It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old man in a dream told me my reality is fake and something unbelievable happened that night!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Interesting, to be sure! If the dream world is the real one, some people are going to be very upset when they awaken, because it's quite surreal, in my dreams!!

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Dreams are our gate. When one of my best friends killed himself I was sleeping dreaming about me hanging dead on the hook. Next day I foung out he's dead, hanged himself in the same time as I was sleeping. He was trying to comunicate with me during that I am sure of that. Energy is real, just believe in it.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Zhuang Zhou

Once upon a time, I, Chuang Chou, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Chou. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man. Between a man and a butterfly there is necessarily a distinction. The transition is called the transformation of material things.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Dreams are interesting. They happen very quickly because they are only a few real thoughts.

Like the outline of a story, but the chapters are never written. The experiences exist as vague memories, but upon closer scrutiny, there is no substance.

For comparison, think of doing a task. It might take a minute to think it through. If that was a dream, there would only be three quick thoughts. The beginning, ending and a vague mental image that encompasses everything in between. But the only specifics are what can be encoded on those three mental images.

A longer dream might be 20 or 30 images, more or less.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet
Dreams are interesting. They happen very quickly because they are only a few real thoughts.

Like the outline of a story, but the chapters are never written. The experiences exist as vague memories, but upon closer scrutiny, there is no substance.

For comparison, think of doing a task. It might take a minute to think it through. If that was a dream, there would only be three quick thoughts. The beginning, ending and a vague mental image that encompasses everything in between. But the only specifics are what can be encoded on those three mental images.

A longer dream might be 20 or 30 images, more or less.

I don't think it's that simple.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
I don't think you kept waking up and walking around checking everything was real. You were still in the dream. It was part of the storyline in it .
As real as it all seemed. That's the part where your "proof" was not proof!

I've had dreams like that where I'm convinced I kept getting up.
Sounds like a very intense vivid dream. They have a habit of being more easily remembered and seemingly more meaningful.

I would know if I simply woke up to another dream. Everytime that happened to me, I experience mild degree of paralysis and "sensory numbness". Nothing is quite clear and I feel like I'm wearing thick gloves on my hands even if there's none.

I was checking the time in my wall clock in my room everytime I woke that night. Time proceeded normally until eventually I got out of bed in the morning.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

I don't think you kept waking up and walking around checking everything was real. You were still in the dream. It was part of the storyline in it .

Sounds like a very intense vivid dream. They have a habit of being more easily remembered and seemingly more meaningful.

I would know if I simply woke up to another dream. Everytime that happened to me, I experience mild degree of paralysis and "sensory numbness". Nothing is quite clear and I feel like I'm wearing thick gloves on my hands even if there's none.

I was checking the time in my wall clock in my room everytime I woke that night. Time proceeded normally until eventually I got out of bed in the morning.

Ok if you know this to be true then you just do.
I've had exactly the same feeling, very convinced I had gotten up, just later in the day though I realized I must have just been in the same dream. I have very vivid dreams myself.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Sounds like the perfect script for a movie. Oh wait...

Good evening, Mr. Anderson.
edit on 23-7-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Ok if you know this to be true then you just do.
I've had exactly the same feeling, very convinced I had gotten up, just later in the day though I realized I must have just been in the same dream. I have very vivid dreams myself.

The 2nd time I went back I already know I was dreaming. It kinda became lucid at that point.

However, everytime I tried to do anything big or crazy, I'd wake up. For example, I couldn't get out of the subway.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Interesting, to be sure! If the dream world is the real one, some people are going to be very upset when they awaken, because it's quite surreal, in my dreams!!

I thought my "real life" is surreal. I got a life filled with lots of paranormal!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Very interesting. This makes me think of some of the very strange abilities some insects and arachnids have. The only specific example I can think of right now, is this species of spider. We have all heard of the various female varieties of spider who will eat, kill, or maybe only eat the head, of the male copulates with her.

Well, at least one species of spider has males equipped with a spray, pheromones im guessing, that will drastically increase his chances to survive by "mellowing her out", and putting her in a slightly less homicidal mood.

There are surely much better examples out there...
Anyway...

Well...imagine an advanced, evolved race of insectoid beings. I wonder what kinds of complex abilities they might have.

Do reptiles have any similar pheromone abilities to trick prey or potential mates, or predators or anyone? I only ask, because for some reason I almost said reptile instead of insect...

I seem to have a vaguest of recollections of a thread...
I think it was by ATS MEMBER - GENERAL EYES (poss. alt. spell. EYEZ)
who happens to be a female cartoon artist. (I remember she drew super amazeballs illustrations to go with her story about what had happened to her (a dream or an actual memory, i cant recall).

For some reason I seem to remember there being some mention of venom maybe, or pheromones. And she drew at least one of her Greys with a "segmented" neck, like how the belly of a snake looks.

I remember this because it was the first time a certain "puzzle piece", fell into place for me. I had heard people talking about the "reptilian" Greys before. But I never really understood, because I didn't and still don't really see too many similarities between greys and reptiles.

I'm not saying I now "know everything" about it, no... only that, after reading that thread, now I can kinda understand what people are talking about.

So, maybe I'm really slaving away in a coal mine, or im in a harem of male and female humans who's sole existence is to satisfy some insect or reptoid or perhaps one of their human underlings, or i could just be sitting in a vat, my body harvested for "DNA", blood, or who knows what? Or my very soul, or maybe my emotions, or some other resource, is being harvested...

...but thanks to their pheromones being sprayed, I am hallucinating this other dimension they so graciously provided. Thanks Overlords!!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Well, if the dream world is actually the real one, I want zero parts of it. I have seen some things in dreams that I never want to see again.

"The radio is blastin'
Someone's knocking at the door
I'm lookin' at my girlfriend
She's passed out on the floor
I seen so many things
I ain't never seen before
Don't know what it is
I don't wanna see no more"

Momma told me (not to come)
Three Dog Night

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Dreams are our gate. When one of my best friends killed himself I was sleeping dreaming about me hanging dead on the hook. Next day I foung out he's dead, hanged himself in the same time as I was sleeping. He was trying to comunicate with me during that I am sure of that. Energy is real, just believe in it.

Oh, how terrible, to dream that just then!!

I can believe it. My paternal grandmother died when I was in the first grade. Before that, I'd send the night some weekends, with the grandparents. One night, while there, I dreamed of a grey hooded figure, pushing us apart, and woke screaming. i can't say how long before she died that was, but couldn't have been that long.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I thought my "real life" is surreal. I got a life filled with lots of paranormal!

I hear that!! Dreams of mine, though, even the buildings aren't "normal". Always something very different!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

thats a classic shamanic journey , being trapped in a maze , but the thing is the maze is your own mind

and you should seek the centre of the maze to find yourself then go back out the way you came in

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Amazing dream, good read. I had my first completely lucid dream while stationed on the USS KittyHawk, woke up with such astonishment I banged my head on the bunk above me. Its mind blowing realizing its possible to be conscious in the dream world I can understand how you must feel.
Its a skill you can get better at too, not giving in to astonishment is key.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You know, I almost made a thread about this. Not about the OP but about what im about to write which maybe has some connection with the OP and his/her message.

First, understand when I am not being a sarvsstic arise in a political thread or try,g to wrap my head around science but am being this me, serious and sharing information which I cannot make heads or tails of, my everyday normal language I purposely leave out exaggeration, hyperbole, any language which otherwise id use to make something more sensational, colorful, or entertaining.

My story- So the last maybe...year and a half,l I have been experiencing dreams a type of which I don't know of other people have the same type or if im the only one. However it is a type of dream I had only had maybe fifteen to twenty times in my whole life yo until about sixteen months ago when I began waking up from them probably about 3 or 4 nights out of 7. And now...I have been sleeping sitting up which may have caused the change but im pretty certain the few times I slept horizontally in a bed in total comfort, it only augmented this type of dream.

So where we have all dreamt of our house in our dream that we know like the back of our hand as far as the layout but then wake up and say, "weird that I knew that house, it is nothing like my real house." well these dreAms I am hAving all the time now are so damn draining and almost traumatic because they are so long and detailed im a setting that is not just strange but often one that could not exist in this universe or under these laws of physics (for example, last night we lived in a flowing river and swam or hopped from building to building like flogger). But tha strange part is where I don't have anyone really in the real world who truly cares about me, the characters in my dreams lately are people I love so unconditionally, are people with whom I can picture decades,of history we have together by simply looking at their faces, and they are people who care for me and who I care for more than anyone here in reality. And that is the odd part, they are just characters. I have never seen them, their faces arent familiar at all. All that IS familiar is the shock I feel and pleading I engage in upon waking up and talking a minute to let it sink in that no, this is you and your reality. And silly as it may be I wake up in tears and going through a deep grieving for about ten seconds which is usually the time it takes to (thank god) realize they arent real and then I feel no more longing or depression or anything. After a few secs I ask totally indifferent to them, although I must say the thing I cannot shake is how I wish that were the real world since in comparison by this is such a disconnected and lonely one.

Anyone else experience deep meaningful relationships in dreams they wake up and realize are totally imagined??

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hmm that's one interesting dream. I almost never have a dream, wake up and then have the same dream. Maybe it happens a few times in my life, but it's not the norm.

For this all to be a hallucination, it implies our mind has a strong influence. So what we see around us isn't exactly independent, as we're often to think--and even as I write it I think it.

"Do not try and bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no spoon."

I'm joking mostly. I don't really believe any of this. But the mind can play tricks and sometimes we can learn things from it. Sometimes we know things we don't know we know, like ti's someone else.

I don't beleive in the supernatural or afterlife. But it makes sense to me the mind would want to tune in to whatever is available for survival. We're evidently restricted by genetics. We can see light, feel textures and temperature, hear sounds, smell molecules entering our nose and taste the materials on our tongue. What else is there passes through our body or mind? Science hasn't shown we can tune into anything else yet that I'm aware of. Is there a natural internet somehow still hidden away outside hte careful gaze of the scientists? Something below conscious awarenes maybe?
edit on 7/25/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Trouble I have wiht you reasoning is it's only valid when you're experiencing it. After you wake up in the morning you realize those periods where you thought you'd woken up were part of the dream. For the OP to still think s/he was awake even after waking up for real is something I'm not familiar with. And I've recalled reams fairly well and had lucid ones.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Sounds like the perfect script for a movie. Oh wait...

Good evening, Mr. Anderson.

<< 1    3 >>

join