It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Medical Association Begs Senators to FIX and KEEP ObamaCare.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

""The nation's largest doctors' group urged senators on Friday to stop trying to repeal, or replace Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act, and instead begin a bipartisan effort to stabilize the insurance marketplace.

The A.M.A. called for bipartisan cooperation, starting with action to shore up shaky insurance markets.

"Senators from both sides of the aisle have expressed interest in pursuing remedies to stabilize the individual market and foster greater availability and choice of health plans. We urge Congress to take this initial step," the letter said.""

Full Article at: www.cnbc.com...

The doctors I work with HATE ObamaCare with a passion, due to so much red tape, reduced compensation, computer requirements, and a host of other things.

What gives with the American Medical Association? Are they not representative of the overall Medical Community?

-CareWeMust

edit on Fri Jul 21 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags added....IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Probably on the payroll for the insurance parasites who benefit from Obamacare.

Any professional self-respecting doctor would support nothing but universal healthcare.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Any professional self-respecting doctor would support nothing but universal healthcare.

From Doctors to Condos..associations aren't what they appear to be, are they?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The Dr. I'm closest with is actually a creationist and believes you can pray the gay away. I'm not sure why he bothers with medicine when prayer is 100% effective in his mind (actually I do know - Liability).

Point being there are every which kind of Dr, just like there are every which kind of ATS poster. the AMA represents a large block of them, but of course you are going to find Dr.'s that don't share the AMA's reasoned stance or opinion.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I wonder if the AMA was FOR ObamaCare in 2009? If so, then it's logical as to why they still like it. I don't think they got screwed over by Obama's false promises, like most of the public did.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Docs I work with just sneer when Obamacare is mentioned.

So to the AMA I would just say. . .

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My doctor hates Obama care.
I hear the same story from a friend in nursing.
Universally despised.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The association is probably worried about their bottom line much more than your average citizen. They should be very concerned about it failing because it would forcibly remove them from the lucrative govt teet. Or it could speed up our nation as a whole running face first into the alleged inevitably of single payer, which they would more than likely profit extensively from as well but the prices would be negotiated on a much larger scale

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

What gives with the American Medical Association? Are they not representative of the overall Medical Community?

Throughout its history, the AMA has been actively involved in a variety of medical policy issues, from Medicare and HMOs to public health, and climate change. Between 1998 and 2011, the AMA spent $264 million on lobbyists, second only to the American Chamber of Commerce.[

In economic terms, several critics of the American Medical Association, including Nobel Memorial Prize winning economist Milton Friedman as well as his wife, Rose Friedman, have asserted that the organization acts as a guild and has attempted to increase physicians' wages and fees by influencing limitations on the supply of physicians and competition from non-physicians.

Source

The AMA is a lobby group. Many doctors blow them off, and get a bit angry because the AMA pretends to be the voice of all US doctors, when they are not.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Does their plan include how to de-fascie it?

Or are they the Fascist Medical Association (FMA)?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I deal with doctors on a daily basis, and occasionally will voice their frustration at the ACA. Haven't heard from any that actually are for it yet.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

That's quite well known. There are HMO's now (Health Management Organizations). Originally you took private health insurance with your employer, and that gave you freedom to choose your doctor. Then the insurance companies wanted to control the costs that the doctors were charging, so they introduced their own approved doctor list. That might mean you don't get the doctor you want, but instead get sent round to a pool of doctors.

Any change in ObamaCare is going to change insurance premiums which in turn will cause patients to be forced to change doctors and insurance companies.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No matter what the Dr's want, it's the insurance cabal that will come out ahead of this mess....believe me, that's what people tell me.

Pay your premiums on time or we drop you, and no whining when we show you the fine print and disavow your claim.

Capitalism at it's most obscene.
edit on 21-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
My doctor hates Obama care.
I hear the same story from a friend in nursing.
Universally despised.

The physician sentiments related by you and DBCowboy are almost universal amongst all the medical professionals in Hospitals and Medical offices.

Medicaid sends Billions of Dollars to medical professionals, but it's 30% less than what private insurance pays, and is typically 9 months behind in sending the payment.

Must be the "Establishment big wigs" who control the health system who are reaping the rewards, and paying-off the AMA to say what they tell the organization to say.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The AMA only sees 15% of American doctors as members these days. Used to be close to 100% only a couple of decades ago. The catch is the AMA developed and "owns" the CPT Codebook which is used to pull the very specific and constantly changing billing codes used to bill insurance and government coverage. The feds REQUIRE these codes be used by all doctors who accept Medicaid, Medicare, and under the ACA any insurance included in the program. To use these codes, the doctor's office pays the AMA a user fee plus the bills are reviewed by electronic systems developed and owned by the AMA. Since going to this system 18 years ago, the AMA has gone from being funded by doctor membership dues to making most of their profits from royalty dues paid by doctors, insurers, and the government for the "privilege" of using the CPT and tracking software. The ACA dramatically increased the mandated paperwork and documentation for all medical procedures and, a large part of that, depends on AMA software and publications for codes and tracking, so they've made seriously huge profits since it was enacted.

In other words, follow the money and realize one of the largest schysters in the US is desperately supporting keeping Obamacare. It's a scam and must go now.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It is the biggest money maker of their careers it is designed for the middle class to pay medical expenses for Obama's imported voter base. No one actually sees a real doctor but you get charged for one. They don't fix anything just give you a pill so you will come back again and again. Real doctors don't want anything to do with ObamaCare. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

""The nation's largest doctors' group urged senators on Friday to stop trying to repeal, or replace Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act, and instead begin a bipartisan effort to stabilize the insurance marketplace.

The A.M.A. called for bipartisan cooperation, starting with action to shore up shaky insurance markets.

"Senators from both sides of the aisle have expressed interest in pursuing remedies to stabilize the individual market and foster greater availability and choice of health plans. We urge Congress to take this initial step," the letter said.""

Full Article at: www.cnbc.com...

The doctors I work with HATE ObamaCare with a passion, due to so much red tape, reduced compensation, computer requirements, and a host of other things.

-CareWeMust

edit on Fri Jul 21 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags added....IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

The AMA is part of a SYSTEM, that has raped the public for decades, and the last few decades, in cohoots with the insurance providers.

Of course they want to keep it. It's a system with a built in price racketeering scheme... and what will they do if Americans demand a change that includes "Price Discovery" in medicine? Their little scheme will collapse.

edit on 21-7-2017 by dasman888 because: Zombie white tailed deer...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The AMA only sees 15% of American doctors as members these days. Used to be close to 100% only a couple of decades ago. The catch is the AMA developed and "owns" the CPT Codebook which is used to pull the very specific and constantly changing billing codes used to bill insurance and government coverage. The feds REQUIRE these codes be used by all doctors who accept Medicaid, Medicare, and under the ACA any insurance included in the program. To use these codes, the doctor's office pays the AMA a user fee plus the bills are reviewed by electronic systems developed and owned by the AMA. Since going to this system 18 years ago, the AMA has gone from being funded by doctor membership dues to making most of their profits from royalty dues paid by doctors, insurers, and the government for the "privilege" of using the CPT and tracking software. The ACA dramatically increased the mandated paperwork and documentation for all medical procedures and, a large part of that, depends on AMA software and publications for codes and tracking, so they've made seriously huge profits since it was enacted.

In other words, follow the money and realize one of the largest schysters in the US is desperately supporting keeping Obamacare. It's a scam and must go now.

Just WOW...THANK-YOU Burdman30ott6! I suspected that the AMA was receiving royalties from the ACA-Govt, but didn't know exactly how. I do now. Thanks again!!
-cwm

new topics

top topics

join