It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actively Waiting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I hate waiting. There's nothing in the world more horrible(at least from my spoiled 1st world perspective) than waiting.
Currently I am waiting for my new laptop. It should have arrived yesterday, but it got loaded in the wrong delivery car.
Now I am at the window every time I hear doors. Or a motor.
I hate it, hate it, hate it. And hate myself for actively waiting for it.
Wtf? Right? I would be here anyways. Why can't I just clean my place, forget it's on its way and be pleasantly surprised if it arrives now...
There it is. No. No. False alarm. Again!
Uaaaaargh

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

my new laptop

You don't need a top for your lap, a knitted bikini usualy does the job until someone finds the thread.

#MockTheNakedAmazones

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Thats why I NEVER order anything online. I will find a store near me and pay extra if I have to , just to have it in my greedy little hands when I walk outta the store

But I am starting to like buying games off of Steam and Gog. But that is instant delivery.,,,,

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hopefully it comes today. Here's something for while you wait.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Bring the Amazon price and they'll come up with a reasonable discount in many cases. That's what I call offline online shopping.

Add me to your friend-list and you can easily start to like buying some presents as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I hate waiting. There's nothing in the world more horrible(at least from my spoiled 1st world perspective) than waiting.
Currently I am waiting for my new laptop. It should have arrived yesterday, but it got loaded in the wrong delivery car.
Now I am at the window every time I hear doors. Or a motor.
I hate it, hate it, hate it. And hate myself for actively waiting for it.
Wtf? Right?

actively waiting
Wouldn't that be an oxymoron

Hope it arrives SOOOON .......

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If its being delivered by Amazon logistics or Yodel I hope you enjoy your new laptop when it arrives for next Christmas.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

To be fair I saved £300 on a brand new MacBook Pro on Amazon would never have got a deal like that in a shop.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Worse then that,try waiting a month to find out if you have colon cancer or not,when you get older priority's change

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Worse then that,try waiting a month to find out if you have colon cancer or not,when you get older priority's change

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

To be fair I saved £300 on a brand new MacBook Pro on Amazon would never have got a deal like that in a shop.

Like I said...I cant tell ya how much I couldve saved...
Never sweated it....
I could have saved $100 each on the 2 new video adapters I bought to run SLI . NVidia TitanXs (the Titans now cost $1500 each . Mine were the Xs released in 2015)
Sitting on pins and needles that whole 30 mile ride back home , holding em in my lap while I drove.
Seemed like an eternity

edit on 7/22/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Thats why I NEVER order anything online. I will find a store near me and pay extra if I have to

I prefer to buy certain things online just so I can avoid state sales tax.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Something like this?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's heeeeeeeeeeeere! I also got yamazoki moktaks with it, the design is pretty cool. Gotta go!
Gaming weeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeeeeeeend

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Haha, yeah I ordered an iMac off of eBay a couple of weeks ago, on a Monday. Expected delivery was the following week, on a Thursday. Thursday of the week I ordered it, Fedex calls and says, "Hey, we're delivering your package tomorrow, Friday, so make sure someone is around to sign."

Friday: No delivery. Check status. On the truck for delivery.
Saturday: No Delivery. Still on the truck for delivery.
Monday rolls around, finally delivered.

Thanks a lot Fedex, you jerks.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
But , I do remember ordering my Alienware gaming laptop ( before Dell bought em out) . You didnt buy those in a store . Went online and picked each component. Had it shipped to work address.
The pain , the pain of it all.
Waitin.
Then the fellow from shipping shows up at my office door.....
Thanks for the memories...

And I hope you realized this entire conversation has been to increase your agony..

Enjoy the new laptop
Mama always said "anything worth having , is worth waiting for"
Peace to you
edit on 7/22/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I actually cherish the experience.

It wont be long before that laptop is a commonplace, every day item. But, before it arrives and the first bits of time after it arrives.. its pure potential and excitement. Its special during that period, before its novelty wears off and it becomes mundane.

I'm currently waiting for quite a few things I bought with birthday gift cards. "Automatic" wire stripper, that I'm relatively certain wont actually work properly, a new 2.1 system to replace my venerable 15+yr old one, port glasses, and a bunch of random small bits like SOP8->DIP adapters.

I love the awkwardness of the wait
Then again, I was one of those strange kids that never peeked at Christmas gifts. Not because I wasn't "supposed to," but because it took a bit of that uncomfortable, impatient magic away.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
But I am starting to like buying games off of Steam and Gog. But that is instant delivery.,,,,

Ha instant delivery I have to wait two hours for mass effect download...why meeeeeee?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

originally posted by: Gothmog

Ha instant delivery I have to wait two hours for mass effect download...why meeeeeee?

Well , I wasnt including the install part...
But I do get a descent download speed.
I think I pay more than it is worth
Blast Extreme

new topics

top topics

join