It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Mar-a-Lago To Hire Foreign Staff Because America's Not Qualified

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Trump's Mar-a-Lago has requested with the Department of Labor to hire 70 foreign workers right in the middle of the "Made In America" week.

They are hiring 15 housekeepers, 20 cooks and 35 waiters on H-2B visas which can be granted if not enough American workers willing to do the job.

They state that they are unable to find qualified American waiters, cooks and housekeepers.

Even 'middle-of-the-road' news agencies are noting trumps speeches don't match his business practices.

CBS News
The president made jobs for Americans a central component of his campaign, and of his work in office. "We believe jobs must be offered to American workers first," Mr. Trump said in an April speech.

But the president's speeches don't always match his business practices. Many Trump-branded products are manufactured oversees. Trump eyeglasses are made in China, as are items from the Trump Home Collection, for instance. Trump-branded items were noticeably absent from a "Made in America" event featuring American-made products earlier this week.

Ivanka Trump, Mr. Trump's daughter and assistant to the president, has also been criticized for her company's use of foreign workers. Many of her products are manufactured abroad, mostly in China.

What do you think? Do you think there are qualified American cooks?

I was a waiter at a Ritz Carlton restaurant in my 20's (and a few other fine dinning places); you couldn't get any more "upper-crust" than that. I worked with a bunch of other waiters. I'm pretty sure every one of them would say they are more than qualified.

I'm pretty sure there's more than a few Americans that could clean a hotel room - and could use the job.

Trump's actions doesn't seem "Pro-America" to me.

Trump lied to you on every front (rare even for a politition).

It's time to wake up and start the healing process.

CNN
MSNBC
The Hill
NY Daily News
(etc)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
You sound racist.

If the workers are here legally, they they are just as American as anyone else. That's what America is all about.

It's not about race, never has been as the left like to push it.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Didnt want to use illegals. Remember , the Left says , they are the only ones that will do jobs like that. US workers will not
US workers dont want em
Cant hire illegals
Have to go foreign

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

lol - well, no. I'm not racist. How you got that out of my post is beyond me.

You may of missed the point of this thread? Maybe you meant to post in someone else's thread?

This thread has to do with hiring Americans (which come in all shapes and colors) - not race.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I would think that any left leaning full blooded American would avoid working for Trump . Most of them avoid working anyway so its not a big decision for them to make .

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Didnt want to use illegals. Remember , the Left says , they are the only ones that will do jobs like that. US workers will not
US workers dont want em
Cant hire illegals
Have to go foreign

Not sure they even need to raise the wages. According to the owner of an employment agency in the area, they have tons of people who are qualified and looking for positions as servers, cooks, housekeepers, etc. but the Trump property manager never contacts them.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22478063]Pearj[/post
Attacking you is this year's game plan.

I'm not surprised. He is not my president, he is a rich man looking after his own blood first. We wait for crumbs.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I wonder what he pays. Maybe Trump doesn't want to pay decent wages? Although aside from the chefs, and their helpers, hotel staff arent generally high paid positions.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
You sound racist.

If the workers are here legally, they they are just as American as anyone else. That's what America is all about.

It's not about race, never has been as the left like to push it.

Racist?

Trump is pissin all over you and you're thanking him for the rain but don't worry Wal Mart has plenty of umbrellas that were made in China so everyone will be fine.

MAGA

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You wrote that they are here on H-2b visas, but he called them Americans. I guess he doesn't understand they are not US citizens.

As far as calling you racist it is weird. I think he just accuses people of that when he is stumped.

edit on 21-7-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

This has nothing about being qualified, and everything about being paid low wages.

Qualified American waiters and cooks can make good money, especially in the Palm Beach. I would expect cooks and especially waiters can make $1k a week+.

In my humble opinion, Trumo inc simply wants staff he can pay the bare minimum.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The only defense for the Trump worshippers will be to call you racist or scream "BUT HILLARY!"

I'm interested in what else their small minded herd mentality will be able to come up with.

LOL

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I agree. I don't see any reason why Mar A Largo can't find qualified concierge, servers, kitchen staff and housekeeping staff from the US job pool!

I was a waiter at a Ritz Carlton restaurant in my 20's (and a few other fine dinning places); you couldn't get any more "upper-crust" than that.

The Trump's are flakey, buttery, upper crust out of touch hypocrites! MAGA my arse!

I worked for Hyatt and waited on Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Christopher Hemmeter and their wives. My job? Water! That's all I did was to top off their water glasses every time one of them took a sip! Nancy Reagan made eye contact with me and said "Thank you"!

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Trump's Mar-a-Lago has requested with the Department of Labor to hire 70 foreign workers right in the middle of the "Made In America" week.

They are hiring 15 housekeepers, 20 cooks and 35 waiters on H-2B visas which can be granted if not enough American workers willing to do the job.

They state that they are unable to find qualified American waiters, cooks and housekeepers.

Even 'middle-of-the-road' news agencies are noting trumps speeches don't match his business practices.

CBS News
The president made jobs for Americans a central component of his campaign, and of his work in office. "We believe jobs must be offered to American workers first," Mr. Trump said in an April speech.

But the president's speeches don't always match his business practices. Many Trump-branded products are manufactured oversees. Trump eyeglasses are made in China, as are items from the Trump Home Collection, for instance. Trump-branded items were noticeably absent from a "Made in America" event featuring American-made products earlier this week.

Ivanka Trump, Mr. Trump's daughter and assistant to the president, has also been criticized for her company's use of foreign workers. Many of her products are manufactured abroad, mostly in China.

What do you think? Do you think there are qualified American cooks?

I was a waiter at a Ritz Carlton restaurant in my 20's (and a few other fine dinning places); you couldn't get any more "upper-crust" than that. I worked with a bunch of other waiters. I'm pretty sure every one of them would say they are more than qualified.

I'm pretty sure there's more than a few Americans that could clean a hotel room - and could use the job.

Trump's actions doesn't seem "Pro-America" to me.

Trump lied to you on every front (rare even for a politition).

It's time to wake up and start the healing process.

CNN
MSNBC
The Hill
NY Daily News
(etc)

No only does Trump "buy" people from other countries, it is where all he buys his tack merchandise.

Trump shirts were made in China, Bangladesh, Honduras and Vietnam. PolitiFact Virginia found some Trump sport coats made in India. Trump eyeglasses are made in China.

BuzzFeed ordered a suit that was listed as both “imported” and “Made in USA” — and ended up with a label showing the suits were made in Indonesia.

According to Furniture Today, components of the Trump by Dorya furniture were made in Germany, particularly the brass and stainless pieces.

The Trump Home by Rogaska tabletop collection featured a crystal and china collection with a company based in Slovenia.

Many hotel amenities at Trump’s hotels were manufactured overseas and imported. Trump Hotel pens were made in China or Taiwan, and imported into the United States via South Korea. Shampoo, body wash, moisturizers, shower caps, laundry bags, show bags, pet collars, pet leashes and bath towels at Trump hotels are all listed as made in China.

Trump Vodka was manufactured at a distillery in the Netherlands

Trump products were manufactured (China, the Netherlands, Mexico, India, Turkey, Slovenia, Honduras, Germany, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Vietnam and South Korea). Further, Trump products transited other countries through the packaging and shipping process — meaning workers in more than 12 countries contributed to getting many of Trump’s products made, packaged and delivered to the United States.

Source
edit on 21-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: formatting

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Even if they are 'legal aliens' they are still alien, if you get my drift. We want the same tireless, no compliants work force that cleans our hotel rooms, picks our produce and mows our lawns.

edit on 21-7-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I thought Donald Trump doesn't run his businesses anymore.
Part of the whole 'becoming President' thing.
edit on 21-7-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
And now crops are rotting in the field because there are no illegals to harvest them.

www.independent.com...

www.proag.com...

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

No he doesn't sound racist. Did you read the post? I too was a waiter in my 20s at a very upper class Country Club. I was fantastic and made great money while in College. There are plenty of people right here in America that could take those jobs. Nope, trump would rather just hire out.

So trump is saying we aren't good enough? What about all of the culinary institutes here in America? Those people go to school specifically for the purpose of working in exactly these types of settings!!!! No lets just hire foreign workers instead!

trump cares only about $$$$$. He cant take it with him...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
These decisions are not done by Trump but by managers at Mar a Lago.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
In their defense, it is quite difficult at this time to find well-trained staff in the service industry that are not already employed. To get the top-tier chefs and servers in this country, you would have to steal them from other establishments.

That means they would have to offer better pay/benefits and pay for relocation costs.

A high profile place like Mar a Lago should not have any problem recruiting people. So it does seem like they are being cheap.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join