as is Trump right now because they are firmly attached to his butt and if he goes down, they go with him.

They would find themselves in a position of allowing an admitted criminal, perhaps a Russian asset and traitor to remain in the White House or grow a pair and impeach him.

On some level I really prefer Trumps incompetence and ignorance to having either Mike Pence or (heaven forbid) Paul Ryan move into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave where they would do irreparable harm to the future of the nation.

joethevoter.org...

edit on 22-7-2017 by JoeTheVoter because: forgot something

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

LOL

according to one of those people

A second person said

But one adviser said

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trump’s lawyers have been discussing the president’s pardoning powers among themselves.

Trump’s legal team declined to comment on the issue. But one adviser said the president has simply expressed a curiosity in understanding the reach of his pardoning authority, as well as the limits of Mueller’s investigation.

The Independent

I will just leave this hear and sit back and watch all of Trumps supporters call it fake news and talk about Hillary.

Well...it is fake news, starting with the title of your thread. Asking about something does not translate to wanting to do that something. Anyone who tries to purport that the two are synonymous is not only apparently woefully lacking in the reading comprehension department, they are also spreading around false information. That's fake news right there, plain as day. Don't have to be a Trump supporter to see that just your title alone is a bald faced lie...why would the rest of your OP be any better?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Clinton sure as hell did not over the Monica thing.

Nah...he just committed perjury...lied under oath...you know...nothing big as a sitting POTUS that was actually proven and was impeached for...but yeah...Trump seems dumb compared to that.

You don't think trump would lie under oath , wow okay, he only lied for 4 months about Russia, no big deal right????? Also wasn't Clinton IMPEACHED???? So what is your point, he did not try and pardon himself...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join