It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR shows why leftists can be so damned stupid

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Sad thing is, standards have dropped.

Or people just don't care.

I hire engineers.

A basic question I always ask is to have them draw me a half-wave rectifier.

Then a full-wave rectifier.

Using "algebra" I ask them to describe Ohm's Law.

Yeah, I weed out a lot.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Blown mind thanks much.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

It's actually institutes of higher learning that seem to want to dumb people down.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's actually institutes of higher learning that seem to want to dumb people down.

If you say so.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

My opinion, so obviously I say so.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

So anyone who has not taken an electronics class is useless to you no matter how well they understand algebra.

What was your point?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Lowering standards will create complacency, destroying any incentive to strive for newer height's. Thus keeping the dumb, dumb.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

So anyone who has not taken an electronics class is useless to you no matter how well they understand algebra.

What was your point?

Educational standards have dropped across the board.

Just an anecdotal observation.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

What was your point?

He seems to think anyone can pass electronics classes without algebra.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
ATS shows why old right wing partisan hacks can be so damned stupid.

Your posts show how left wing partisan hacks can be so damned stupid.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Lowering standards will create complacency, destroying any incentive to strive for newer height's. Thus keeping the dumb, dumb.

Of course. Nobody here disagree with that. The OP created a narrative that people here support that. And him playing a partisan game made it worse.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

You should ask him when was the last time he posted something intelligent or of substance.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Its about focusing in what better serves in a chosen field.

No, Its about lowering standards to accommodate bad test scores.

That

Instead of facing the reality that the education system in the US has failed to do its job with near unlimited resources because it became a business rather than a system of institutions meant to progress the world forward.

Education here became a series of trade schools operating under the same exploitative business model.

We want every person to be able to do basic programming in at least one language eventually, to be able to speak extra languages, master their own, be able to at least glaze over complicated subjects and not feel like they are deciphering an alien codex.

We need people who will invent entire industries and technologies everything is based off as well as maintain existing infrastructure to its best operational integrity.

But some would argue to forgo all that and instead tell people to put parts of their minds to sleep because its too much trouble to try and get them working again.

This cant be true for every generation and it isnt. In other countries kids do everything I mentioned earlier and more. They are not robots or aliens. We are just working with a broken education system while theirs are in working order and fulfilling their purpose.

edit on 7 21 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

An observation that not only doesn't apply but one that contradicts what you are arguing about.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

If you want higher educational standards, then why conflict with what we are saying?

If it isn't a leftist thing, then say it.

Why can't you just "say" that you want higher educational standards?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

An observation that not only doesn't apply but one that contradicts what you are arguing about.

You're wrong.

But don't let that stop you.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Why do people keep making antagonistic posts about the left? Did Trump winning bolster people so much they feel they have free reign to be utter asshats? You -really- think this sort of thing is relegated to the left? One person makes a stupid comment, and somehow it applies to an entire political group?

The right is making an unprecedented amount of posts in the pit on this site since Trump was elected. I guess they feel entitled, emboldened, or.. something.. so they can make ludicrous posts based on basically.. nothing, so they can beat their chests and feel empowered by their right-ness.

I guess we can get into education levels between the left and right if you want.. but you may not like the end results.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

No, I quoted the text that gives the context and it isn't what you claim.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

What?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Because leftists are usually the ones trying to lower standards, in my opinion.

They want uniformity.

They protest any attempt at raising the bar and establishing higher standards.

If it isn't leftists, then allow me to rail on who is responsible for dumbing down our educational system.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join