It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with ATS Chat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Whenever I decided to spread pixyness via ATS chat, I have a problem. The text box seems to be half the size it should be and whenever I type anything longer than one line, the other lines disappear. They do appear on the main screen when I hit 'Send' but I until then I can't tell if I've made any typos.

Notice text box at bottom of screen.

I have absolutely no idea why this happens. Could it be a problem with my version of Flash ? - If so, how do I fix it ?

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Pisky]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This might have nothing to do with it but, have you tried a different browser? Perhaps Netscape and Flash are having conflicts with eachother.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It seems the window isnt big enough for the Flash, so the bottom gets hidden. You could go straight to here.

And why are you using Netscape Pisky?? I thought you were a FireFox guy...im ashamed.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I used to run Firefox but it started playing up. It wouldnt start when I clicked on the desktop icons etc so I gave up and loaded Netscape.

Looks like I'll have to look for another browser then :shk:

JAK

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This has just started happening to me too. I'm using Firefox. It was fine last night, but now.

Jack

JAK

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am still hacving the problem, but just realised that you can actually scroll up and down when needed.

This makes things a lot easier.

Jack

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Pisky]

LOL pisk!

note the the comment made by pisky in the screen dump: 'Pisky: Paul McCartney is poo'

methinks this thread has subliminal content!

i'm onto you pisky......

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think I've found the problem Pisky.

It seems that when ivanglam made the nonsensical, logic-defying, utterly evil and despicable comment of "paul m is sooo incredible!", the universe had a complete epileptic spaz-out and a tear in the time-space continuum was created, thus causing the lower portion of your chat window to be sucked into an abominable parallel existence where Paul McArseney rules as a supreme God-like douche.

Okaaaay, glad we got that one cleared up. Next!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I think I've found the problem Pisky.

It seems that when ivanglam made the nonsensical, logic-defying, utterly evil and despicable comment of "paul m is sooo incredible!", the universe had a complete epileptic spaz-out and a tear in the time-space continuum was created, thus causing the lower portion of your chat window to be sucked into an abominable parallel existence where Paul McArseney rules as a supreme God-like douche.

Okaaaay, glad we got that one cleared up. Next!

I'm dying here wecomeinpeace...stop it!!!
Paul McArseney is totally poo-rific!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
arrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I keep getting booted from chat, i then have to close the chat window and load it again to get back in.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Chat keeps booting people over and over again. I think chat is dying. *takes out shockers thingies* CLEAR *zaps chat* Skeptic S.O.C.(Save our Chat)!!!!!

EDIT: Chat just booted almost everyone again

[edit on 21-2-2005 by cpr12r]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Righty then,

We tried splitting up and going in different rooms, people still got kicked and then massive kick and now i can't get back in at all

top topics

join