It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red States take more than Blue States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Next time just write that instead of being cheeky.

Too many snarky little smart asses on the web to read into every little comment looking for a little "cheek"

Real discussion or bust.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

I may have if you hadn't started it off being snarky yourself.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Conservative poor people don't exist??? lol WTF
edit on 20-7-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Lol

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: Snarl

True statement, because I live here!
There are just some parts of town that anyone in their right minds avoids like the plague!

Where? In what state, is there not a place like that?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Hmm, if a state is overly dependent on the federal government for economic assistance whether Blue or Red, it is because of bad governing not President Nixon creating the EPA 40 years ago.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Conservatives vote for conservative politicians that institute policies that in the end help the rich and screw the poor, because they one day dream of being rich too.

But it's support for these same policies that ensure they will never be rich. The main fallacy of the poor, rural, conservative. I've seen it my whole life. And I doubt it's going to change any time soon.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
a reply to: Bluntone22
"Sources: Data used to create this ranking were collected from the Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Census Bureau, USAspending.gov, Bureau of Labor Statistics and Governing.com. " I can quote disclaimers as well.
There are also notes everywhere in the article explaining where they got their numbers from. And large Q&A part with scholars, professors and experts in their field. But hey maybe they're all liars. Especially the IRS

But , and there is always one , these numbers can include Federal money that automatically go to States. For example - Interstate Highways. That IS a Fed responsibility and is based on the request submitted by each State. That number alone could heavily swing each State either way . And there are a lot more examples. All the way down to pest control....
So , always be careful when comparing any forms of stats and presenting them .
They can come back to bite you in the a**

They are my numbers , I can do whatever the hell I want to with em......

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

Left off the law suits part of the post.

Also do you know the EPA caused the last lead smelter in the US to shut down after setting new emissions regulations on them, millions of dollars later the company is about to meet the retirements and the EPA goes oh no.. we have a new requirement, millions of dollars later... ooops sorry we have a new requirement at that point the company shut it down.

So they absolutely have hurt industries in the country, also when a state only has a handful of actual industry in that state and 1 shuts its doors it is a big problem that will take years to recover from.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Lol wiki interstate highway system, then read financing. I don't understand are you arguing that Red States aren't more dependent on the federal government than Blue States? Because even if you ignore the averages, there are more Red States than Blue States, odds are they would be more dependent lol.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Also do you know the EPA caused the last lead smelter in the US to shut down after setting new emissions regulations on them, millions of dollars later the company is about to meet the retirements and the EPA goes oh no.. we have a new requirement, millions of dollars later... ooops sorry we have a new requirement at that point the company shut it down.

So they absolutely have hurt industries in the country, also when a state only has a handful of actual industry in that state and 1 shuts its doors it is a big problem that will take years to recover from.

Yeah but governors also need to read the writing on the wall and adapt. Make themselves very enticing for new types of industry. That argument you made is often very overplayed. It certainly happened in the 80'same and 90's big time. But people were also getting sick from ground water pollution. In my state it was from paper mills.

Some states have adapted well Texas is one, SC and NC are doing well they just need to tone the social morality stuff down so that global and national business feel comfortable investing.

You have to blame conservatives as well for trying to prop up dieing industry just to get votes.
edit on 20-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: Snarl

True statement, because I live here!
There are just some parts of town that anyone in their right minds avoids like the plague!

Where? In what state, is there not a place like that?

I have lived in several cities where there wasn't a single part of town that I felt unsafe in at any time of day or night. Not every city has huge portions of town that gangs have completely taken over and even some that do keep their crimes between themselves and their rivals or are relatively safe during the daytime at least. I pity the people unfortunately forced to live in that part of town here. I work with a few people that actually have no choice but to sleep on the floor for their own safety and it's sad. I've lost count of the innocent children killed by stray bullets since I moved here.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Yea the world is changing, technology and advancements have pushed a lot of people out of a job or destroyed entire industries. No Republican or Democrat can bring back jobs from dying industries. Conservatives want to delay these dying industries from collapsing, liberals want to focus on the next new industry. Either way people will lose jobs.
Whatever happened to letting the invisible hand of the market guide the future of industry?

I don't really care about law suits and whatnot. It sucks but that's how the American legal system works. Did you know that environmentalists and/or conservationists didn't used to be a partisan thing. Old conservatives get on tv every once in a while and remind me of that.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
white people will vote against their own interest just to stick it to the other guy.

Well they elected Obama... twice.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: knoxie
white people will vote against their own interest just to stick it to the other guy.

Well they elected Obama... twice.

Agree, I voted for him the first time like a dumbass. Never again will I vote democrat. They tell you they will do one thing and then do the opposite. Just like the Republican party. I'm just glad we got Trump this time that tells both sides to stuff it.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

That's not entirely accurate though I don't think, the last lead smelter was shutting down because imported lead from China is cheaper. The EPA were just a convenient scape goat for the company and the politicians to go: 'it wasn't our fault!'

Same with steel/coal and all the other heavy industries. Workforces are cheaper abroad. And capitalism demands the cheapest production.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Really? You couldn't get more simplistic if you tried. How about doing that analysis by county, most of which are red? NOW who takes the most? The number of blue counties is much smaller, but they are absolutely full of "takers."

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yes.

It wasn't always like this. Forty years of the old Republican Party promoting social wedge issues to divide voters into camps has divided this country. The New Republican Party is too weak to cast off the far right, extremist economic ideology it now owns lock, stock, and barrel; they're all Koch suckers now.

God help us! BLUEXIT A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

The fact that this article was even written shows the clear and present danger we now face. It is Cold Civil War.
edit on 20-7-2017 by desert because: "present"

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Really? You couldn't get more simplistic if you tried. How about doing that analysis by county, most of which are red? NOW who takes the most? The number of blue counties is much smaller, but they are absolutely full of "takers."

The article was about the money the state needs from the federal government to operate. Not just benefits.

But even by your map the personal taking becomes very clear that lots of "conservatives" are hypocritical in taking benefits. Where as liberals admit fully they want benifits.

Personally it comes down to people wanting it all for free. Whether it's not raising taxes so you can pay for schools, bridges, and first responders or taxing for every social benifits known to man.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

As an independent conservative I would say the democratic party is in shambles. The conservatives may be riding a broken pony to the finish line but the Democrats are running around like ants after you step on their mond. Very few independent voices not reading the party script.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join