It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wants to Pardon himself and his family....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trump’s lawyers have been discussing the president’s pardoning powers among themselves.

Trump’s legal team declined to comment on the issue. But one adviser said the president has simply expressed a curiosity in understanding the reach of his pardoning authority, as well as the limits of Mueller’s investigation.

The Independent

I will just leave this hear and sit back and watch all of Trumps supporters call it fake news and talk about Hillary.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trump’s lawyers have been discussing the president’s pardoning powers among themselves.

Trump’s legal team declined to comment on the issue. But one adviser said the president has simply expressed a curiosity in understanding the reach of his pardoning authority, as well as the limits of Mueller’s investigation.

The Independent

I will just leave this hear and sit back and watch all of Trumps supporters call it fake news and talk about Hillary.

He can pardon crimes. Not civil cases. And he cannot pardon himself out of impreachment by the Senate.

Too bad on the last point for Trump because all that leaves him is an ignoble resignation, with the hopes that Pence will respect their back-up hand-shake deal to pardon him after he flees the WH in shame.
edit on 22-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

+62 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I will just leave this hear and sit back and watch

The last thread you start I will ever open ... Troll.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

does that even make sense??

meh its not loss to me, don't even know who are.
edit on 22-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I guess that makes sense of this cryptic tweet from earlier.

While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us.FAKE NEWS
twitter.com...

Had me puzzled , I thought he'd just gone off on one.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Why?

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us.FAKE NEWS
4:35 AM - 22 Jul 2017

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Deflection, right on cue.

This is kind of a left-handed compliment to the OP - nothing of substance to add, no logical rebuttal, no arguement, so - To the Deflectionator!

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

Surly just him probing this suggest some level of guilt?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It is one thing to believe all the lies that are tossed at us daily. But what I think is worse is to disbelieve that which is true if we believe that every thing is a lie. This whole summing up of mainstream media or for that matter anything that points out the problems with Trump as fake news is just as serious a problem as the lies. The easy way to look at anything is to discount that which one disagrees with as phony or fake.

Granted, many Americans are coming to understand that the news, the news that American's have trusted for so long is really riddled with falsehoods and biases. And we all need to know that. But to discount it all is to just toss the baby with the bath water. People need to develop their own ability to discern what is true and what is not rather than rely upon someone who wants our money or our vote, or our ''loyalty''.

link   

First, someone is leaking third hand knowledge of a discussion so no one even knows if this was even discussed.

Second, the investigation is about to go beyond it's purpose of determining if there was collusion with Russia with "hacking" an election. There's no collusion so they are starting to go back decades and examine real estate dealings of him and his family. This proves that that Mueller and his team of Hillary & Obama supporting lawyers are only out to destroy the Trump family and are on a fishing expedition to find anything they can even if it's essentially nothing. He can and should pardon whomever he wants.

+4 more 
link   

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

He can and should pardon whomever he wants.

Even himself?

That would not be a abuse of power?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Surly just him probing this suggest some level of guilt?

Hillary is most likely guilty of something - I didn't vote for that horrible woman. What the alt-right can't get over is That she lost!!!

They are heart-broken, because now that Trump won, they feel obligated to defend him. And. They. Just. Can't

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Actually thats a interesting point.

If Trump had lost they could have spend 4 years bashing Hillary and talking about how much better Trump would have been.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

a reply to: mkultra11

He can and should pardon whomever he wants.

Even himself?

That would not be a abuse of power?

He can't pardon himself. That's why you should take the story with a grain of salt. There's no direct quotes and no comment from the people involved. That's how I treat news from anonymous sources.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Even the source in the article said it was mentioned, not seriously discussed.

Who wouldn't mention it in his situation.

But the headline "Trump WANTS to Pardon" is a complete lie.

Move this thread to the HOAX bin or change the title.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

There's no collusion so they are starting to go back decades and examine real estate dealings of him and his family.

Collusion with evidence we know about:
Don Jr.
Flynn
Manafort
Sessions

Treason:

Trump

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

No one believes that! You enjoy the mudpit as much as I do.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It isn't fake news, like it said, he expressed curiosity. I too would like to know.

Again, your titled OP is false and misleading

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join