It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I left Freemasonry in 2016, and I am happy to discuss the subject.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
Hey, I'm just your average guy.

Sorry to here that Average Man, enjoy being mediocre.

I think you're pissed that I seem to know all about Freemasonry, and yet, I haven't claimed to be a Mason, and you clearly know nothing, and are pretending some relation to real Masons.

Pissed? You continually get schooled in this thread about what you don't know after pretending that you do know. Pissed? You provide me with laughs and smiles my Average Man. Plenty of them.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
It's hard work, but it looks nice when a project is complete. Especially when they use decorative brick.

I agree, the guys who rebuilt one of the chimneys on my
house did a great job using different colored bricks and step outs/ins.

You all get some pretty cool jewelry too. Do you all have private jeweler?

I ordered mine from a local jewelry store but there is someone in my lodge who is a jeweler.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
You sound like a bitter little man (?) who just cant seem to find his way in life and is all jelly of other people who may be better off, regardless of how they got there. Maybe your church can throw you a can or two of Alpo if you sit through a few insufferable sermons.

Hey, I'm just your average guy. No better off, nor worse off, than the average person. I am that I am. I need be no one else but me. I know where I came from, and I know where I'm going. I need no guiding light. I think you're pissed that I seem to know all about Freemasonry, and yet, I haven't claimed to be a Mason, and you clearly know nothing, and are pretending some relation to real Masons.

Peace be to you AMPTAH.

Knowledge can not replace experience or gnosis.

The subjective can not be easily objectified.

Dynamic multiplicity can not be confined to a single nor absolute interpretation.

The immaterial can not be grasped as material.

The ineffable and unintelligible can not be properly articulated or explained.

It appears as though you may be fixated on the pointing finger, rather than beholding the shining moon. If this is the case, I wish you photons and more photons, for unadulterated photonic stimuli reveals more truth than the analytical thinking of a subjective and/or conditioned mind.

edit on 7/26/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
It appears as though you may be fixated on the pointing finger, rather than beholding the shining moon.

Love the Lee reference.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm glad you caught that!
He was a beautiful philosopher.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Look. All you are saying, is that you are not a real Freemason.

Says the non-Mason. The irony is supremely delicious.

Says the communications of The Grand Lodge of New Jersey, the following...

The three fundamental prerequisites for a masonic landmark are its antiquity, its universality, and its unconditional irrevocability. As the Wallis Committee pointed out in 1903. "I wish to remind the brethren of one or two things: The first is that there are no 'Landmarks' of New Jersey. 'Landmarks' are universal. And another thing that the Grand Lodge of New Jersey cannot repeal, alter or modify a "Landmark"; they are immutable"......Some clandestine masons for example, allow atheists to join, do not display a holy book in open lodge, etc..thus breaking with long established customs and traditions, thus rejecting the landmarks."

-- THE NEW JERSEY FREEMASON, Spring 2017, pg 31

Maybe you're part of a "Clandestine Lodge" ?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Maybe you should gain some first hand knowledge instead of making # up.
It's always amusing when folks who have never stepped in a lodge explain to past masters and long time masons all about the craft they belong to. It usually makes them look largely ignorant, but still super fun to watch.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Maybe you should gain some first hand knowledge instead of making # up.
It's always amusing when folks who have never stepped in a lodge explain to past masters and long time masons all about the craft they belong to. It usually makes them look largely ignorant, but still super fun to watch.

No, it is just that some masons "play coy" and instead of describing the freemasonry they supposedly belong to, will give out lots of "disinformation" about their craft, then sit back and smile to themselves, that the non-mason must be clueless to believe what they say.

edit on 26-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

there are a lot of members here who happen to be Freemasons. If any of us was bull#ting, someone would call it out, like say the OP who is no longer a card carrying mason.

Bottom line, if you are that damn worried about what we do, join and find out.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

What a great list! Thanks for posting it.

The mention of Rosicrucians is interesting. Are there similar teachings in the Rosicrucian faith to the tenets and beliefs of Freemasonry?

I find the Rosicrucians to be an extremely interesting faith/organization. It's like they have a few important pieces to the puzzle - i.e. they know what the lock is, but they are still searching for all of the pieces to the key.

That's how I view it anyway...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
And yet he's not.

So we describe Freemasonry and you don't like what we say so it's "disinformation"?

a reply to: Riffrafter
The Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis, or SRICF, is a research society and its primary purpose is to enhance the Masonic education of our members, expand their knowledge of the ancient mysteries, and have a better understanding of the world at large. Meetings, in part, are compose of speakers and papers presented that are submitted for publication in the Ad Lucem, the magazine of the Society. Membership is by invitation only for Master Masons in good standing as well as a profession of Christian faith.

The basic organizational unit for the Society is the College and, by regulation, Colleges are limited to a maximum of 72 members. There are currently 48 Colleges in 45 states in the Union. The SRICF is in amity with the SRIS in Scotland, the SRIA in England, the SRIC in Canada, the SRIL in Lusitania in Portugal, SRIG in Gallia in France, and the SRIR in Romania each of whom is recognized by a Grand Lodge in their respective country who is in turn recognized by this Grand Lodge.

The Society is composed of 9-grades that are separated into 3-orders:

The First Order consists of four Grades referred to as the Learning Grades:

I° - Zelator
II° - Theoricus
III° - Practicus
IV° - Philosophus

The Second Order consists of three Grades referred to as the Teaching Grades:

V° - Adeptus Minor
VI° - Adeptus Major
VII° - Adeptus Exemptus

The Third Order consists of two Grades referred to as the Ruling Grades which are only conferred by or with permission of the Supreme Magus:

VIII° - Magister
IX° - Magus

The aim of the Society is to afford mutual aid and encouragement in working out the great problems of Life; and in searching out the secrets of Nature; to facilitate the study of systems of Philosophy; and to investigate the meaning and symbolism of the art and wisdom of the ancient and modern world; and to consider and examine the philosophy, iconology, and literature of Freemasonry, to gain a deeper understanding of History, Mythology, Legend, Symbolism, and Science in the study of Freemasonry; and to establish a common bond and draw within our ranks men of scientific inclination, students of philosophy, science, arts, and religion, and those interested therein; and to promote the study of science, religion, arts, and philosophy, and the histories thereof, to the end that our Fratres, and those within their influence, may be enlightened by their efforts.

The mention of Rosicrucians is interesting. Are there similar teachings in the Rosicrucian faith to the tenets and beliefs of Freemasonry?

There are some cross-overs.

I am currently re-reading the Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Says the communications of The Grand Lodge of New Jersey, the following...

Guess you missed the part about the Grand Master being able to grant dispensation since he is the ultimate authority for each state and can pretty much do whatever he wants whenever he wants. Being an Average Guy non-Mason you didn't know this so I informed you, but maybe because you are merely average you didn't bother to read and comprehend this part.

Do you want me to write it slower next time or possibly in crayon?

Nope, Clifton #203, the largest lodge in the state, which, if you wanted to visit and meet these people, I could arrange, but I'm sure and average guy like you is happy just being average and has no desire to find out the truth. Sad. So sad.

edit on 26-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Guess you missed the part about the Grand Master being able to grant dispensation since he is the ultimate authority for each state and can pretty much do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

I didn't miss that at all.

I just pointed to the text of the New Jersey Grand Lodge publication that clearly says that there are groups practicing a form of masonry that disregard various Landmarks of the order. That this practice exists, is a recorded fact. But, the same article defines these masons as "Clandestine."

I didn't write that article. It comes from Freemasonry of the same Jurisdiction you claim to be a member of.

Go fight with the author of that text, not me.

All I do is use logic, when listening to various "so called" masons describe their craft.

If they are inconsistent and contradictory, it's not my fault, things are so.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Go fight with the author of that text, not me.

Why would I have to fight with someone from my jurisdiction who already knows the Grand Master can and has granted dispensation in circumstances such as I mentioned where a merely average guy such as yourself would not be aware of this fact?

They happened, get over it.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

They happened, get over it.

So, you're "Clandestine", not "Regular."

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Go on and keep being average, the facts are the facts, I gave you my lodge, feel free to look it up on the New Jersey Grand Lodge website. Let me know when you want to visit, I'll set it up.

edit on 26-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Nice. Add to the resale value of your home too.

I guess there is a limited market for blinged out mason jewelry.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

I have an iced out necklace that I use for my rap videos.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Sweet sauce! Have to let everyone know Freemason's ain't nothing to f*** with.

Do you have an Axl Rose bandana with Masonic imagery for the rock videos?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is a classic example of conjecture. You're making conclusions based on incomplete knowledge on the subject. You're taking a quote out of context and looking very stupid.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join