It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat who Opposed Welfare Fraud Reforms Busted for Food Stamp Fraud

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Another day, another story about Democrats that lost their way to corruption and habitual lying.

This time it's an Arizona State Democrat politician that has lost it.

Representative Cecilia Velasquez was fighting hard against welfare reform (to fight theft etc).

!! Turns out she had a good reason !!

Democrat who Opposed Welfare Fraud Reforms Busted for Food Stamp Fraud

Do as I say, not as I do. That’s been the leftist mantra for decades.

Leftists proselytize endlessly on what Americans should do, as they themselves do the opposite. Show me your vice, and I will show you a long line of leftists practicing moral relativity matched only by their moral inferiority complexes.

So when I found a Democrat who actually fought for what she stood for, I took notice. As it turns out Arizona State Rep. Cecilia Velasquez fought against protections to combat welfare fraud. And for good reason, as Velasquez has been indicted on felony charges of defrauding the food stamp program.

According to the indictment unsealed earlier this week, state Rep. Cecilia Velasquez was charged with three felony counts: unlawful use of food stamps, fraudulent schemes and practices, and theft.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security began investigating Velasquez in 2014. According to the Arizona DES, Velasquez fraudulently used $1,726 worth of food stamps between 2013 and 2015.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It wasn't her fault, it was the RUSSIAN'S !!!

They hacked into the Food Stamp system and then ...... RUSSIAN'S !!!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Well, the Russians could use some food. Their country is crumbling and falling apart from rampant corruption. It's why they're becoming more aggressive and desperate, trying to destabilize the West.
edit on 20-7-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Well, the Russians could use some food. Their country is crumbling and falling apart from rampant corruption. It's why they're becoming more aggressive and desperate, trying to destabilize the West.

Our country is falling apart too, wonder why?

And if is always great to see justice served. No matter if the "perp" has an R or a D.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I see you have been drinking the western MSM cool-aid ... Russia is in very good shape economically .The US not so much . ETA a little reading for anyone interested

Taking the extraordinary USA and EU economic sanctions against Russia and low oil prices since 2014 into account, Russia’s economic outlook looks excellent going forward while that of Trump’s America looks bleak, to put it mildly. Paraphrasing the memorable 1992 Presidential candidates debate between a then-young William Jefferson Clinton and George H.W. Bush, “It’s the debt, stupid.” journal-neo.org...

edit on 20-7-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Then we should be giving the Russians some food stamps.
Hell...we already give them to millions of illegal foreigners now, what's a few more million?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Wow, this is an old story.
www.abc15.com...

Officials have said Velasquez falsely claimed she had two dependents, gave a false address and allowed two other people to use her food stamp benefit card.

Her attorney has said there was only one dependent at issue, a daughter who Hernandez falsely claimed still lived with her.

She dropped her re-election bid after being indicted.

She's clearly not missed many meals, so the food stamp program is obviously working!

*Bonus* footage of the man "running against her"

Sorry, quirky type of humor day.
edit on 20-7-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

On the contrary. Russia has single payer universal health coverage. Russia has low cost university. Russia has low cost public housing. Russia makes America look 3rd world.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I see you have been drinking the western MSM cool-aid ... Russia is in very good shape economically .The US not so much . ETA a little reading for anyone interested

Anywhere is up when Russia's adjusted 2016 GDP PPP is behind that of Greece or GDP barely above South Korea.

Or to put in perspective their Federal budget is just US$ 50b above that of California's State budget...

Their first positive quarter since Q4 2015 (with a shoddy zero point 2%) was Q4 2016 (with a blistering zero point 3%) growth.

An average inflation rate of 4.1% and interest rates lowered near 9.5%...

Some handy investment pages

Russia economy boils down to Europe's gas station...(hint: Syria and pipeline prospects Russia can't allow..)

To the OP's post, I hope they charge her with everything in the book.

mg

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

She really looks like she could use those food stamps. Your tax dollars hard at work!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Russia makes America look 3rd world.

...because the government has to provide the teats to distribute other's earnings for someone to be first world, ya? Russian "universal health coverage" is a totally broken system and Russians able to do so avoid it like the plague, buying private insurance and paying out the nose to see private doctors for real care. Russia low cost housing is only there presently because Moscow put their intent of demolishing the 8,000 Soviet Era Khrushchyovka high density ghetto dorms on hold after constructing replacement buildings for the 1.6 million Russians expected to be displaced when the tenement buildings are torn down. In other words, they made a glut and decided to put people in them cheaply for the time being instead of having empty buildings sitting around. Russia's universities? LMAO they have one in the top 300 list of world university rankings, Moscow University. www.shanghairanking.com... The USA has 15 of the top 20 www.shanghairanking.com... and 50 in the top 100 www.shanghairanking.com... You get what you pay for, education is no exception.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

No cupcake left behind.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

According to the Arizona DES, Velasquez fraudulently used $1,726 worth of food stamps between 2013 and 2015.

she's a state legislator and she gets caught scraping off the top thieving the US government of food stamp $$$

She should be barred from working for the public ever again.. make an example out of this soulless bitch

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
Yep . Russians definitely are moving into good position .

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Kettu

Then we should be giving the Russians some food stamps.
Hell...we already give them to millions of illegal foreigners now, what's a few more million?

This is already happening over where I live. Russian ladies standing on line at the food stamp office in their Gucci sunglasses and Prada purses.
The lady buying groceries at the supermarket with her snap card, and then loading her X5 with said groceries.
Staten Island, NY. Gotta love it...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It seems she got on the food stamp program while with out a job and after health problems, then didn't notify the Arizona Department of Economic Services when she got a job. This led to her illegally receiving $1,726 of assistance.

The felony charges were dropped and she pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor, paid back the $1,726 and has (or had) to serve 100 hours of community service.
edit on 7Fri, 21 Jul 2017 07:17:50 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I wonder if there would be less fraud if food stamps were restricted to only fresh food. You know...produce, meat. As it is I work at a store and see people buy 400 dollars worth of candy bars, frozen dinners, chips and six packs of red bull and soda on a daily basis. On food stamps cards. As they talk on their brand new Iphones.
edit on 22-7-2017 by ilikenotebooks because: edit

new topics

top topics

join