It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR shows why leftists can be so damned stupid

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You want to argue vouchers?

Why do you hate inner-city children and want to deny them a better education?

Racist.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Racist.

Another cringeworthy post.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Another devastated reply.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Another devastated reply.

You're already done that to yourself without my help.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: muzzleflash

"Soft"?????

There's nothing "soft" about it!! It's full-on, straight-up, OVERT, hardcore programming of the masses. Programming the populous to be this perfectly homogenous, unthinking, mindless, blob of 98.6 degree spineless jelly who will do, say and even believe exactly what they are told to do, say and believe! History be damned. Follow us, this is the "right" way.

Some have made the distinction between leftists and "rightists" in this discussion. I think I'm more of the philosophy of "rightists" and "wrongists"! If the leftists willingly want to sign-up with and defend the "wrongists", to drink their Kool-Aid, and become part of their unthinking Borg, then so be it. Society is doomed!

Yeah... cuz... algebra!

6÷2(1+2)=?

Just look at it! What a evil and sad language. SAD.
Burn the heretics...err... algebratics!

Already solved the equasion? Black magic like that is tempting, innit?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: DBCowboy

No one is being forced to go to college.

If it is too hard for you don't go and learn a trade.

WTF is wrong with people.

You need to know algebra in order to work in a trade.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Full disclosure; I actually didn't read the NPR article...well, that is, until I read your response. Then I did.

I couldn't believe an institution of higher learning could ever make such an idiotic statement, such as you quoted, and I had to go see if they actually said those words!

Ummm...the comprehension of Statistics isn't even possible without an understanding of basic Algebra!!

There are a few linked articles in the NPR article that talk about the issue more in depth.

You are right that everyone should know basic algebra, BUT that isn't they are talking about. They are talking about reducing the requirement of college level algebra from some career paths. College level algebra goes way beyond understanding statistics.

If someone is going to college for a career in infant care I don't see how being able to solve a quadratic equation or solving geometry problems using the Pythagorean theorem is going to help them with their career.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I despise leftists because they are for less freedoms, bigger government more taxes, and drone mentality.

So yeah, I can't stand the ideology.

This is why I put it in the Pit.

I despite rightists because they want to ignore the First Amendment and dumb down children with the Bible and Creationism, forcing science out of public schools and replace with the Bble and Creationism, thus lowering the standards of education.
See how that works?

OH so the antifa at Cal Berkeley that won't let people speak are actually rightist, I guess I missed that.

The Bible and Creationism is worth being an option for the kids as opposed to 'settled science'. It is safe to say nothing is settled about God or Science in a lot of people's minds.
edit on 22-7-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I despise leftists because they are for less freedoms, bigger government more taxes, and drone mentality.

So yeah, I can't stand the ideology.

This is why I put it in the Pit.

I despite rightists because they want to ignore the First Amendment and dumb down children with the Bible and Creationism, forcing science out of public schools and replace with the Bble and Creationism, thus lowering the standards of education.
See how that works?

OH so the antifa at Cal Berkeley that won't let people speak are actually rightist, I guess I missed that.

The OP is the one who is playing a partisan game. Complain to him not me.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I have seen you be more neutral than that. I think broad strokes are not your style.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I have seen you be more neutral than that. I think broad strokes are not your style.

Right. I was playing the OP's game. Mirroring his OP if you will to show the errors of his ways.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Build me an iPhone with knowledge learned from the Bible. Go ahead, I'll wait.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The Bible and Creationism is worth being an option for the kids as opposed to 'settled science'. It is safe to say nothing is settled about God or Science in a lot of people's minds.

You already have Sunday Schools and private schools for that. Why force that on other kids? Do you want children in public schools to be taught that Islam might be the truth? That creationism in Buddhism and Hinduism might be true?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Build me an iPhone with knowledge learned from the Bible. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Build me one without a brain from God. Two can play that game. LOL

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Vouchers are going to hurt ranching communities like I've lived in. And farming communities. I'm sure you've lived in them and been to the schools. We'll end up back with a system where a lot of people get left in the dust.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It's not a bad idea actually. Why would you require algebra for certain career paths. I teach at a local college in science it's necessary. But in arts it English it isn't need ed. I will say many students fail algebra thinking it's the same as high school algebra it isn't. On high school you Lear linear equations. In college you learn quadratic equations and general polynomial functions.

These are used if your going into science or engineering but in reality have very little use elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

In Cowboy's words, "Is math too hard for you? You want to lower standards."

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

In Cowboy's words, "Is math too hard for you? You want to lower standards."

I have to my job is known as a stem carreer. But there are lots of jobs out there that would never use college algebra. For example human services or law business management the arts. Why make these kids pay for a course they will fail lower there GPA on a course they dont need?? The other problem with it being a requirement is it can get filled quickly. Meaning students that do need it might have to put off there course studies for a semester just because they couldn't get the class.

I have many students that I've seen that happen to often will ask to sit in on classes so they can at least learn something.
edit on 7/23/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Vouchers are going to hurt ranching communities like I've lived in. And farming communities. I'm sure you've lived in them and been to the schools. We'll end up back with a system where a lot of people get left in the dust.

How would vouchers hurt?

It's an option provided to people.

Not like a "mandate".

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join