It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I left Freemasonry in 2016, and I am happy to discuss the subject.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
So, Freemasonry must be promising something more, than just the opportunity to give...

Of course there is, the chance to participate in what the member feels are spiritually rewarding activities with like-minded people.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So, Freemasonry must be promising something more, than just the opportunity to give...

Of course there is, the chance to participate in what the member feels are spiritually rewarding activities with like-minded people.

But, that's exactly what the Church does. And the Church is very open about it's activities, so anyone can inspect the Church and decide "before hand" whether that type of spiritual commradery is the one they are looking for.

They are not "led by cable tow in the dark", bit by bit, into some unknown spiritual light, as is done in Freemasonic Lodge.

edit on 25-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

But, that's exactly what the Church does.

I wouldn't know, I don't go to church.

And the Church is very open about it's activities, so anyone can inspect the Church and decide "before hand" whether that type of spiritual commradery is the one they are looking for.

It is? Let me know when you locate their tax filings. Our lodge's are on file at Montclair State University.

They are not "led by cable tow in the dark", bit by bit, into some unknown spiritual light, as is done in Freemasonic Lodge.

That is not what a cable tow is for, stop making things up, it makes you look foolish.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

But, that's exactly what the Church does.

I wouldn't know, I don't go to church.

Yes, I know that.

But, the point is, you "could go to Church."

No passwords required at the entrance door. Just walk in and sit, hear the word of the Lord.

No "oaths" required to stay, no "penalties" for revealing Church secrets, no "demit procedures" to leave.

It is? Let me know when you locate their tax filings. Our lodge's are on file at Montclair State University.

We don't "tax" the "good" things in our society. All "taxes" are "penalties" for sin.

That is not what a cable tow is for, stop making things up, it makes you look foolish.

Yes, well the Devil thinks that Jesus is foolish, to each his own.

I like to think of it as merely different kinds of wisdom.

The ducks don't hang out with the eagles, because they believe in a different kind of wisdom.

No eagle will be found diving under the water for weeds and fish.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
is this the line where we can touch a mason for a nickle?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The Masons are a fraternal organization with many similarities to other organizations. Odd Fellows, Eagles, Elks, Sertoma, your Uncle Carl's car club, etc. Why join one over the other?

Personal preference, comfort level, familiarity with other members, it's a personal decision so each person's reasons will be personal to that individual.

Some people just like to join stuff. They like the camaraderie, fellowship and group surroundings. I know guys who each belong to Masons, American Legion, VFW, and a couple of bowling teams. I don't have time for any of that, but if you're that desperate to get out of the house, it's no skin off my plumbs.

Knights of Pythias (predominantly Protestant) or Knights of Columbus (Catholic). Different strokes.

Then you've got the mostly esoteric/Thelemic O.T.O. / Rosicrucian - type organizations, some of which overlap with appendant bodies of Masonry. The Scottish Rite is a Masonic appendant body and would fall under a Rosicrucian type study of a symbolic - initiatic journey. Here's a big reveal - no one 'knows' what Freemasonry even is, because it's determined by what each individual brings to the table. Every member could disagree about it and still all be right. Now this is really frustrating for some, because the absence of coherence or consistency reads like an obfuscation, when in fact it's a result of each person interpreting it in a way that works for them. Bazinga.

There are two sorts of people in the world. I don't like either one of them. Hence, not a member of anything anywhere, other than ATS. And that's only because there are no obligations.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yes, I know that.

But, the point is, you "could go to Church."

No passwords required at the entrance door. Just walk in and sit, hear the word of the Lord.

No "oaths" required to stay, no "penalties" for revealing Church secrets, no "demit procedures" to leave.

And? I don't want to go to church, I don't like religion. Why should I go somewhere I don't enjoy?

We don't "tax" the "good" things in our society. All "taxes" are "penalties" for sin.

'Well' 'in' 'that' 'case' 'what' 'is' 'your' 'point'? Wasn't it transparency? My lodge, as 501, is very transparent.

Yes, well the Devil thinks that Jesus is foolish, to each his own.

If Jesus was found to be making up stories or facts then the Devil would be correct.

The cable to is metaphorically used to remove a candidate who is not looking to progress, not to lead someone through the degrees.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
is this the line where we can touch a mason for a nickle?

You never have to pay.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

Some people just like to join stuff.

Nope. I know real masons in the real world. Not these pretenders posting here.

People join masonry for one main reason, to get a better job.

That's it.

Some rich men might imagine that there's some "occult" knowledge to be had, and so join up.

But, the vast majority join to improve their "financial circumstances", they are not looking for anything esoteric, nor any"spiritual development". They "hear" that the masons are in control, and they join to get help in their material pursuits, whether it be in politics, or business, or law enforcement, or whatever field of profession they happen to be in, they heard by "word of mouth" that anybody that wants to advance in "the world" needs to be a member. So, they join.

Nothing spiritual aimed for, just plain old "help me" get ahead.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Nope. I know real masons in the real world. Not these pretenders posting here.

That's it.

I made a lot of money before I joined. And by your pretenders comment I know you are here only to stir the pot and be coy. You don't want answers, you want conflict. So sad.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Some people assuredly. Maybe even most. But to make a blanket statement like that to encompass all of Masonry says more about you than it does about them.

And even if for the sake of argument it was mostly true, so what? A lot of people start something for one reason, then continue for an entirely different one. Some start, see that it isn't what they expected and then quit.

This is why I hate labeling in general. Everyone's different, and to assign the same attributes to everyone in a particular category is just ignorant. Whether it involves religion, political persuasion, sexual preference, ethnicity, age, group affiliation, or any of those categories in which we we so love to pigeonhole people.

"He's a * and all *'s are X".

It's a simple minded way to circumvent the effort necessary to understand someone.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And by your pretenders comment I know you are here only to stir the pot and be coy. You don't want answers, you want conflict. So sad.

i think he's right, which means i think you're either wrong and don't know it, or wrong and won't admit it.
most likely the former.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Wrong on what? That I didn't join to get a job and that I wasn't already making good money? Who cares if either of you don't believe me.

edit on 25-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
People here don’t know the laudable history of Freemasonry. Particularly the French Masons have a very interesting history.

Naturally, there are bad people in every strata of human organization but overall Masonry is an honorable means to higher knowledge, of course not the only means.

Another thing many don’t realize, Masonry in a sense is the source of religion, or it is an inner meaning of religion, a more esoteric of course, but truer to the meaning of the religious intent…

The Masons, though many individuals amongst them have fallen short of their sublime moral code, have nonetheless led Western civilization in many meaningful turns, such as in the Western enlightenment and the march to freedom.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GoatWizard

Do you play chess at your lodge

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

Wow , after reading my post it did sound that way ,but I didn't mean that you were not a mason , sorry for that , any response on the subject of my question though anyone . Thanks .

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Rikku

Wrong on what? That I didn't join to get a job and that I wasn't already making good money? Who cares if either of you don't believe me.

Well, first of all, the masons don't accept the poor.

You have to have something already to get more in the world of Freemasonry.

Freemasons have all sorts of criteria, like you've got to be healthy, must be male, must be able at least to pay your dues, must believe in a supreme being, etc...while the sick, a cripple, the poor, and even an atheist is welcome to come to Church and listen to a sermon. The Lord turns away no man, woman, nor child.

So, we expect that most masons had "some job" before joining up. They just want a "better job."

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

You really do talk nonesense.

My stepdad was a Freemason before he died, so were some of our friends. My stepdad had prostate cancer. One of our Freemason friends was in a wheelchair.

I think you've been reading too many anti-Freemason sites as you're clearly misinformed.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

My stepdad was a Freemason before he died, so were some of our friends. My stepdad had prostate cancer. One of our Freemason friends was in a wheelchair.

There's nothing in Freemasonry that says you can't get sick "after" you become a mason.

But, if a cripple shows up at the door, and petitions for membership, he'll be rejected for certain.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Again, you're talking nonesense.

My stepdad was diagnosed with prostate cancer before he thought of joining. Our friend in the wheelchair was BORN disabled and has never been able to walk.

How about this? Show me where it says ill or disabled people can't join.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join