It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Making this About Clinton.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Stop Making this About Clinton.

This is something that I feel has to be said.

Trump is the most polarising politician in living memory, most of us thought that it cold never have gotten worse than George. W. Bush but the people of America have proven the rest of us wrong by electing the embodiment of the elite, Donald. J. Trump to the highest office.

Now with this I must confess comes invigorating political discussion and debate that is slowly becoming a guilty pleasure of mine. As much as I may disagree with Trump and his supporters, I really do find myself enjoying the thrill of the debate. That said however there is something that I find tremendously annoying.

Its these simple words.

“What about Clinton”

They come about in some variation in just about every debate had about Trump and his antics. During the election cycle leading up to election of last year the comparison between the two political figures was fair and just. There was a choice (a word I use loosely) to be had, Trump or Clinton, that is what the debate was essentially about. However that debate has now passed, the debate of Trump vs Clinton is over, Trump won it.

As such then it is becoming very annoying when in the course of debate the issue of Clinton is brought up. The Clintons are not in the oval office, Trump is, it is Trump how now faces the scrutiny that comes with sitting at that table, not the Clintons.

Trump is not infallible, he is human, he has and he will make mistakes, he will make misjudgements and we all know that he has a almost unique propensity to make frankly stupid comments. Yet the response to all of his flaws from his supporters is “ahhh but what about Clintons?”, “What about the Clintons links to Russia?”, “What about Clintons emails?”, “would you rather have Clinton?” And so it goes on and on….. what about Clinton?

The truth is that it Clinton no longer matters, the entire political dynasty of the Clintons is now over. Trump destroyed them. Yet the only ones strangely who keep the Clintons relevant and current are actually Trump supporters who are still obsessed with comparing them to Trump.

Trumps actions and the actions of the Clintons are two separate issues, Trumps collusion with the Russians for example is a separate issue from Hilary’s piss poor handling of her emails. It detracts from the debate, trying to turn a debate about Trump into a debate about Clinton as this point is just deflection. On every debate about Trumps dealings with the Russians I can almost guarantee that there are a few who will utter the name “Clinton” in a attempt to turn the debate away from Trump and onto her and her husband.

If you truly support Trump and want to fight his corner then that is fine, but when you are doing this by turning everything into Clinton issue you are not actually doing anything to defend Trump only taking attention away from him for a fleeting moment. There are some very serious questions and debates to be had about Trumps dealings with the Russians, starting to ask off-topic questions of the Clintons during these debates only shows weakness in your arguments. It demonstrates that your on the ropes so you defect the blows by trying to make the issue Clinton.

There is one final annoyance in all of this.

Being anti-trump does not make one pro-Hilary, it does not even make someone a Democrat supporter or a leftist liberal.

I guess the whole point I am trying to make is that Trump supporters need to actually start engaging in the debates about Trump and stop distracting by trying to turn everything into a discussion about Clinton or left vs right and dismissing anything they don't like as fake news.

The issue is Trump, not Clinton

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ok so, just for some balance...Obama destroyed the Bush dynasty yet he and all of his and Hillary's minions blamed and pointed their fingers at him for years rather than taking responsibility for the economy, Iraq, Syria...lord the list is long...so I fail to see how your well written op is a relevant comparison.
edit on 21-7-2017 by BlueJacket because: sp

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
OK then what about Maxine :>)

+30 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Actually, Obama was the most polarizing....hence all the riots and stuff....remember those...every week.

I'd say the polarizing going on now is the media. And every Dem in the news pushing the Russia crap that STILL hasn't been proven.

Either way....freedom of speech and all that so just because you think Trump does what you say he does isn't a reason for me to believe you are correct, nor a reason to continue to be pissed that HRC is guilty as hell of mishandling top secret data yet plays dumb and gets away with it....

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Ok so, just for some balance...Obama destroyed the Bush dynasty yet he and all of his and Hillary's minions blamed and pointed their fingers at him for years rather than taking responsibility for the economy, Iraq, Syria...lord the list is long...so I fail to see how your well written op is a relevant comparison.

Uh the economy recovered very well under Obama after exploding during George W. Bush's term. It took awhile, as such recoveries are apt to do, but things were certainly better by the end of Obama's term.

Did you forget that the Financial Crisis of 2007-2008 was before Obama?
Perhaps you forgot the so-called Great Recession ended the summer of 2009 in the U.S.?
edit on 6Fri, 21 Jul 2017 06:55:46 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Again its deflection.

You have just basically replaced Hillary with Obama now.

I just find this extremely frustrating, Trump is the one who is being debated, he is the focus, stop deflecting by trying to make it about other political figures.

By all means you can talk about inherited problems or successes from the last administration and how Trump is handling them but this constant comparison is only a deflection of the very real scandals surrounding Trump.
edit on 21-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Uh the economy recovered very well under Obama after exploding during George W. Bush's term. It took awhile, as such recoveries are apt to do, but things were certainly better by the end of Obama's term.

Uhhh , I dont think anyone is talking about the economy,,,
I believe it is about the polarization of the US
Barack . is that you again ?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

That poster literally talked about the economy.

Obama destroyed the Bush dynasty yet he and all of his and Hillary's minions blamed and pointed their fingers at him for years rather than taking responsibility for the economy

Perhaps read the posts you respond to more thoroughly?
edit on 6Fri, 21 Jul 2017 06:57:55 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Maybe Trump supporters like putting Clinton supporters in a closed bottle and shake it all day long.

'What are you going to do about it, Klingon supporter', followed by shake the bottle.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

You miss the point...my point being liberals, Obama himself and the media blamed Bush consistently for 7 years for everything...it then disappeared with the beginning of the annointed Hillary's campaign announcement.

The Op and others have been beating the leave Hillary alone drum within a month of Trumps win. Solely an observation.

Im an independent moderate

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

The truth is that it Clinton no longer matters,

So we'll just pretend that the body count of 100 + doesn't matter, whats a life after all.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I really do appreciate your desire here and yes Trump has a bucket full of issues to contend with. I believe the comparisons are made not as deflections so much as just that...relative comparisons to better understand a situation contextually.
edit on 21-7-2017 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Greven

You miss the point...my point being liberals, Obama himself and the media blamed Bush consistently for 7 years for everything...it then disappeared with the beginning of the annointed Hillary's campaign announcement.

The Op and others have been beating the leave Hillary alone drum within a month of Trumps win. Solely an observation.

Im an independent moderate

Your point is illusory with regard to the economy. That is my point.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

ITS NOT ABOUT HILLARY!!!!

Don't you get it, most of us actually hate her almost as much as we hate Trump.

Feel free to bash her all you want, fine by me.

Whats pissing me off is how Hillary is being used for deflection rather than you lot directly addressing the issues at hand. its on almost every thread, the Hillary deflection.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I think the thing with Clinton is that she has gotten away with so many crimes and people don't want to forget that or it is hard too when fingers are being pointed. No matter what happens she should still have to face the music for them. I think people are just angry about that no matter what side of the playground they play on.

It just gets fused into the conversations. If she were the president now she would be sitting on a very hot seat herself.

I don't think it is so much people trying to deflect as it is they don't feel like that chapter has been directly dealt with and come to a proper final conclusion. Sort of like a dirty stinky shoe behind the couch that someone forgot about or missed during the spring clean. The stink still lingers.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I really do appreciate your desire here and yes Trump has a bucket full of issues to contend with. I believe the comparisons are made not as deflections so much as just that...relative comparisons to better understand a situation contextually.

thats a good point.

Yes sometimes a contextual comparison is fair such as saying under Trump the economy has grown/shrunk by x amount than under Obama or under trump there have been x amount of drone strikes compared to z amount under Obama. I think thats fair.

What I am talking about are the cries of "would you have preferred Clinton" or mid way through a debate on Trumps dealing with Russia the question is asked "What about Hillary...." in a attempt to deflect from the topic at hand.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well she is a sickly old Satanist, whose slept with and abused many mind control slaves, she's lazy, drunk and if she had won we'd be in a lot of trouble right now.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

That poster literally talked about the economy.

Obama destroyed the Bush dynasty yet he and all of his and Hillary's minions blamed and pointed their fingers at him for years rather than taking responsibility for the economy

Perhaps read the posts you respond to more thoroughly?

What do you not get about the first half of that statement about Dems blaming Bush for everything ? That is a direct relevance to polarization of this country. In fact , some of the first examples .

Perhaps a better than selective reading comprehension on your part? A little knowledge of the time frame ?
Youre not from around here , er ya ?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You said most of us didn't think it could get any worse than with Bush... You should speak for yourself because most of us were happier with with Bush than with clinton, and, it definitely did get worse - with obama. For eight years all we heard was Bush this and Bush that. Well, get ready for eight years of obama this and clinton that. Fair is Fair...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Whats pissing me off is how Hillary is being used for deflection rather than you lot directly addressing the issues at hand. its on almost every thread, the Hillary deflection.

Accept the issues because its the only issues that could be talked about right now.

Your current body cannot press keys on a keyboard when its a pile of radioactive dust floating through the air.

Remember what Putin said. Mid December was the nuke day for America if Hilary got into power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join