It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

62 percent think federal government should be responsible for health for everyone

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

But as long as it's other folks money paying for other folks insurance, no sweat off your back right?

How do you think insurance works?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: allsee4eye

Other countries are there to learn from with many examples of better care being provided for a much better cost.

And an important fact is that of all the countries that implemented single payor health care, not a single one has ever tried to get rid of it. The citizens of the US pay more to get sicker and die earlier.

The citizens of the USA pay more to subsidize singer payer countries who have price controls.

The citizens of the USA don't 'get sicker', we get overdiagnosed in a self-absorbed society filled with hypochondriacs and ambulance chasers.

The citizens of the USA don't 'die earlier', we have more precise metrics and count things like inner-city violence, traffic accidents and abortions towards our mortality rates.

I'm not sure what you could mea by "more precise metrics" since it seems the determination of whether a person is dean is a matter of accuracy and not precision. And according to the United Nations World Population Prospects 2015 Revision, the US ranks 30th in life expectacy after looking at deaths from all reasons. Actually, it is mortality rates that look at deaths. Life expectancy looks at people who are alive at a certain age. Since for life expectancy purposes, dead people are ignored, the cause of their death is immaterial. The US ranks just worse than Costa Rica, and slightly better than Cuba in life expectancy. Japan is number 1 in life expectancy and, of course,like all other industrialized nations except the US, has universal sing le payor health care.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I disagree. There is no way to do it without taxing me more, unless they cut something else, which we know they won't do. I would like to keep my money. Please stop advocating for the federal government's violent theft of my hard earned money.

I think that the public education system should be dismantled as well. We live in the age of the internet, it would make much more sense to use alternative education methods. Public school is nothing more than an indoctrination concentration camp anyways, pumping out mindless zombies that want big daddy government to do everything for them.

I am sure you will balk at this, but look at how bad our school system is doing. On the international stage, we are an absolute joke. Public schooling is a failed experiment, time to move on.

Actually, EVERYTHING the government does is a massive, wasteful, failure. There isn't a single government program that would still be in business if i were a private corporation.

The only thing they are good at is wasting our money and murdering people all over the globe. Quit trying to give government more power, they are not our friends.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am looking at the OP's thread title and wondering if people who think the government should be "responsible for their health" have considered that from all facets.

I am guessing they are just thinking the government should pay for their drugs and doctor visits, but if you want the government to take full responsibility for your health, it also means you want the government to compel you to keep your body healthy in every possible way - forced exercise, forced diet, etc.

I really don't want to live in that kind of hell.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

...I am guessing they are just thinking the government should pay for their drugs and doctor visits, but if you want the government to take full responsibility for your health, it also means you want the government to compel you to keep your body healthy in every possible way - forced exercise, forced diet, etc.

the Military Life... that of career soldiers would serve as a model of 'Government Compelling certain Behaviors'...

the military does not force a trooper or even their civilian family members to not smoke or drink as those are two serious & proven risk factors that lead to a degeneration of Ones' Health... that's just an example of a non-Draconian Government intersession into ones personal choices

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Our Heathcare in Canada works quite well. Apart from long ass wait times in hospitals it's great

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The only people that think the Fed should have complete control over the healthcare system have never experienced Federal govt healthcare before.

If they cannot manage to give good health care to the 22 million vets, why on earth should I have any faith they can give quality health care to 330+ million people.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

But the military will bid you goodbye and good luck if you become overweight!

I'm a huge proponent of a fat tax. Charge 'em by the pound for every pound over 15 lbs. past what is their normal body weight. That would be the fair thing to do.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join