Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Vibrations, Mantras and Sacred Geometry

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I came across this site a couple of months ago: www.svpvril.com...

This contains dozens of papers and articles on Sympathetic Vibratory Physics. It is said our entire universe and dimensions are constructed on Sacred Geometric shapes, Octaves and Sub-octaves of harmonic vibrations.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by SpiritualOne]

[edit on 15-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Allright heres something to add on from here... www.kundaliniyoga.org...

Mantras

Everything in the universe is made up of energy. All energy vibrates. Differentiation happens because energy vibrates at difference frequencies. Each frequency has a sound. (Actually every frequency IS a sound.) Everything in the universe has a sound which vibrates at its particular frequency.

Mantras are the sounds of the language of the universe. Mantras are tuning instruments. If we want to tune into and access a particular universal frequency, we chant the mantra that vibrates that frequency. For instance, chanting MAAAAAAAAAA tunes us into the frequency of the Divine Mother and Feminine. If we want to tune into the frequency of the sun, we chant RAAAAAAAAAA.

When we chant a particular sound, our body and energy field resonate with that frequency. The connection is established and maintained through resonance. Our energy matches and synchronizes with the energy of the sounds we make and the thoughts we think. It is the nature of our energy that attracts to us and creates events, circumstances and environments around us.

Much of what we create and attract is produced by our subconscious automatic-pilot programming. Mantras are a powerful tool to "de-program" ourselves, to create new programs and to influence our thought patterns. Mantras are also ACCESS CODES to different channels in our mind. Mantras help us open channels that we often cannot access consciously or reach by rational thoughts, or even intent, i.e. our higher consciousness and higher spiritual connections.

Stay tuned!!

Shazzamm....
-Dani

//ed very long quote//

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight
Well, this is definitely something I think I shall look into.

I'm curious... Is Aum chanted as a specific note (i.e. C, C#, D, D#, E, F, etc.)? In other words, something you can find on the keyboard of a piano then match the pitch of your voice to? If it is, could playing a synthesized hum at this note help in meditation?

I believe some use tuning forks for this purpose?

I believe that in the gospels, Jesus eluded to a sacred sound of all creation. A sound if uttered is so powerful that life could be created or destroyed by it? I can't remeber the exact reference, maybe someone here could elaborate?

The perfect 5th, was said to be the tuning of the Greek God Apollo’s Lyre. It can balance the left and right hemispheres of the brain, as well as the auric field. I have created a perfect 5th drone, a most transcendental and sacred sound - please U2U me with your email address and i'll send it to you in whatever format you require.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Peace Vesuvius13

...I'd go with anything by the Dalai Lama, namely:

Path to Bliss

Stages of Meditation

This one is said to be really good(haven't studied it yet), despite the
catchy type Western sounding title

The Voice of the Silence may be a good one too. Surprisingly enough, some Eastern Adepts said the following about it:

"Here is the real Mahayana Buddhism" -- D. T. Suzuki

"I believe that this book has strongly influenced many sincere seekers and aspirants to the wisdom and compassion of the Bodhisattva Path." -- 14th Dalai Lama

Whether you decide to get a bunch of books or not; I definitely recommend this free
Course on Meditation

It's great. This course outlines Shamatha, Vipassana, the utilization of Mantras, Highest Tantra Yoga and even touches on Dream Yoga.

BTW; I see you have a quote from Milarepa in your sig.

You may be interested in this thread:

www.gnosis-usa.com...

Hope this helps.

Here's another suggestion(as if you haven't been given enough already lol):

aasorlando.org...

They should all lead to the same thing(Comprehension of Suffering(the egos) and Comprehension of Emptiness(Amen/Ain Soph) ), depending upon your own Conscious Efforts and Faith in The Self(authentic Solar Faith, realized through Internal Comprehension, as opposed to blind faith).

Again, if you'd like to start right away(why delay?) this free Online-Course is excellent:

Gnostic Meditation

HOTEP

//ed. to shorten two links//

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Excerpts:

...All of these techniques work, however, there are much more powerful techniques to remove excitement and stupor and the other obstacles. They include mantras and visualizations and pranayamas. We are going to learn about all those practices in later chapters.

The awakened consciousness is an experiential state of perception that does not arise randomly or merely by wishing for it.

How many people have had a lucid dream? Or astral experiences where you know there is a world beyond the physical world? You have seen it, you have been there, you have been awake and in that. If you are there you are awake, you know you are dreaming, you are not in your physical body. You are awake. But then you start thinking about something and this takes you right out of the experience. Some fantasy crosses the mind and you start living the fantasy and thus you lose the awakened experience.

To awaken in the higher realms, first you must awaken here. Everyday. As boring as your day might be, as mundane and repetitive, you must be attentive. Develop attention. From that, naturally, that plant will grow.

Take everything from each moment, because each moment is a child of Gnosis, each moment is absolute, alive, and significant. - Samael Aun Weor

The Tibetan Masters say:

First pay great heed to getting the proper causes and conditions together. Next, engage in the practice without agitation and without anxiety. Then, with the mind at ease, carry on to the end.

That is all it takes. It is simple. But it is remarkable how few people have the courage and fortitude to do it.

Originally Posted By Vesuvius 13

www.kundaliniyoga.org...

"Mantras are the sounds of the language of the universe. Mantras are tuning instruments. If we want to tune into and access a particular universal frequency, we chant the mantra that vibrates that frequency. For instance, chanting MAAAAAAAAAA tunes us into the frequency of the Divine Mother and Feminine."...

Gnostic Meditation 3: Concentration

Practice to Develop the Imagination

First: The syllables Ma Ma, Pa Pa, Ba Ba are the first syllables which we articulate in childhood. You can start the Initiation with these syllables. You must sing these syllables while assuming an innocent and infantile attitude. You can learn the intonation of these sacred syllables when listening to The Magic Flute of Mozart.

Mozart placed these syllables in his marvellous opera. The disciple must fall asleep assuming an infantile attitude while remembering the first years of his childhood and then mentally singing the sacred syllables.

The word Pa Pa should be vocalized intoning the first syllable Pa in a high voice, then the second syllable Pa will be uttered in a lower voice. These two syllables should be pronounced many times. You must do the same thing with the syllable Ma.

Fall asleep while meditating on your childhood. Review with your imagination your whole childhood and mentally articulate the sacred syllables.

[edit on 15-5-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

The opposite is also true. If you listen to noise, like rock music, which release adreanline, they will temporarly give you a rush, then crash and listening to this in regularly will lead to long-term conditions of depression, suicidal tendencies and depleted cortical skills like intelligence and memory.
This has been shown in psychological case studies and also empirically in mice.

I completely disagree with this.

All the tools for creation simply exist and are avialable to all...the universe doesn't discriminate. The manifestation of sound is dependent upon the direction given by the one, in this case, listening to the "noise" aka "rock music". I'm not going to address the stereotypes you applied to listening to rock music, instead I refute it with my own empirical study.

I have been a long time practitioner of meditation and lucid dreaming. I have used many different techniques to aid meditation, with the exception of drugs, including but not limited to: silence, drumming, spoken mantras, sex, sound specifically engineered to alter brain wave patterns , and everyday music. I have meditated in a traditional sitting manner, laying down and even hanging upside down. I am very neurtal in my meditative studies and my approach to life in general, so my techniques come from various sources from various locations and times. I even own neuro feedback devices.

I have made much progress. I have become much better over the years at recognizing the various stages involved in meditative transcension (with help from my neuro-feedback machine
). In my current evolvement I perfer listening to music as the ultimate tool. Right now I am engineering music that is personalized in accordance to the brain wave patterns associated with some of the more powerful meditation sessions I have experienced *and recorded*.

I use rock music all the time! I literally meditate to rock music! I am able to reach and sustain the normal theta range I would be in with some of the more traditional techniques. Does this mean I have better control of my mind? Does it mean I have conditioned this music to produce different neurotransmitters? Does it imply rock music itself doesn't produce adrenaline, rather the actions that typically go along with it? Does it imply sound is a raw energy that, through a trained mind, can be manifested any desired way? I dunno. Point is I use rock music all the time and perfer it over many techniques! And I havn't slit my wrist yet!

..then again I am talking about Tool/A Perfect Circle (bands) hehe.

Humble yourself in the sight of Light, and it will lift you up.

...oh and excellent post as usual
The Sonoluminescence was new to me and I found that Very interesting.

[edit on 033131p://17u12 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Matter is energy - everything is made of energy. The solid forms are trapped energy.
All energy has a different 'vibration'. I don't know that this is accurate or not, but I tend to think of it like molicules when they get hot they move faster and when they get cold they move slower. The slower the vibration the lower or lesser the frequency. We can only se or hear certain frequencies or another way of saying it is that we can only 'tune into' certain vibrations.
... forgot my point and can't see your post now. Oh well.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have been told that a more powerful om/aum sounds like ahm..as if you were at the doctors and he sticks a tounge depresser of your tounge and says say ahh...that is the way it starts..it reonates much deeper..

the tibetan monks aum very openly..load very powerful stuff ..thanks for posting all the above..

I once spoke with a goverment scientist heading to Washington DC. and we spoke about all the above and more..and he told me to stick with my path,I am onto something and his wife came over to me and said you must be one special person,my husband never talks to anyone about this stuff.

and on the other side of the coin another goverment employee(relative)told me to stay away from it all...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
uuuummm what to do

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
you know most if not all religions have some sort of sacred geometry and mantra. Hindus have Om/Aum, Christians have Amen.

Amen is certainly a plagiate from Auummmmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Music that is not based on the Music of the Spheres is damaging to the mental, astral, vital and even physical makeup of the human organism.

Modern music is distorted, because it is usually coming from the degenerated psyches of fornicators.

Music such as Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner, Liszt, that of the Sufis, and Tibetan Lamas, is the product of Transmuted Libido which is in Harmony with the Music of the Spheres.

See the following as well:

Joscelyn Godwin

Regards

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
you know most if not all religions have some sort of sacred geometry and mantra. Hindus have Om/Aum, Christians have Amen.

Indeed.

See this:

Meaning of Amen

Is Masonic Symbolism Christian?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Modern music is distorted, because it is usually coming from the degenerated psyches of fornicators.

As a Blues and Rock musician, all I can say is you are absolutly correct.
Are you troubled by diversity?

So do you think that Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner and List weren't fornicators as well? Comparing musical styles with sexual proclivities seems kind of silly; don't you think?

[edit on 25-1-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
OFF THE TRACK HERE,but I noticed is masonic symbolism christian..I have no idea, though in christianity..are'nt they waiting for jesus to come still..where the masons act out the death and reserection, which comes from but not only catholicism?
I would assume that the symbolism comes from a time long before christian and catholic...druid/phonecian/egyptian...vedic?all of all mixed up??dont know

does the AMEN also stand for as above so below or is that the star of david?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think Amen mean "So be it" or something along those lines and the star of David represents heaven, earth, north, south, east, west or basically encompasses all that God looks over.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I used to use the star of david?for focusing my wants,needs upon.,to help them become a reality..so isnt that as above so below..or is this just a tool for such..or so be it as well...help stop the mind chatter before it starts?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
So do you think that Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner and List weren't fornicators as well?

They were not fornicators.

They were Initiates, like the earlier-mentioned Sufis and Lamas.

So if they were married, then they knew to withdraw from the Sexual Act before reaching the orgasm, as to transmute the semen into Ojas or Christic Energy, which charges the Heart Center giving it the ability to Intuit the Music of the Spheres in a state of Meditative-Ecstasy.

If they were single, then they practiced Pranayama or other means of staying in Chastity.

Regards

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
OFF THE TRACK HERE,but I noticed is masonic symbolism christian..I have no idea, though in christianity..are'nt they waiting for jesus to come still..where the masons act out the death and reserection, which comes from but not only catholicism?
I would assume that the symbolism comes from a time long before christian and catholic...druid/phonecian/egyptian...vedic?all of all mixed up??dont know

does the AMEN also stand for as above so below or is that the star of david?

All authentic Religions teach the Death and Resurrection of Christ in a symbolic form.

S/He(yes, Christ is both Male and Female) has to be Born in each one of us.

"Though Christ a thousand times in Bethlehem be born
And not within thyself, thy soul will be forlorn.

The Cross on Golgotha thou lookest to in vain
Unless within thyself it be set up again."

The Seal of Solomon or Star of David is mainly symbolic of two things:

Abba and Aima, the Male and Female aspects of the Christ.

Also, the Sephirothic Crown(Kether, Chokmah, Binah) pointing up, and the Monad(Chesed, Geburah Tiphereth) or the personality(Netzach, Hod, Yesod) pointing down.

AMEN is the formless Consciousness of the Absolute Abstract Space.

The Name of the Khemetian Seity that is also said in Christian Prayer and Muslim Prayer(AMIN).

Regards

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
In the ancient Hebrew language the name of G_D was too powerful to be spoken and so was shortened to YHWH (some say YHVH). Since there are no vowels, it is impossible to know exactly how YHWH would be pronounced. It is generally pronounced "Yahway" and the anglicized version is "Jehovah". We have been several times removed from the power of "the Name".
Also, it is well known that plants respond to various sounds. Studies have been done that show that plants will grow AWAY from noxious sounds and towards pleasant ones. Since plants don't have ears (except elephant ear plants...sorry, couldn't resist), how would the plant know what is a noxious or pleasant sound? The vibration guides them and, for plants at least, certain vibrations are healthy for them and others are harmful.
There was a dodecahedron built in Canada a few years back that had its own weather system. It would sometimes rain INSIDE the building when it wasn't raining outside. So yes, vibration and sacred geometry have physical effects in the "real" world.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Greetings whitewave

Originally posted by whitewave
It is generally pronounced "Yahway" and the anglicized version is "Jehovah". We have been several times removed from the power of "the Name".

To clarify...

Jehovah is the anglicized version of Yehowah we might say.

And that Jahveh is the 'anglicized' version of Yahweh.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have to make a clear disticntion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join