It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I left Freemasonry in 2016, and I am happy to discuss the subject.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Every Scottish Rite mason is a 32nd, with a few becoming KCCH, and then, more fewer 33rds. The ones that get the 33rd

I thought degrees past the third was a myth? A few masons told me this when I was at the lodge. I heard theories about the 32nd and 33rd but, most masons I encountered dismissed it. But I guess this also depends on the lodge as you put it.

I met a moor a few years back who claimed that freemasonry stole their knowledge. He also claimed to be part of the African masonry and that he was above the 40th degree. Not sure how true this is but if you have some knowledge on what he meant I would appreciate the info. (Cause im curious)

But least now I know the 32nd and 33rd is not a myth.

Thanks for replying the way you did. I truly appreciate that. Much respect

Ill browse that link you posted .

edit on rd2017000000Sundayrd000000Sun, 23 Jul 2017 23:37:57 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 23 Jul 2017 23:37:57 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

Can any mason here define " the craft " in operative terms , and the manner in which it is performed .

And also define being "raised" , is this the point of finishing the spirit work or starting it. Or have i asked things that can't be explained unless experienced ? Thanks for everyone's time .

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH
Like any organization, there are bad apples. However, anti-Masons and conspiracy theorists seem to think that somehow all those bad apples made it to the "top."

Calling someone a "good man" is not code for "Mason." This is another example of the conjecture you use.

a reply to: SoulSurfer
There are a number of degrees, orders, and grades that one may join or be invited to outside of the Blue Lodge. But, those degrees, orders, and grades are concordant not superior. Here's a list of the one's I can remember off the top of my head:

• Royal Arch Masons
  • Cryptic Masons
  • Knights Templar
  • York Rite College
  • Red Cross of Constantine
  • Knight Masons
  • Commemorative Order of St. Thomas of Acon
  • Sovereign Order of Knights Preceptor
  • Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite
  • Royal Order of Scotland
  • Allied Masonic Degrees
  • Ye Antient Order of the Corks
  • Masonic Order of the Bath
  • Royal Order of the Masonic Knights of the Scarlet Cord
  • Knights of the York Cross of Honor
  • Masonic Order of Athelstan
  • Shriners International
  • Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm (Grotto)
  • Tall Cedars of Lebanon
  • Rectified Scottish Rite (Chevaliers Bienfasants de la Cite Sainte)
  • Swedish Rite
  • Holy Royal Arch Knights Templar Priests
  • The Operatives
  • Universal Craftsmen Council of Engineers
  • Royal Society of Knights Occidental
  • August Order of Light
  • Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis

Then there is a number of research groups like the Philalethes Society, the Masonic Society, and the Grand College of Rites

I met a moor a few years back who claimed that freemasonry stole their knowledge. He also claimed to be part of the African masonry and that he was above the 40th degree.

Kemetic revisionism.

a reply to: UpLateWakingUp
Craft: www.masonicdictionary.com...

Raised: www.masonicdictionary.com...

If you need more clarification, please ask.
edit on 24-7-2017 by KSigMason because: Formatting and added groups

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
But, you "won't" tell me anything, because you've sworn a bunch of oaths, to have your tongue taken out, heart ripped from your chest, and bowels extracted from your gut and cast into the sea, should you reveal the secret things you learn in lodge, and these are not just a bunch of passwords.

Blah, blah, blah. What do you want to know so bad? Go ahead, ask.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: HorizonFall
Alright what is the purpose of those passwords? What information is there to hide if you're a transparent organization of simple philanthropists?

In a time when people were persecuted or frowned upon for being a Mason it was a manner of recognizing and determining if someone else were a member. You could use the grip and word to 'try' them which would reveal if they were in fact a Mason.

Now, with people having car decals, rings or other paraphernalia you just ask. I don't think I ever slapped a grip on someone to figure out of they were a Mason. There's a couple of questions we use that make it fairly easy to figure out if they are and which lodge they are part of.

What is the point of Freemasonry in the modern world and why so much taboo and secrecy?

Again, other than the passwords and grips there are no secrets.

This is why people question your motives...

I don't really care if someone questions my motives, I don't lead my life worried about how strangers perceive me for being a member of a fraternity. If they have an issue that is their problem to address.

...especially those of the 33rd degree and beyond.

There is no 'beyond' and the 33rd degree is only relative if you are in the Scottish Rite.

People don't understand your inherent purpose because there doesn't seem to be a concrete definition of what a mason is or does.

The Masons are a charitable fraternity that focuses on self improvement.

And better yet, why is the one condition of joining that you must ascribe to some preset belief system of a creator deity?

Because the lessons in Regular Masonry revolve around belief in a Supreme Being. There are other non-recognized Masonic groups that permit Atheists.

edit on 24-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

No mason can answer that !

Guess you were wrong about that. But like I said, you enjoy making things up. Must be a character flaw.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I cannot help but be sympathetic and somewhat amused at your plight here; all these experts on your craft telling you these bizarre things you’ve never heard of.

I used to give a crap, now I embrace all the baby-eating nonsense because I find it humorous. The only things that I find pathetic are the outright fabrications like the above two posters enjoy making which are easily disproved.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
....now I embrace all the baby-eating nonsense because I find it humorous.

Shh! SSSH!

Don't tell them about Tuesdays! Or the secret Indian Leg-wrestling handshake.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

What I meant to say is we don't eat babies. Ever. Not even in the kill room at our pizza chain franchise. Especially not there.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As if you would really tell us about the" human veal " bbq parties

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I did, I just think you had one too many bourbons that night and forgotti.

edit on 24-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason

Calling someone a "good man" is not code for "Mason." This is another example of the conjecture you use.

Sure it is.

Freemasonry makes "good men better."

That immediately implies that you must start with a "good man".

So, only a "good man" can enter Freemasonry.

All Freemasons are therefore "good men" by definition.

That's why the term "a good man" is used to identify and flag a person as a "mason."

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You miss this post chiefy? Or do you want to keep pretending no one's allowed to answer your questions?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
a reply to: network dude

Every Scottish Rite mason is a 32nd, with a few becoming KCCH, and then, more fewer 33rds. The ones that get the 33rd

I thought degrees past the third was a myth? A few masons told me this when I was at the lodge. I heard theories about the 32nd and 33rd but, most masons I encountered dismissed it. But I guess this also depends on the lodge as you put it.

I met a moor a few years back who claimed that freemasonry stole their knowledge. He also claimed to be part of the African masonry and that he was above the 40th degree. Not sure how true this is but if you have some knowledge on what he meant I would appreciate the info. (Cause im curious)

But least now I know the 32nd and 33rd is not a myth.

Thanks for replying the way you did. I truly appreciate that. Much respect

Ill browse that link you posted .

Regular masonry consists of the Blue Lodge, then there are a few other groups that require you to be a mason to join, like the Scottish Rite, York Rite, and Shrine. There are others, but the Scottish Rite is the only one that uses degree numbers as far as I know.

There is a group that is considered "clandestine" called Memphis Misriam. link where they degrees go up to the high 90's but in reading my link, a guy signs his paper as a 100th degree.

My main point is that degrees don't make a mason a "high level", I am a 32nd and consider myself a pee-on. Being active and having the sickness of not being able to say "no", is what gets you into all the other clubs, and I suppose would make you a "high level" mason, although I don't believe in that term. Our most important tenet is that we all meet "on the level", meaning that none of us are any better than the other, regardless of job, title, or wealth.

Oh, and Obama ins't a mason for anyone who may think he is. The last president who was, was Gerald Ford, and he was a 33rd in the Scottish Rite.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason

Sure it is.

Freemasonry makes "good men better."

That immediately implies that you must start with a "good man".

So, only a "good man" can enter Freemasonry.

All Freemasons are therefore "good men" by definition.

That's why the term "a good man" is used to identify and flag a person as a "mason."

Please tell me you are trolling and not really this thick. You seem like an intelligent person in other posts, this one seems to not fit the mold at all.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

But, you "won't" tell me anything, because you've sworn a bunch of oaths, to have your tongue taken out, heart ripped from your chest, and bowels extracted from your gut and cast into the sea, should you reveal the secret things you learn in lodge, and these are not just a bunch of passwords.

Blah, blah, blah. What do you want to know so bad? Go ahead, ask.

Ok. How does a mason get paid his "wages" for being a "Master Mason" ?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Ok. How does a mason get paid his "wages" for being a "Master Mason" ?

There are no physical wages in a modern Masonic lodge, except for the Treasurer and Secretary who receive a small annual stipend, it is a metaphorical use of the term for when Operative Masons received actual wages for labor performed.

"To pay their wages, if any be due..."

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I did, I just think you had one too many bourbons that night and forgotti.

If I had a dollar for everytime someone told me that....

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You are still as slick as Teflon my friend.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You're assuming that because we use "good men" in a slogan that anytime someone uses "good man" it implies a Masonic connection. You need to go take some courses on logic and reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join