It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR shows why leftists can be so damned stupid

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Byrd

a reply to: Deaf Alien

You want to argue vouchers?

Why do you hate inner-city children and want to deny them a better education?

Vouchers are going to hurt ranching communities like I've lived in. And farming communities. I'm sure you've lived in them and been to the schools. We'll end up back with a system where a lot of people get left in the dust.

How would vouchers hurt?

It's an option provided to people.

Not like a "mandate".

Do charters and vouchers hurt public schools? The answer is “yes”

Do charter schools, school vouchers and online schools really hurt our neighborhood public schools? You bet they do.

Charter schools, vouchers, and other “choice” options redirect public money to privately operated education enterprises, which often operate for profit. That harms public schools by siphoning off students, resources, and funding while reducing the ability of your public schools to serve the full range of student needs and interests.

edit on 7/23/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The what dollar figure would provide the optimum education?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The what dollar figure would provide the optimum education?

Let me guess.... the Leftists want to make it cheaper to educate the children.
Hey I like your game.

(post by DBCowboy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Then why do people up and lose their minds when cities try to reduce them? Inner city Democrats especially....

The education is better. Thats THE PARENTS bottom line.

The funding goes elsewhere is all. Public schools should earn their keep. They suck in most places with near infinite resources.

edit on 7 23 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

(post by Deaf Alien removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

So you can't answer the question.

I understand.

Words, like math can be hard.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

So you can't answer the question.

I understand.

Words, like math can be hard.

Answers to your question apparently too difficult for you to comprehend. Perhaps there should be an requirement for English?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Vouchers take money away from schools which impact education, apparently.

What is the optimum dollar amount for the best education?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Vouchers take money away from schools which impact education, apparently.

What is the optimum dollar amount for the best education?

Ask Trump.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Then why do people up and lose their minds when cities try to reduce them? Inner city Democrats especially....

The education is better. Thats THE PARENTS bottom line.

The funding goes elsewhere is all. Public schools should earn their keep. They suck in most places with near infinite resources.

Wouldn't work that way. Suppose the voucher pays for 80 percent of the cost of private education. Only the people that can't afford that 20 percent remain in a public school. For those children there education is doomed as the schools they attend will have to do more with less money. So neutrally things would get cut class sizes would increase and public schools would become worse.

Vouchers sound great but in areas where kids are poor or can't get to other locations it would be a death sentence to their education. Why do you think the national teachers organization is against them. A teether organization where they could make more money by creating super schools are saying it's a bad idea.

I used to think it was good since it models it after colleges. Problem is poor people have a hard time getting in to college.
edit on 7/23/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

What is the optimum dollar figure for a good education per student at a public school?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Sorry, the actual results differ. People by and large find a way to swing 20% or more if necessary in order not to squander the opportunity they are given.

Those that sacrifice, and I am sure there are some that do more than others, find a way to get their diploma from great schools when the doors open for them.

What you argue is from the vantage point of a public school employee worrying about next years budget if 30% or more of the kids projected to enroll suddenly find their way into private (better) schools.

The apology that not everyone who basically wins the lottery and gets to get a better education shouldn't get it because not everyone would be able to pay for it, is wrong.

The ones who wouldn't be able to pay for it wouldn't even make it through the qualifying selections. A student who has the ability to take advantage of a voucher usually has a good support network that keeps the student excelling. Its not something a student who doesnt even show up to school because of bad habits would get. You need good grades, so your parents probably dedicate actual resources and energy if you are passing well enough to apply for a voucher. However humble that measure may be.

www.indystar.com...
edit on 7 23 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

What is the optimum dollar figure for a good education per student at a public school?

I'm going to tell you one more time to ask Trump:
www.chicagotribune.com...
And many articles.
We need to protect public schools from grizzly bears.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Don't think there is an answer to that the average spent per student is 11009.00. But it varies by states for example in New York they give 20000.00 for students. If a voucher for 11000.00 was given even their public schools would require 9000 more per student.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I get it.

You are afraid to answer or you don't know the answer.

I won't ask you any more.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I get it.

You are afraid to answer or you don't know the answer.

I won't ask you any more.

Do you want me to write it in crayons?
Ok. Nobody is wanting to dumb down the children or lowering the standards.
Are you sure you weren't dumbed down yourself?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Then what's the optimum dollar amount?

Do you have the courage to actually answer?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Then what's the optimum dollar amount?

Do you have the courage to actually answer?

I told you to ask Trump.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Reality says you just doom students to a poor education because there parents don't have the money to pay for it. In my book everyone should have access to a better education it's important for the country.

Increase funding make your local school better instead if abondoning it. Volunteer for example this helps cut down on there expenses help with fund drives. If you want to improve your education for your children get involved. I volunteer all the time at my son and daughters school.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join