It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomy Feeling suddenly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This is probably of no interest to anyone. I just feel the need to express it somewhere, get it out, and maybe even have a record of it in case...

I often wake up at three or four in the morning with amazing insights, as if I am being taught in the night. If there is anything I am working on during the day, the answer comes at the time with perfect clarity.

Though this sounds awesome, the problem is that no matter how clear the answers seem at that time, actually doing what is called for, or retaining the same perspective the next day turns out to be often impossible. My emotional attachments, insecurities, influence of others, etc. Sort of get in the way.

But last night I woke up at that time in something of an anxiety attack. That was the best way I could describe it. I was sure I had just become aware of something really really horrible that is going to happen. I don't know what though. It was so bad, I got up and decided to take a Xanax to calm me down. -Only I couldn't find them. I had been prescribed that many weeks ago for stress, and only took it twice.

Now, I was under an enormous amount of stress for many months, because of my job, then I quit a couple weeks ago.
I immediately went on a mission to heal and balance myself. I am spending my days getting exercise in nature, doing yoga, meditating daily, eating only raw nutritious foods, cutting out coffee, alcohol, and cigarettes (which I had recently taken up again at work). I've actually been feeling GREAT this last week. I feel like I am getting in touch with my body (and those around me) again.

So I almost wonder if this isn't some sort of backlash from making so much progress so quickly? Like perhaps my subconscious simply letting go of a lot of pent up discomfort. I have lots of ways I could rationalize this as a normal psychological function related to my current spiritual state.

But
I cannot let go of the feeling today, that something BIG is about to happen! I mean, maybe not even just in my life, but of wider consequence?
I might be wrong. Everything else in my life seems to be perfect at the moment, I have no reason to expect any problems at this moment.
I still am feeling extremely doomy and anxious today.....Since I have had this happen in the past right before some important events (like the earthquake in Japan and accident at Fukushima) I'm just posting this as record in case.

Has anyone else had any similar feelings lately?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Too much good stuff at one time , and the body goes 'Hold on , gotta catch up"
Keep going....
Possible normal reaction as the psyche changes....

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Sounds like every morning for me.

Except where I live the only pills they give you are go away pills. I've been so stressed these past few years, I'm back to self medicating with cheap plonk. only way to sleep at all, and then the groundhog bs starts all over.

I hope you can wake with better thoughts soon. it is a terrible thing to have it as a constant, the impending gloom that sets your heart racing, over nothing. I know so many people in the US who can just get xanax or klonopin when they want. yet here in Australia, they tell you to go fishing.

so slainte ! salute ! skoll ! yám būi ! bottoms up ! and cheers !! from a disaster once known as man who was half way sane. :/

may the bad things never happen but may we never forget bad things happen...
edit on 21/7/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Rome is falling- it won't be pretty when the rotten support beams let go.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

It's happening to a lot of people. Please don't feel that you're alone. Just try to stay as positive as you can while this is happening. If you truly feel you are being taught during the night by some unseen force, then it is completely plausible that an equal opposing energy or force is attempting to block that information from being fully comprehended by your conscious mind.

I refer to it as receiving "downloads", because that's essentially what they are. The information is there, but it takes focus and energy to process it. When something interrupts that process, it is typically negative and typically manifests as panic, anxiety or fear and doubt...and it's severe. When that happens to me, I blast the most uplifting music I can find, and willfully turn my focus to the positive.

It's not easy, either. Some days I feel it's the most difficult thing I've ever been faced with. Talking about it helps, but it is not beneficial if the person I'm talking to doesn't believe what is happening is real...so I spend a lot of time alone trying to deal with all of this. That's probably not ideal, but we have to play the cards we are dealt sometimes, even if they suck. You can always talk to me if you need. I'll listen. Even if my methods don't work for you, if there's any way I can help, please let me know.

Stay strong, no matter what. That's the most important thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
"I cannot let go of the feeling today, that something BIG is about to happen! I mean, maybe not even just in my life, but of wider consequence?
I might be wrong. Everything else in my life seems to be perfect at the moment, I have no reason to expect any problems at this moment.
I still am feeling extremely doomy and anxious today"

I think the current political and world climate is ......less than comforting not knowing what direction we are going. North
Korea, Israel, Syria and Iran.

Could be your lack of work is providing too much free inventive time. Then the mind altering medications? Then too, your country is under a lot of turmoil to be sure. Not the best climate for serenity... Hope you overcome these feelings that so plague you.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I oddly could have wrote something similar.

I work hard on my body but hurt a lot and yet keep going.

I do not and have not slept good in a very long time. But I honestly get the feeling of inspiration or education at night and then when I wake up groggy its gone...

I am curious to how this goes if you figure this out though.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
These "doomy" feelings can be quite disturbing- I was just thinking about why I might experience them just yesterday, and after just a wee bit of contemplation came to the conclusion that it is my fear of death/dying that may be driving them. If I focus too much on how fragile our existence is and how short our time here on Earth is (at least in our present state of matter), it can become overwhelming and frightening.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
Now, I was under an enormous amount of stress for many months, because of my job, then I quit a couple weeks ago.
I immediately went on a mission to heal and balance myself. I am spending my days getting exercise in nature, doing yoga, meditating daily, eating only raw nutritious foods, cutting out coffee, alcohol, and cigarettes (which I had recently taken up again at work). I've actually been feeling GREAT this last week. I feel like I am getting in touch with my body (and those around me) again.

So I almost wonder if this isn't some sort of backlash from making so much progress so quickly? Like perhaps my subconscious simply letting go of a lot of pent up discomfort. I have lots of ways I could rationalize this as a normal psychological function related to my current spiritual state.

i think that all sounds really normal. your mental/emotional state isn't something that just flips from bad to good, a certain amount of back and forth is normal, especially if you've been stressed out over a long period of time.

sometimes if i get really anxious at a particular time it's because there's stuff i'm avoiding thinking about. sometimes it's just getting up on the REALLY wrong side of the bed. but either way.. i think it's just a normal part of being a person.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

It's happening to a lot of people. Please don't feel that you're alone. Just try to stay as positive as you can while this is happening. If you truly feel you are being taught during the night by some unseen force, then it is completely plausible that an equal opposing energy or force is attempting to block that information from being fully comprehended by your conscious mind.

I refer to it as receiving "downloads", because that's essentially what they are. The information is there, but it takes focus and energy to process it. When something interrupts that process, it is typically negative and typically manifests as panic, anxiety or fear and doubt...and it's severe. When that happens to me, I blast the most uplifting music I can find, and willfully turn my focus to the positive.

It's not easy, either. Some days I feel it's the most difficult thing I've ever been faced with. Talking about it helps, but it is not beneficial if the person I'm talking to doesn't believe what is happening is real...so I spend a lot of time alone trying to deal with all of this. That's probably not ideal, but we have to play the cards we are dealt sometimes, even if they suck. You can always talk to me if you need. I'll listen. Even if my methods don't work for you, if there's any way I can help, please let me know.

Stay strong, no matter what. That's the most important thing.

I have been feeling this way for awhile now. I feel that the crescendo is very near... the world seems to be spinning out of control, right in front of our eyes. I think our dogs, cats and farm animals are all feeling it as well. Animals sense things; our animals have all been acting a bit bat-crap crazy.

Tiger is right. These feelings are very real... and talking about them can help.

The truly important thing, the most crucial thing, is to keep a light heart.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Last couple of weeks have had a lot of stress, so if there was something coming, I might miss it. At least you have it posted, in case something does happen.

I would advice looking at various areas of your life though, to see if you missed something that could be going wrong. Just in case.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Take more drugs [ why do you think god invented them ]

down loads of cheap French plonk and soon that doomy feeling will go away to be replaced by the what did i get up to last night feeling

Do that a few times and all memory of that doomy feeling is forgotten

ps you are welcome

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Earth has entered a high frequency area of the universe. The worst area for bassheads.

The kick drum in my chest feels weird tonight. First time in my life? Heart attack? If Im lucky it'll do its job.

High frequency = Satan
Low frequency = God

It may not make sense yet, just remember it.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

If it scares you it increases your awareness. If you usually get helpful insights than I would think it's a preparation for a slightly less positive insight ahead. It's just for you, you are the main character in your story, so my guess is
you need to face some dark specs on your psyche, after the body gets cleaner, your mind wants to catch up.
Maybe just some attachment to emotionally draining ballast?

a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

Cute. I love how you people are persisting. It's bs. All of it, the frequency crap and the god/devil fantasy.

edit on 22-7-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
its going to be all rights guys. Stop surrounding yourself in all the noise and take a break. This stuff has been going on for a long time. There is a world out there thats actually pretty nice. Get off your phone and go see it. Relax. Being on the net all the time is no way to exist.

i take a lot of breaks from this stuff i am just hot right now so i am running with it.

when your blue just tell yourself.... at least Hillary didnt get elected.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Recommend you start a 'dream diary'. Keep a notepad and pen by your bedside. WHENEVER you wake up immediately jot down whatever is in your mind. Even if nothing --- just write nothing. This cultivates the subconscious/conscious link. You'll be amazed at what happens as the floodgates open.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
THanks for the input everyon! I am reading it, and just sitting with the suggestions to see how they simmer.

I had another very troubling night last night. I woke up in the middle of the night with this strange experience like I just entered this body for the first time! Like looking over the whole history and past of this body for the first time. The feeling of being so detached from my own history was very disturbing. I have never had this before.

The rest of the time, during the day, I doing exceptionally well. Like almost freakishly well? Not being manic or anything, but like I quit smoking overnight and have not suffered one moment! I am not eating more - on the contrary. I am not grouchy or irritable. I am not taking any meds either.

I am getting so much done! Painting rooms in the house, redoing the garden, doing weight lifting and yoga at various times of the day. I suddenly make my bed perfectly as soon as I get up. -This is really out of character for me!! I am kinda messy - I usually don't make the bed, and if I do, it's just sorta pulling the covers up over the messed up sheets as quick as I can.

But no, now I am quietly making it perfectly like a ritual upon waking.
Don't get me wrong - these are good changes! I'm just realizing they are very radical and too quick. Especially since I am not making any effort or had any intent of such changes.

I keep having the phrase come up in mind to follow beauty wherever I see it. So I am sorta doing that, and ending up with really good luck in finding stuff I need?

I don't know why I am equating these positive changes during the day with the weird anxiety ridden moments in the night. The contrast seems telling somehow.

I guess this morning, that sensation of being in this container body for the first time is making me look at this other positive behavior as if a new person has entered my body! Jesus, maybe I'm psychotic.

Yesterday our big radio and tv antenna for our region (that we live almost right under) was sabotaged by some sort of anarchist group, and all tv, radio, and the biggest telephone server was out. Luckily we have a different server so still had our cell phones and internet, but I admit I started wondering if the "something" was happening !

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Those anti anxiety med's are dangerous. They mess with your head and are highly addictive.

The best cure for anxiety is deep meditation and it's not easy. But by sitting still and telling your inner voice to shut up...let all the noises in the backround be. Sit and keep telling your inner voice to shutup.

More importantly, don't just sit for ten minutes...take at least 90 minutes to just sit and be. It sounds like new age goobleygock, but the more you apply the practice of meditation, the less anxiety you will have.

Yes something big is going to happen. The damn ice sheets are melting fast...The computer models are probably wrong. It can happen a helluva lot faster once that frozen methane starts to go...were in for a fun one.

From a spiritual perspective...I have never felt truly happy. I've always felt conflicted. The concept of garbage is appalling to me.

I observed a happy couple eating frozen yogurt with plastic spoons, I opened plastic stuff today...how can we simply say it's okay to do what we are doing when we know it is wrong?

In the grand scheme of things, the only thing we can do is wait till mother nature gives all of humanity the spanking it deserves.

Clear your head. Meditate, don't get high on the idea of englightenment. Just try to shut off the inner dialogue and let the world around you make a bunch of noise. It is what it is and will be, you are part of it.

top topics

join