It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Top Lawyer Says No Point In Investigating Trump’s Finances Because of... WHAATTT?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
You may already know that Special Counsel Bob Mueller’s investigation of the Trump/Trump campaign/Russia connection is expanding and moving towards an investigation of Trump’s financial affairs for quite a few years back and that this development is sending Trump and his bunch into a tailspin of a frenzied panic. And, so, the Trump team is desperately grasping at straws to quash Mueller and his investigation.

Not “Hot lips,” but “Loose lips” John Dowd, Trump’s latest top lawyer on the Russia investigation matter, pretty much indicated, of Trump’s financial affairs, that there is little point in going there by Mueller because the Statute of Limitations would apply to those matters, anyway. Huh? Civil law issues are not being investigated here, people. The only things left in regard to Trump’s financial matters to which any Statute of Limitations would apply would be CRIMINAL ISSUES.

See Bloomberg News report at: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions.

“Those transactions are in my view well beyond the mandate of the Special counsel; are unrelated to the election of 2016 or any alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and most importantly, are well beyond any Statute of Limitation imposed by the United States Code,” he wrote in an email.

"Most importantly... ???"

I don’t know of any provision in any Statue of Limitations that would bar an investigation of anything current or from deep into the past.

I don’t even think that the Statute of Limitations would bar a criminal prosecution of a defendant who’s accused of any wrongdoing. After all, AND MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT, in a civil matter, the STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS DOES NOT BAR A CIVIL LAWSUIT. Say that you are sued for a very old consumer debt, if the Statute of Limitations applies, then you have to go into court and raise that statute AS A DEFENSE. This is what the Statute of limitations provides in a civil suit: A DEFENSE, not a bar to litigation.

I’d assume the nature of the Statutes of Limitation that apply to criminality likewise provide a DEFENSE to a defendant who is being criminally prosecuted, NOT A BAR to prosecution.

The lead attorney of the Trump legal team is an all-wet chump who spilled the beans (spoiler alert!!!) on the spoiled brat known as Donald Trump (alias: “The Donald”).

UPDATE: it has come to my attention that Walter Dellinger, former Department of Justice Legal Counsel Director, mentioned on T.V. that the Statue of Limitations would be used AS A DEFENSE in a CRIMINAL PROCEDING! Furthermore, serious matters of the past that fall outside the time constraint of the Statute of Limitations are not barred by that Statute from being used as grounds for impeachment. For sooth, such serious matters from the past don’t even have to fall within the purview of the criminal code to be used as grounds for impeachment. Too, too, bad, Donnie boy!

edit on 22-7-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Deleted extraneous and erroneous words.

(post by Painterz removed for political trolling and baiting)
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Fake news, Clinton lost get over it, you libtards are treasonous for daring to doubt daddy-trump, CNN has low ratings, etc, etc, etc.

That post just perfectly summed up Ats 2017.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Let me guess.. You hate Trump?
How did I know?
edit on 22-7-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Lol Trumpalumpers.. He was right he can do anything and they refuse to take a critical eye of what Trump does.
Maybe if he had released his tax returns he wouldn't be on this mess.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Lol Trumpalumpers.. He was right he can do anything and they refuse to take a critical eye of what Trump does.

That's a good point, full disclosure of financial affairs would have protected him from the no doubt very damaging stories to come. Got them all put in the open from day one, removed the sense of him trying to hide lots of things.

But then one can only assume he didn't disclose because it's so very damaging.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

Special investigators are supposed to typically stick to what they are supposed to investigate. There is actually a law for that.

Trump should throw the liberal media into a frenzy and grant pardons to all being investigated, not because they are guilty, but because lib's will have a heart attack if he does..

Politics are outright hilarious at times.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

But then one can only assume he didn't disclose because it's so very damaging.

Excellent point.

But who needs to keep things under wraps when one's own lawyer, "Loose Lips" Dowd may have violated attorney/client privilege by effectively spilling the beans that Trump committed financial crimes in the past?

This conforms to my message in my other post which is that the Prez will have to rely on lower and lower quality people as time goes on and, in this case, knucklehead Dowd.

Will Trump go ballistic toward Down and jettison him? Will Dowd's replacement be better? Not a chance!

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Special investigators are supposed to typically stick to what they are supposed to investigate. There is actually a law for that.

Trump should throw the liberal media into a frenzy and grant pardons to all being investigated, not because they are guilty, but because lib's will have a heart attack if he does..

Politics are outright hilarious at times.

Excuse me! Why don't you check the scope of Mueller's mandate before you imply that he exceeded it.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Another dumb post should be in rant,don't you think Trump finances weren't scrutinized for 4 yrs before he took office,another annoying attempt of selfish liberals,then they whine Trump is wasting money,this wastes millions,when are these posts going to be scrutinized,any kid living in a basement can read something he likes doesn't have to be true

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Another dumb post should be in rant,don't you think Trump finances weren't scrutinized for 4 yrs before he took office,another annoying attempt of selfish liberals,then they whine Trump is wasting money,this wastes millions,when are these posts going to be scrutinized,any kid living in a basement can read something he likes doesn't have to be true

Yeah, what the hell does OP think ? What the hell is this thread about ? How dares he question Trumps finances??!!!!! I want a Thread about Clinton organisation, Obumer and fake CNN !!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Can you show us his tax returns? every other candidate released theirs.
If he has nothing to hide he would be transparent but no he is attempting to shut every investigation down.
Just a question for you when he does get charged and all the evidence comes to light will you just accept it or continue to lick his arse?.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Mueller is being a pawn for the dems to collect as much dirt on Trump before the next election. Not once did ex FBI director comey say Trump was under any criminal investigation. Just look at ties of the people he brought on to help him investigate Trump.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Yeah, what the hell does OP think ? What the hell is this thread about ? How dares he question Trumps finances??!!!!! I want a Thread about Clinton organisation, Obumer and fake CNN !!!!!

Then, by all means, start one.
edit on 22-7-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Fixed the quote/response presentation.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Let me guess.. You hate Trump?
How did I know?

Good guess?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Trump’s legal team weighs how to curtail special counsel: reports

The White House has also looked at using an ethics rule to weaken Mueller’s efforts.

U.S. Representative Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House of Representatives intelligence panel, called Trump’s comments about Mueller disturbing.

“There is no doubt that Mueller has the authority to investigate anything that arises from his investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia, including financial links,” Schiff said in a statement.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Wait, so my comment saying: "Fake news, Clinton lost get over it, you libtards are treasonous for daring to doubt daddy-trump, CNN has low ratings, etc, etc, etc."

As a means of satirically commenting upon the usual commentary that arrives in the wake of any post critical of Trump gets removed for political trolling and baiting, but this post remains:

"Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Let me guess.. You hate Trump? "

Perhaps I should have added to my comment about Trump supporters who just post about how anybody criticizing Trump gets called out as being a cry-baby too?

This seems like a fairly large double standard mods, no? If you're enforcing the rules, fair enough, but I should expect them to be enforced equally?
edit on -05:00am07731America/ChicagoSat, 22 Jul 2017 10:07:44 -0500202 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Fake news, Clinton lost get over it, you libtards are treasonous for daring to doubt daddy-trump, CNN has low ratings, etc, etc, etc.

That post just perfectly summed up Ats 2017.

Well yes, I was hoping that by having the opportunity to post first in a thread I could lampoon the sorts of typically unhelpful responses some of the users of this site generate to any entry that dares to be critical of Trump, and this might help derail those responses so that an actual grown up conversation could be had about the topic, instead of getting derailed into a pro-trump Gif posting frenzy.

But given a few comments down we had the 'wahhhhh' you're just a cry baby trump hater comment, and then my comment got clobbered by the banhammer, that was clearly a forlorn hope.

Not sure why lampooning the unhelpful comments made by some Trump defenders is forbidden, but a post that went on for pages and pages that was basically 'All Lefties are Stupid!' was allowed to run for days and days and fill up with pages of hatred for anybody who doesn't love Trump was allowed. But hey, moderators have to make the calls.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Yeah! Get with the program. Didn't you read the memo?

Hey, how come no deflection yet? Way behind in a response time.

But all is fair game at this time.

What if Mueller finds out Trump has been commiting crimes with Russians going back to the Soviet era? Would that be an issue? What if it turns out that his connections to Putin are not new, and that Trump has facilitated money laundering with Manafort's assistance to Russian mob oligarchs dating back to the 1990's? What if it turns out that Putin has video and audio tapes of Trump with Moscow hookers that go back to 2000? Would that be beyond the statute of limitation?

These are fair questions to ask. Please contribute.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join