It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why modern liberals really hate Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Read the post again for comprehension

I am sorry but If I read something that stupid to many times I fear I may lose some of those valued brain cells.

I keep myself in good shape. Do you even lift?

On a thread about "why the left hates Trump" the OP wants to know how I keep myself in shape.....

ohhh dear.

It seems you are already there because you missed the meaning. You said I must be pretty shallow and I confirmed that I am, and asked if you did the same.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

A lot of it has to do with a false sense of elitism. Trump represents everything they hate about themselves.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So...no chance anybody can not like him because of his politics?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm not a modern Liberal, but this bloke your describing, whoever he is, I hate him.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Lol, you are like a parody of misogyny (if such a thing was possible).

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

They can, it's just that it is rare:

A Gallup poll released Thursday found 65% of those who disapprove of the President do so because of his characteristics and personality. About 16% disapprove of Trump because of his specific policies, and 12% disapprove of him for more broad reasons, the poll said.

People Who Don't Like President Trump Dislike His Personality More Than His Politics

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

A lot of it has to do with a false sense of elitism. Trump represents everything they hate about themselves.

This sounds like projection for the sake of fomenting the 'other' mindset that allows one to view human beings as something less - something easier to mindlessly hate.

Although I can't speak for others, I hate him because he is an individual with repugnant values/morals/ethics and a charlatan.

Those aren't qualities I secretly hate in myself (though I do have qualities I dislike in myself). I have and continue to give to charities, to volunteer my time to charitable causes, to strive to reduce/limit/eliminate my misogynistic tendencies, to stand by the words that I say, and to try and judge all individuals equally regardless of nationality/religion/background. How is it surprising that I strongly dislike someone who I feel lacks the very qualities I strive for in myself?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

it isn't surprising. But that's how you foment the "other" mindset, which usually includes demonizing people you have zero relationship with.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Nope. Never happens.

It's strictly because he's a man, successful, alpha-beta whatever, money money money. Or something like that.

Couldn't be because of his idiotic actions and asinine ideas. That's unfathomable..

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yea. It's odd how "character" was a good reason to dislike Clinton. Or rather, her total lack of character was.

But when it's Trump, it's worthy of derision to not like him because of his character.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yea. It's odd how "character" was a good reason to dislike Clinton. Or rather, her total lack of character was.

But when it's Trump, it's worthy of derision to not like him because of his character.

Trump did campaign on his lack of character.

So there's that I guess.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
As a Brit, I didn’t mind Trump. I thought maybe his bravado approach might be what America needed. Having said that, it's threads like these that make me hate him a little more.

Most of the qualities you listed are serious red flags of a rotten human being, regardless of political leaning. I've never ascribed myself to any left/right partisanship because I think it obscures the real issues, but this type of thread really doesn't do Trump any favours.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Did you try asking some liberals, instead of just making up a totally inaccurate list?

Or were you too busy fellating Trump to care?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Why modern Liberals really hate Trump.

Actually the main reason is because the media and Facebook tells them to hate Trump.
The liberal screams over Trump building the wall is a great example, because I never heard anyone mention this when others built a wall or fence.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Did you try asking some liberals, instead of just making up a totally inaccurate list?

Or were you too busy fellating Trump to care?

I'll guess it was the second option.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Nope. Never happens.

It's strictly because he's a man, successful, alpha-beta whatever, money money money. Or something like that.

Couldn't be because of his idiotic actions and asinine ideas. That's unfathomable..

How does "idiotic actions and asinine ideas" equal politics and not character? It doesn't.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Actually the main reason is because the media and Facebook tells them to hate Trump.
The liberal screams over Trump building the wall is a great example, because I never heard anyone mention this when others built a wall or fence.

The effects of propaganda on the emotions and thinking of the haters is likely the main reason. That and the resulting group think have led to such issues as post election stress disorder in our overly-emotional and mentally-invested friends.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Nope. Never happens.

How does "idiotic actions and asinine ideas" equal politics and not character? It doesn't.

Because he's the highest politician in the land. When he farts it's political. As with every other president.

Something Trump hasn't been told yet and something it seems you're just realizing.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Because he's the highest politician in the land. When he farts it's political. As with every other president.

Something Trump hasn't been told yet and something it seems you're just realizing.

That's simply untrue, which is a fact I doubt you're unwilling to admit.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

That's simply untrue, which is a fact I doubt you're unwilling to admit.

It's untrue a politicians actions and ideas will be judged politically?

Ummm...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join