It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Hate Trump

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Good points, solidly made.

I find myself in particular agreement with your statements on the frustrations relating to the fact that people who oppose Trump as a person and a President, are often conflated, incorrectly, with supporters of Hillary or the DNC more broadly. The concept is flawed of course, because many of us despise both Hillary and Trump, and believe for good reason that there was nothing to pick between them, and that the people of the United States should have preferred taking to the streets, unseating their government by force, and refusing to allow either candidate to take the oval office, over permitting their odious presences, either one, in such a hallowed hall of power.

a reply to: Gothmog

The OP does not need to reread your first post in this thread. He is correct that you involved Hillary, rather than making any proper analysis of the OP, or engaging even slightly with the material involved with it.

Basically, deflection is deflection, no matter which specific linguistic device you employ to perform it, and it is absolutely right that you get called out for it, when you do it.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

There is a key difference here... my opinion or your opinion is all well and good, but I'm not the one hating based on a collection of false, inaccurate or one sided news stories.

I have provided sources to back up almost every opinion in the OP.

Now if you want to feel fee to show me the other side of it, but I get a little fed up and insulted by this "you have been duped by the media" nonsense, I thoroughly research. my threads, they are well sourced. If you have sources that say different then please by all means show them to me.

Its not for me to argue your side, its a bit rich saying that I am only arguing one side form a guy who argues in defence of Trump in every thread with out any consideration for what the other side might be.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Xtrozero
We are at 21 pages of a Brit that hates Trump.... really?

No we are 21 pages of deflections, insults and trolling.

Why does it matter if I am British?

It doesn't, address the points made in the OP not me as a person, you might actually get somewhere.

You started a thread extolling your Hatred as if it were a virtue and justified.

Now you complain that your negative hate speech wasn't recieved warmly with hugs and applause?

Hate won't bring you love.

My suggestion is to stop fixating and obsessing on the whole ordeal. You're feeding the monster you hate and as it grows stronger you become it. The monster is inside you, not outside you.

The monster is Hate itself.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Now you complain that your negative hate speech wasn't recieved warmly with hugs and applause?

No what is annoying me is that most members, yourself it would seem included, don't seem to want to discuss the points raised in the OP.

I also keep getting trolled over the use of the verb "hate", why are you obsessing over the use of the verb and not the content of the OP, I use other words too in the OP, like dislike and oppose.

Going after me for the use of the verb "hate" and not the content of the OP is deflection

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The title of your thread is Hate.
It's not deflection.

None of your points justify hate.
Otherwise you agree that anyone can validly justify hate by merely citing a few points.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

There is a key difference here... my opinion or your opinion is all well and good, but I'm not the one hating based on a collection of false, inaccurate or one sided news stories.

I have provided sources to back up almost every opinion in the OP.

Now if you want to feel fee to show me the other side of it, but I get a little fed up and insulted by this "you have been duped by the media" nonsense, I thoroughly research. my threads, they are well sourced. If you have sources that say different then please by all means show them to me.

Its not for me to argue your side, its a bit rich saying that I am only arguing one side form a guy who argues in defence of Trump in every thread with out any consideration for what the other side might be.

No, you provided one sided MSM pieces, some of them even completely false, others just other peoples opinions.
You've done nothing to determine whether your hate is really justified, rather want others to tell you why you shouldn't hate. Not playing that game - your hate is yours to deal with. There is no responsibility on anyone to convince you not to hate.

What is clear is that you have not taken the time to fully understand the issues. If you are not prepared to do that on your own, no one is going to help you. Take responsibility for your own emotional responses to what you see on TV.
edit on 24/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Otherwise you agree that anyone can validly justify hate by merely citing a few points.

Yes I do think you can be Justified in hating someone over a few points.

How many Americans hated obama over gun control and healthcare

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Please stop calling me emotional.

I don't know where you are getting this from or why you think it matters

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

So if someone else hates than it's ok for you to hate?

You gotta learn how to control yourself. This is about a lack of self respect and dignity.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Please stop calling me emotional.

I don't know where you are getting this from or why you think it matters

You wrote a thread about hating someone. Of course you are emotional! /facepalm.

The emotion you are experiencing matters greatly when assessing your judgement and your willingness to accept half truths, innuendo, lies and propaganda.
edit on 24/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Why does it matter if I am British?

It doesn't, address the points made in the OP not me as a person, you might actually get somewhere.

OK I'll play...

This documentary explains what it was that Trump done to these poor people, what he done was cruel. He done this to my countrymen, he destroyed a beautiful landscape that was a designated as a area of special scientific interest. More details can be found in this article on the Guardian, the whole thing stank of corruption.

This above is the only thing I can find in your post that might make any sense to why you hate Trump. I'm not going to debate this, but I'm sure you have a long list of people you hate over this since it took a lot more than just Trump to make anything like this to happen, including your Government approval.

Then there was also the whole “Birther” movement

As I said before our great Hillary started the birther movement, and Trump just jumped on board banking on a shred of credibility she might have had to start it in the first place. Once it looked like there was nothing there or impossible to prove he stated that he believes Obama is eligible based on the evidence provided. Why you for some reason think this is a key point in your hate for the man I have no clue.

To me this stank of covert racism. Now yes, I know some will disagree with me on this, however if Obama was white and his middle name was Fred and not Hussein then this would never have been a issue. I think this feeds into a pattern of racist behaviour from Trump. I have written about this before and there is also this list of racist behaviour or at the very least xenophobic behaviour.

So lets say white like McCain who was born in Panama to two Americans and his eligibility went in front of congress too, so once again you are creating a straw man argument in your whole "it was done only because he is black" point.

II also find it very disturbing that throughout all of this he was challenging the character and integrity of then President in demanding this proof of his American birth, yet he refused to release his tax returns something which goes against the norm. Obama produced his Birth Certificate, why can Trump not produce his tax returns, which is something he promised he would do

Why is it disturbing? His father was a Kenyan senior governmental official? He also has this on official record...

Barack Obama attended this Catholic school in Jakarta, Indonesia before transferring to Besuki Public School. He was registered at Fransiskus Assisi under the name Barry Soetoro by his step-father, Lolo Soetoro. The document lists Barry Soetoro as an Indonesian citizen, born on Aug. 4, 1961 in Honolulu, and shows his Muslim step-father listed Barack Obama's religion as Islam.

So you see nothing here to look into? He also waited 3 years to show his birth cert which just fueled the fire of the birthers. It's done and over with and we all have moved on no matter what was the real story...maybe you should too.

My personal view is he was born in Hawaii, but due to his unique situation was able to gain a scholarship meant for foreign students. The school sealed his records since they have had very positive gains with the 44th President attending there even if he did use a scholarship he was not truly eligible for.

Then I also take issue with his remarks regarding women, I am sure we all remember this form the campaign trail….

Kind of like a President screwing interns with his cigar, or maybe not..lol Really weak point my friend... Not even one to get into a small debate over.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I do find it amusing that nearly all of my brit friends are more concerned about Trumps tweeting habits than what is happening in with their own govt.

I am not thrilled with Trump, but I have no doubt he was a much better option than hillary, If for no other reason than if he gets crazy congress will block everything he wants to do. With Hilldog in office she had the pull to make things happen in congress, and her crazy would not have been stopped.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

'Paraphrase' is the key

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Trump devalues traditional American beliefs. He does not represent that which I and the world love about America. His view of America is foreign. He does not love this country. His financial situation has robbed him of his need for loyalty to America. Trump is rich enough to live like a king anywhere in the world. And, since Trump never actually belonged to normal American society, (billionaires don't hang out with regular people), he has no fear of losing a connection with Americans that he never had. Trump is entirely inappropriate, unprepared and indifferent. His only motivation is his ego, and his determination to erase all that Obama did, no matter who it hurts.

Trump is Trash

Worst. 'president'. EVER !

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Trump is far form perfect, but after 8 years of Obama's extreme incompetence and narcissism and the media's adoration of all things Obama, Trump looks pretty damn good. Could not imagine another minute of this liberal extremism under Hillary. Yup, compared to the creepy lefties, Trump is still looking good....it's the media that looks real bad.

Like many, I voted against the leftist agenda, and against despicable fake news media like CNN.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Hey, just thought I'd swing by and let you know I watched that documentary just like I said I would.

I dunno, on the one hand I can understand the plight of some of the people, but I think it paints the local Aberdeenshire council and Alex Salmond in a less favourable light than it does Trump himself.

But there were some positive aspects, some people spoke about the amount of investment and the jobs it'd create. I dunno...most countries have areas that used to be farmland, etc, but are now built-up and thriving areas. There was probably a lot of pushback when they were being developed...

So part of me feels for them's what are attached to the lands they love and have lived on for many years...but also I can see that it's progress in some regards.

I mean there's plenty of green and wooded areas, it's not like it's the last patch of farmland in Scotland.

But in the end I don't really feel any different, it was intersting, though. Nice to see the local cops being on camera what I've always see them be off-camera...bullies and aggressors.

Cheers.
edit on 24/7/2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I truly dislike the man - and like you, my awareness began some time back with reports of how he was treating people... in this case the contractors and workers who sued him for not paying for services rendered. His tactics there (stall, counter-sue, etc) showed that he wasn't interested in small businesses except as a source of someone he could intimidate. And he'd rent his name to anyone (as this 2011 article shows) - so he obviously cared about income more than he cared about investigating what he was lending his name to.

He even rented out space to Muammar Gaddafi. Because poor Muammar wanted to put up his tent rather than stay in a hotel.

And then there was the whole Trump University scam which has been cooking for a long time.

(etc)

His track record as a landlord was abysmal. He's heavily in debt to German banks.

This told me that he was:
* bad at picking people to run things (not a good quality for a president)
* easily swayed by money and fame
* terrible at money management (not a good quality for someone running a country)

During the campaign, he backtracked on a number of things, switched position many times, and even said that one of his promises ("Lock her up") was just something he said and he didn't really mean it. And of course his whole dismissal of the intelligence reports given to the candidates and his treatment of the military didn't sit well with me.

And then there's the "off the leash speeches" he gives. I don't know if you read the transcripts -- when he looks at you and he's using his Sincere Voice you probably let it slide over your head. But when you read the transcripts, it shows a disorganized and disjointed and incoherent style of speaking... and that he liked to label his enemies and spend a lot of time talking about how great he was and how horrible other people were. He has no idea of real life -- he thought the Purple Heart was some sort of award for good deeds.

And then there were his remarks about women.

And then there were the Tweetstorms

This told me that he was:
* inconsistent (not a good quality for a leader)
* quick to lunge in the name of revenge (really bad idea for someone with the nuke codes)
* careless
* unaware of what life is like for ordinary people
* not paying attention to what he's told (this is a dangerously bad quality)
* doesn't read strategic reports (or if he does,he can't remember them)
* had no idea that the presidency is not the same as being a CEO.
* doesn't actually know what the job entails
* only values attractive and compliant women

Oh yes... and the multimillion dollar payment made by his campaign committee for web services. I've done web services. He used a small web company (with ties to himself) and frankly, the amount he paid could have hired a large staff along with bigger servers than ATS had for a period of 10 years. That was highly suspicious.

And then as president he
* constantly tries to engage in TweetFights with everyone
* avoids the press and sneers at them instead of playing them masterfully
* contradicts his own people
* takes credit for things he actually didn't do (we didn't gain and won't add 45,000 mining jobs)
* spends about 1/5th of the time golfing
* has not been able to get any bipartisan efforts going and because he does things by fiat instead of by committee, Republicans aren't really behind him in a lot of things.

I think his actions have shown he's not for "the little guy" -- UNLESS it gets him press attention and glory. He's visited his golf courses more than he's visited wounded veterans.

I think he spends all his time with foreign leaders talking about himself.

I doubt his intellectual and deal-making abilities. He hasn't really shown himself adept at any deals.

So, yes. I dislike him intensely and think he's a real disaster.

And I was aware of his treatment of the people in Aberdeen (even though I'm in Texas) because my great-great-great grandparents were from Aberdeenshire and this all happened about the time I was researching the area, trying to sort out which Grant was which and where they lived in the area.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Slow clap. Well done.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Satire:

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join