It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Hate Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Why I Hate Trump.

I feel like for the sake of clarity this is a thread that has to be written, it has to be written because many on the right recently have been very quick to write about “Why the Left Hate Trump” were all kinds of wrong assumptions have been made. Now I cannot speak for everyone one the left, I can also say with reasonable confidence that its not just those of us on the left who hate Trump but there are also plenty on the political right who hate Trump. I am sure that some of my reasons however will resonate with others who dislike Trump.

In writing this I do not expect to change anyones, mind, I do not expect Trump supporters to read that and start hating on the guy. I am writing this because I think that if those who can find no flaw in Trump can have a little bit more incite into why people hate Trump it might lead to a little more understanding. Throughout this thread I will use links where appropriate, however to get massively in-depth on anyone issue would make this thread longer than it already is.

I would also remind readers to try to look at the bigger picture hear, this is not about one issue, its about a multitude of issues that collectively have fed my dislike of this man. So with that said I think a good place to start this thread might be on clearing up some of the myths around why many of us dislike Trump.

The Myths of Why we Hate Trump.

I think before we get into the meet and bones of this thread its wort take a moment to explain some of the fake reasons for hating trump that have been reported by those on the right. There has been a rather frustrating tendency for those on the right to explain to those of us on the left why we hate Trump, as if we don't know ourselves. Often these reasons that are cited by the right are wrong, they often imply that we hate Trump for quite personal reasons or because of flaws we see in ourselves.

For example it has been suggested that we hate Trump because of jealousy, because he has a young wife, is a successful businessman, he can connect with people in a way that we cannot. I cannot speak for everyone but no the reasons for hatting Trump are not jealousy.

Another reason that is often cited is that those of us who hate Trump do so because we are angry that our side lost. This line of thinking has a number of problems, principally it assumes that those who are against Trump are then also pro-Clinton or DNC which is often not true. Its also flawed because most of us hated him before he became POTUS, in fact before he ever was in the running for POTUS I strongly disliked the man.

I have even seen it being suggested that we hate Trump simply because we are ignorant or stupid….

It can get very frustrating because many of the reasons cited by the right for us hating the Donald are wrong, they are ignoring the very real reasons that we hate him so much and I feel this impedes the debate. After all how can we debate this issue when one side does not really fully understand the issues the other side has with Trump.

Why I have always hated Trump.

So now that I have cleared up the fictitious rights narrative of why I and others like me hate Trump now is probably a good time to start explaining the real reasons why I hate the man so much.

As I have said above I hated him long before he was ever in the running for President actually it was probably almost 10 years ago. I think it would have been in either 2007 or 2008 when I started to hear about what Trump was up to in Scotland, on the Balmedie estate outside of Aberdeen. At the time these were just rebelling in the middle pages of the Sunday Newspapers however in 2011 the lid was blown on what Trump was up to.

This documentary explains what it was that Trump done to these poor people, what he done was cruel. He done this to my countrymen, he destroyed a beautiful landscape that was a designated as a area of special scientific interest. More details can be found in this article on the Guardian, the whole thing stank of corruption.

Then there was also the whole “Birther” movement

To me this stank of covert racism. Now yes, I know some will disagree with me on this, however if Obama was white and his middle name was Fred and not Hussein then this would never have been a issue. I think this feeds into a pattern of racist behaviour from Trump. I have written about this before and there is also this list of racist behaviour or at the very least xenophobic behaviour.

II also find it very disturbing that throughout all of this he was challenging the character and integrity of then President in demanding this proof of his American birth, yet he refused to release his tax returns something which goes against the norm. Obama produced his Birth Certificate, why can Trump not produce his tax returns, which is something he promised he would do

Then I also take issue with his remarks regarding women, I am sure we all remember this form the campaign trail….

Again this to me falls into a pattern of behaviour that to me says Trump is sexist I don't want to get to far into it again as its something I have already written about however it is one of the many reasons that I dislike Trump so much.

I think the point I would like to convey just now that these are all issues that have been known long before he ever run for President, in fact I would also cite the 1991 documentary “Trump Whats the Deal” as essential watching for anyone wanting to understand why people don't like Trump.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
His time as President.

I will be the first to acknowledge that what is written above says more about Trump then man than it does about Trump the President. Yet for me, again this is my personal view, what character of the president is very important. However despite saying that I also strongly disagree with several of his acts as president.

So for example, I strongly disagreed with his ban on refugees and his travel ban, I do not believe that it will reduce the risk of terrorism or radicalisation. Again I know that some would disagree with me on this however in my view this is wrong. The same for his big glass wall, something that I think is more of a silly fantasy at this point rather than a serious political policy.

The way he conducts himself diplomatically I also find very disturbing. For example I found his pulling out of the Paris accords troubling, not in so much as its environmental impact (although his climate change denial is worrying) but rather because of the single is sends to the world that America will not stand by its pre-existing international agreements. His comments about China and the south asian sea, again also quite worrying so are his comments about NATO.

Even just something as simple as this:

Shows to me a lack of diplomatic sensitivity.

Now this is not even starting to touch on the whole Russia issue, which I am not even going to get into other than to highlight it as another reason why I have such a strong problem with Trump.

His first six months have been plagued with scandal, Flynn, Russia, resignations and firings, his shocking handling of his first travel ban and his awful attempts at replacing Obamacare….. these are all reasons why I dislike him so much.

Final Thoughts

Like I said right at the start of this thread, these are the real reasons why I hate Trump, I feel that they need to be looked at as a collective and not just as individual issues. On its own, Trump making a couple of sexist comments is excusable for instance, but I think it is important to look at these issues as a collective. There are more reasons to hate on Trump, but I think its also worth mentioning that there are some things he has said and done I agree with. However on balance I cannot support a man with this kind of track history.

So these are the reasons I hate Trump, it has nothing to do with many of the reasons that the right often cite, I just wanted to clear that up.

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Most people who voted for Trump do not necessarily like everything about him either. I and many other voted for Trump because, Hillary is so much worst.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
"What difference , at this point , does it make to you? And why the hell should I care ? "
Paraphrase of Hillary's response to Congress

edit on 7/22/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I write a thread about Trump

First two comments are about Hilary.

Kind of to be expected now on ATS.

+30 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Let go of your hate. It is clearly eating you up.
As for your reasons, that's your choice, but I notice that they are all just rehashes of MSM stories.
It's a mistake to hate someone you don't know based on what you've seen on TV.
Disagree with / oppose? sure... hate? says more about you than Trump.

You also suggest that 'people' hate Trump, which should actually be 'some people', citing information way back to 1991.
Trump was not hated until he questioned Obama - and then only by some people. It actually made him more popular with others and probably contributed to his Presidential election victory.
The hatred from the left grew to epic proportions because he won the election.

edit on 22/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Better reread mine. It was not about Hillary.....
Damn

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well in this election we really only have 2 real choices don't we?

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

You brought that on yourself by telling everyone in a previous thread to stop making 'this' about Hillary.
The more you try to control others, the less control you have.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
Most people who voted for Trump do not necessarily like everything about him either. I and many other voted for Trump because, Hillary is so much worst.

True

If i was American I would probably have voted Trump for the simple reason hillary stated onevof her first acts would be a syria no fly zone.

Dont know about anyone else but i dont fancy starting WW3 with Russia over a bunch of backward muslims.

But the fact that out of 300 million Americans it came down to Trump and Hillary?
I would feel #ing ashamed of my country.

I am fairly right wing in my views, in fact domestically I am pretty pro most of Trumps ideas.

Problem is I just dont like Trump person , i think he is a bad leader, insecure, low intellect and pretty much a poor statementman.
The right ideas are there but you have the wrong person at the helm.

Rand Paul would of been my choice.......but no you voted a orange clown in.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sorry but after what he done to those people in Aberdeen I can only hate him for it.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
"What difference , at this point , does it make to you? And why the hell should I care ? "

I care like I care looking out for a drunk brother making a pratt of himself and waking up the next morningin a voimit filled motel jazzi regretting the dumb tattoo he got and 2 hookers of dubius origin.

UK loves you and we are concerned.

Its getting to the point UK canada, Australia and new Zealand will need to sit down for a intervention

edit on 22-7-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Sorry but after what he done to those people in Aberdeen I can only hate him for it.

Like I said - be careful of what you see on TV. Do you believe you have all the facts? Have you heard all sides of the story, or do you feel you don't need to?

You realise of course that if that particular event leads you to hate someone, you must hate millions and millions of people all over the world... that's a dangerous cross to bear and leads to extreme behaviour. It's how the Nazi party grew - hatred of others.

Here is what I think has actually happened with you - which you will of course deny.

You haven't really hated Trump for that long at all. I can tell this from your post history.. the hatred you express and the fervour in which you do it is a fairly recent development.
I suspect you're caught up in the media ****storm, have been influenced by it, and are seeking out validation.
When others don't agree with you get frustrated and that only leads you to hate Trump more, doubling down and lashing out.

It's a downward spiral I see many on the left going through.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The world needed Trump..
Not all world problems can be solved with peace signs and a flower in the hair
wake up man

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Like I said - be careful of what you see on TV. Do you believe you have all the facts? Have you heard all sides of the story, or do you feel you don't need to?

You realise of course that if that particular event leads you to hate someone, you must hate millions and millions of people all over the world... that's a dangerous cross to bear and leads to extreme behaviour. It's how the Nazi party grew - hatred of others.

You broke godwins law only one page in!

And surprisingly from the right wing crowd too! Normaly its the loony left that bring the Nazi argument in first

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Gothmog

I care like I care looking out for a drunk brother making a pratt of himself and waking up the next morningin a voimit filled motel jazzi regretting the dumb tattoo he got and 2 hookers of dubius origin.

UK loves you and we are concerned.

Its getting to the point UK canada, Australia and new Zealand will need to sit down for a intervention

Aww , that touches my heart.
Wait , I dont have one . Or a soul either ....
The surgeon removed those on the 4th and 6th surgeries.
But we will be just peachy - keen

link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
The world needed Trump..

The world needed a laugh.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I have spent quite a bit of time up in Aberdeen so I know what he done to that community.

What utter bollocks is this?!?!?!

I hate Trump, I cite his treatment of the people of Aberdeen as being a reason and from that you take away that I must hate millions of people and somehow even manage to mention Nazi's in the same breath.

No just, no.

You haven't really hated Trump for that long at all. I can tell this from your post history.. the hatred you express and the fervour in which you do it is a fairly recent development.

Again bollocks!

My first anti-Trump thread was posted in January 2016 Link That was long before most of the scandal even started, before he was groping women and cozying up to Russia.
edit on 22-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I wouldn't say I hate Trump. That would require for him to rent more space in my mind/heart than I am willing to give him.

Overall, he's extremely disappointing and does not conduct himself in a manner I would find to be respectable or presidential.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I wouldn't say I hated him but I've thought he is a first class clown for decades that needs to grow up.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join