It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is North Korea getting ready to launch a nuclear missile test from a submarine?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hello.

www.thesun.co.uk...

NEW satellite images of North Korea bases appear to show the power hungry state gearing up for a game-changing nuclear missile test – this time from a submarine.  

The satellite pictures show a SINPO-class submarine, which is designed to launch ballistic missiles, in the Sinpo South shipyard in the east of the secretive state.

But North Korean watchers 38North, which monitors military activity in the Stalinist country, has spotted changes on the boat and the facility it is docked in.

The analysts believe satellite images indicate preparations for a major operation.

Its report states: “While the precise reason for this movement is unclear, one possibility is that it may have been long-term preparations for the recently reported voyage or an upcoming missile test.”

I think this is a bit concerning. I have no doubt our navy can easily stop NK from getting anywhere near the US but what if they launched a nuke at an aircraft carrier or at one of our allies in the region?

Some think we are underestimating NK and I tend to agree.

edit on 20-7-2017 by uwontbelievethis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: uwontbelievethis

Can old diesel WWII submarines launch nuke tipped liquid propellant missiles?

Doubt it.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't even believe North Korea is real.
It's a international off-limits joint base for off world business.
The whole NK thing is just a fake boggy-man idea. It's all photoshop and stuff, nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

In a word, no.

They are building a submarine manufacturing base but their current subs can't launch such heavy ordinance. Their ICBM has not been tested with payload.

Subs with normal bombs is about all they can do but not their nukes.

But they're trying real hard to solve that problem which is the issue.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Maybe not but nobody thought they could launch a ICBM either. If they find a way to attach the warhead do you think they will hesitate to use it against the US?

That's what I mean about underestimating the bastards.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Lunching an ICBM is half the battle. "landing" it where you want is all that matters.

They're not a threat yet.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

In a word, no.

They are building a submarine manufacturing base but their current subs can't launch such heavy ordinance. Their ICBM has not been tested with payload.

Subs with normal bombs is about all they can do but not their nukes.

But they're trying real hard to solve that problem which is the issue.

How do we know they haven't already solved this problem? We should find out whenever this test takes place.

It looks like once again, NK proved it does not respond to sanctions and lots of talking I wonder when Washington will take this threat seriously? After one of our cities gets nuked? Or our troops in the Korean Peninsula?

Our politicians need to wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: uwontbelievethis
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Maybe not but nobody thought they could launch a ICBM either. If they find a way to attach the warhead do you think they will hesitate to use it against the US?

That's what I mean about underestimating the bastards.

Good point! North Korea is getting "brain help" from some country, which is why they're able to leap-frog and surprise everyone from time to time.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Here is some more info in case anyone wants to learn about North Korean subs and missile capabilities for their subs.

www.hisutton.com...

nationalinterest.org...

They have been at it now for years. The tests have been limited to ejector tests, not actual launches. Those would be illegal anyways according to the UN.

They will probably launch and be successful at it. Then South Korea puts up a high altitude missile defense systems in response which makes China and Russia protest. Then they invade North Korean to end the threat FOR South Korea.

Then, either a world war or a North Korean conquest by China is the consequence.

edit on 7 20 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is encouraging... The head of the CIA is advocating a Regime Change in North Korea.

""It would be a great thing to denuclearize the peninsula, to get those weapons off of that, but the thing that is most dangerous about it is the character who holds the control over them today," Pompeo said in a discussion moderated by conservative New York Times columnist Bret Stephens at the Aspen Security Forum.""

Source: www.cnn.com...

IMO, if anyone can remove Kim Jong from power, or from the face of the Earth completely, with a minimal loss of life, it's the Central Intelligence Agency.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This is encouraging... The head of the CIA is advocating a Regime Change in North Korea.

""It would be a great thing to denuclearize the peninsula, to get those weapons off of that, but the thing that is most dangerous about it is the character who holds the control over them today," Pompeo said in a discussion moderated by conservative New York Times columnist Bret Stephens at the Aspen Security Forum.""

Source: www.cnn.com...

IMO, if anyone can remove Kim Jong from power, or from the face of the Earth completely, with a minimal loss of life, it's the Central Intelligence Agency.

So the CIA wants regime change. Do they know something we don't? Just how close is NK to nuking us? Who was it in the Trump Administration that said if the American people knew what they knew, no one would want to get out of bed (Mattis?).

Oh to be a fly on the wall during Trump's national security briefings.

It's dangerous to underestimate Lil' Kim. To do so could cost millions of lives.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

The ICBM test was two stages and launched the misile into the the Japan Sea.

There was no heavy payload involved. Uranium is heavier than gold which throws the balance of a nuke launched missile off from no payload.

Subs... not yet. ICBMs.. not yet. But they're trying, which is the scary part.

I'm in Alaska where their ICBMs might reach. Not scared at all! It is all "testing" phase. And we should nip it in the bud!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: dianajune.........And we should nip it in the bud!

True, we should nip this problem in the bud before it's too late. But I'm not convinced that our politicians in Washington are taking this seriously. If they keep giving sanctions and insist on empty talks ad nauseum, NK will perfect its nuclear weapons program if they haven't already.

Then it's game over.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I agree, practice makes perfect. Nobody is doing much to stop them.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: uwontbelievethis

I agree, practice makes perfect. Nobody is doing much to stop them.

There's many reasons why you don't. Like I listed above, their capabilities are limited and will be until they leap some hurdles.

Also, nobody wants North Korea to pop off, including China. What do we do if we conquer them? Unify Korea and decimate the south' s economy?

Or, we keep them divided and China gets refugees. Everyone is playing ball to keep North Korea "stable".

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I stopped reading at. " the power hungry state"

What is America then if they are?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
It's dangerous to underestimate Lil' Kim. To do so could cost millions of lives.

It's also dangerous to underestimate what the United States is capable of doing to another country that tries to launch a nuke at it.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hey NK , do it
Launch hatch doesnt open
NK missing one missile and one submarine

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I hope so . I'm tired of waiting.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I like how at one point every had their eyes glued to lil' Kim whenever he did something.

Now he dont get much attention at all

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join