It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hmmm.. A question to NON-American's

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:
dh

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
Well truth be told most Americans I have met were perfectly charming and likeable people. I really think that the negativity revolves around our perceptions of the ideal type american who man of us see to be arrogant and coarse.......

Most people I know only hate one American. Junior.

George Dubya Bush

Who is a usurper-an incompetent, illiterate usurper. Why didnt the UN pass a resolution to remove him by force after that Florida scandal?

Well Americans let themselves be usurped
Americans do well to be obsessed about their image
They are the main target for their own downfall
The mighty superpower is set for downfall and all its citizens will be cowed or imprisoned
Don't expect the UN to offer any help
The organisation is waiting in the wings for the takeover

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
The mighty superpower is set for downfall and all its citizens will be cowed or imprisoned

Ha ha ha. I would think it would be very interesting to watch a foreign power try to come in and arrest all the Americans for no reason other than that is where they live.

Actually, no it wouldn't because then I believe NORAD might come into effect, and then you'd be messing with Canada. The US is like our brother/sister, it's OK if we pick on them, but everybody else just better leave them alone.

Oh sorry, I guess that's not much of a deterrent, is it?

Anyways, going in to America and arresting them = Bad idea. They have a lot of guns down there, and they are not afraid to use them.

Anyways, just wait a few more years. That's one of my favourite things about America, the limits on Presidential terms. I wish we had that up here when Chretien was around. I think it's a very good idea.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I am from the netherlands, and I think America is a great country in a lot of aspects. Not sure wether you were also interested in positive feedback though, so let's start with the negative feedback.

First of all I really don't understand -especially realizing how he "won" the elections in 2000- that you guys voted Bush back into the white house.

Also, I think Fox is the most retarded news network I have ever seen in the world. The plain idiotic programs they show you about my country (the netherlands) almost made me laugh.
I hope most of you Americans know that Fox is low quality and not worth looking at.

I don't understand your pride. I don't get what's so great about owning a gun, and I sometimes get the feeling some of the more lucky and wealthy americans are pretending there are no problems in the USA, when they go into their hysterical pride-mode, waving those banners around at elections. (nation of courage)

It seems to me America is socially less organized than the netherlands for example, and even though this does motivate people to get a job, it also puts people who allready have the odds against them in an even worse position.

When people in my country say "that's so american!" it's usually not good, and it can mean a lot of things;

That's so fake.
That's so corny.
That's so superfacial.

Not sure why exactly this is though.
Oh and before you think everyone in the netherlands hates you, we don't. Most people think America is a great country with great achievements and a united and friendly population, but no country/nation can be perfect eh?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

so tell me,
how many years of history does usa have?
200 years since the declaration of independance?
200 years against 2000 years of history in europe?
or 4000 years of history in middle east and china?
so how does that compare, you tell me.

american IS a teenager, comparing to other countires.
that is how i see the situation.
too young and too inexperienced.

America a teenager?....hardly
Why don't you look at it this way.....2000 years doesn't mean much cause your still stuck there!!!!
200 years of history vs 2000 years............well thanks for pointing that out cause here is somthing for you
Your so called "American Teenager" has made more progress in 200 years than your so called freedom fighter mentality from 2000 years of history.
Your simply an angry dinasaur stuck in the past and can't change with the rest of society.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Anyways, just wait a few more years. That's one of my favourite things about America, the limits on Presidential terms. I wish we had that up here when Chretien was around. I think it's a very good idea.

True enough...but I will be forever grateful to Chretien for one thing...if you catch my drift.

He had Dubya's number from day 1... So I'm willing to forgive (but not forget) some of the other sh*t he pulled.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Carburetor

America a teenager?....hardly
Why don't you look at it this way.....2000 years doesn't mean much cause your still stuck there!!!!
200 years of history vs 2000 years............well thanks for pointing that out cause here is somthing for you
Your so called "American Teenager" has made more progress in 200 years than your so called freedom fighter mentality from 2000 years of history.
Your simply an angry dinasaur stuck in the past and can't change with the rest of society.

Sorry what does that actually mean? We're still stuck here what in Europe where we were born? Shall we go somewhere else? Where exactly are we supposed to be then? Where is your nation going to be in another 1800 years?

Tell me what progress have you made in the last 200 years that the rest of the world hasn't?

This kind of post just proves what some people think about americans.
I don't think that though I think americans on the whole are a great bunch of people with a great sense of humour.
Your problem seems to lie with the people who shout loudest which unfortunately appears to be the dumbest.

Question : why do americans hate France/the french so much?

To the person who asked if the american people know that Fox news is crap? yes I think they do. I seem to remember them trying to sue The Simpsons (your greatest export I might add) who are funnily enough owned by... Fox.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
True enough...but I will be forever grateful to Chretien for one thing...if you catch my drift.

Gotcha. The thing about Chretien is that jerk had some great charisma going. I'll even admit to getting a kick out of him throttling a protestor, because he just looked so darn tough.

I know I'm not perfect.

Just be glad you're not here in BC. Our Premier got arrested for drunk-driving in Hawaii, the one (elected) before that had to resign from office because be was under investigation for taking bribes, our legistature building was raided by the cops last Christmas, MP's have to resign for writing letters to the editor under false names....... I could go on and on here, but I'm laughing too hard.

My absolute all-time favourite, Joy MacPhail:

Most infamous of her public pranks was to be among a group of women MLAs who sent a plastic 'member' dancing across the desk of a male colleague during a debate.

I censored that for the kiddies, but you get the idea.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join