It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this? Anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Until I was 5, I had jet blonde hair. Arround that age, my hair darkened and by 1st (~8 years old) grade or so, it was a very dark brown/ black. Now, I am 17 and my skin is getting darker. It used to be very pale and pink, but now it is almost light brown, and probably will get there.. Is this normal or anything?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You are a genetic freak.

J/K.

***awarded nondescript topic title of the month***

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Maybe you have reverse Michal Jackson itus or what ever the condition he claims.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
lol its just genetics, same has happened to me, i was very fare as a child, but today, im often mistaken for other ethic persuasions, much darker skin, hair. The great aussie sun probably has much to do with it in my case !

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
this is disconcertingly like another thread i saw on ATS last year....

but seriously, there IS at least one drug that can turn caucasian skin DARK, almost pumpernickel color.....could the author of this thread have been exposed to it, or something similar??

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I was a bleach blond WHITE boy as a kid. Now, I have dark hair and a permenant tan. I suspect this is norman, most people in my family have had this happen. Look into your roots, you may find something unexpected. We discovered that our family was ownd by another family in New Orleans. Also have some mexican in our bloodline. Very interesting stuff!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Some genes won't express until even as late as puberty or beyond. It could be a number of environmental or dietary factors as well. have you ever had your family tree researched? It is possible you could have some ethnic variety in your blood line, the genes of which didn't express themselves until later in your development. I went through the same thing, I was blonde and very light skinned until I was almost eight or nine years old, and then my hair turned brown and my complexion darkened and I got uglier and uglier

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yep I ahve to say, my brother was snow white when he was a kid,
now he'a gone really dark. Both hair and skin.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
As you age, you normaly produce more melanin(pigment). This causes your eyes, skin and hair to darken.

top topics

join