It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says He Should Not Have Picked Sessions As Attorney General

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There seems to be a general consensus that Sessions stinks, and under normal circumstances, he should be out of there.
However, in the broader context of that Trump interview, I tend to think he only wants Sessions out of there because he's really worried about Mueller and crew. In a rather telling moment, Trump suggested that if Mueller's crew starts looking into his financial affairs, that would be a red line. Well, low and behold, there are now reports that Mueller's investigation has indeed expanded to include Trump's business/financial dealings--which really shouldn't come as any surprise. We've seen hints of this going back to comments from both Clapper and Comey.
In bashing Sessions, Trump's real target is Mueller. For someone who's so convinced it's a witch hunt and fake news, he sure acts spooked.

(post by BretePete removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
You ALL loved Sessions when he was nominated, confirmed...

But NOW that Trump doesn't like him...

The irony: it's REAL.

It's the Emperor's clothes...that's all it is. Whatever the Emperor wants, they will trumpet. Whatever the Emperor doesn't want, they will trumpet. Eventually the Emperor will be done with trumpets too...and then what will they blow?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: DanteGaland
You ALL loved Sessions when he was nominated, confirmed...

But NOW that Trump doesn't like him...

The irony: it's REAL.

It's the Emperor's clothes...that's all it is. Whatever the Emperor wants, they will trumpet. Whatever the Emperor doesn't want, they will trumpet. Eventually the Emperor will be done with trumpets too...and then what will they blow?

Putin?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

I thought that Sessions was a bad choice in the first place -- remember that there were 1,400 law professors and lawyers who wrote to protest his nomination but Trump expressed confidence in him and the appointment went through.

But I now wonder if he's made a strong enemy in Sessions. Although I loathe the man, he does wield political power and he could potentially make things more difficult for Trump.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I thought that Sessions was a bad choice in the first place -- remember that there were 1,400 law professors and lawyers who wrote to protest his nomination but Trump expressed confidence in him and the appointment went through.

But I now wonder if he's made a strong enemy in Sessions. Although I loathe the man, he does wield political power and he could potentially make things more difficult for Trump.

I believe that when Sessions is called to testify - and I don't think he will be AG at that point - he will let loose everything he knows about Trump. It will be bitter recriminations, and Sessions will discuss the "pillow talk" him and Donald had during their days together.

Trump is going to have a very hard time finding a replacement for Sessions. Session gave up his job as a senior senator to take the AG post. He will be fired soon, or resign. Then he will have nothing.

He will be with out any power for the first time in 35 years. He will have nothing to loose, and he will scorn Trump, and drop the Trump folks off like yesterdays bad garbage.

And everyone will see what Trump loyalty looks like. Trey Gowdy will never take this job. Neither will Darrel Issa, or any currently serving senator or congressman. Not if they want to have a future in Washington.

I predict he grabs an Attorney General from some state down south, someone who has never been on the national stage. Some one who's only shot at something big is to hook up with Trump.

Sad really. Recusing himself from the Russian investigation is the only honorable thing that I have ever witnessed Session do. And now he will have nothing, because he did an honorable thing in the Trump administration.
edit on 20-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: sp and that damned auto correct

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I don't think Trump would even flinch if he decided to fire him. It might be good in showing that if a person is not doing to good job they are gone as in the case with Comey.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TacSite18

Sad really. Recusing himself from the Russian investigation is the only honorable thing that I have ever witnessed Session do. And now he will have nothing, because he did an honorable thing in the Trump administration.

In the end I don't think Trump cares other than Trump feels there is nothing there and wants to move forward from it all and in this case Session's actions are not helping that. There are a number of bigger things I think Trump is more concerned about than this one thing that seems to be a left talking point.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

year sure. Tell some more fantasy

Did Trump say he would fire him?

Why dont you just read his statement and take it at that. Trump has never been one to mince words. He said he would not have given him the job if he new sessions would pull this hanky panky. There it is.

Instead you start bringing up all these hypotheticals as fact... What gowdy does...what Issa does... etc. etc.

The only thing I think you can take away from the statement is that Trump feels he overestimated sessions ability to handle the task at hand.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Trump doesn't want him because Sessions decided to stay far away from the Russia investigation. Sessions knows something is there and has a pension to look forward to.

Trump expected Sessions would work hard to squash the investigation. LOL

edit on 20-7-2017 by Vorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ares2493
my opinion is something big is coming down the pipe that is about to work in trumps favor once again. The clinton shoots someone in the back comment is telling. my guess is sessions is trying to cover for some of his friends and trump wants to napalm the swamp. Interesting few weeks coming up to be sure. Ive heard the date July 27 from other boards. White House anon has usually been right on. well see though.

Nothing has worked in Trumps favor.

Trump created a swamp 100x as large as it once was. You still think Trump wants to drain the swamp?????

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
a reply to: TacSite18

year sure. Tell some more fantasy

Did Trump say he would fire him?

Why dont you just read his statement and take it at that. Trump has never been one to mince words. He said he would not have given him the job if he new sessions would pull this hanky panky. There it is.

Instead you start bringing up all these hypotheticals as fact... What gowdy does...what Issa does... etc. etc.

The only thing I think you can take away from the statement is that Trump feels he overestimated sessions ability to handle the task at hand.

I did read the statement.

Transcript excepts

There, I posted it so you could read it.

And yes, I did create a hypothetical situation in the future. I don't believe that I presented the hypothetical as fact, however you might have seen the text in such a way. It is really not my problem if you read every prediction for the future as a fact.

I could be wrong about the future. Imagine that!

However, this is a conspiracy site, and I don't believe it is a violation of the T&C to speculate about the future. I feel that any rational person could see that loyalty and Trump is a one-way-street. I would not want to be the person who takes over after Jeff Sessions is fired or resigns. I imagine that others who currently hold power, and are qualified for the job, wouldn't want the position either, considering that your boss's boss might fire or humiliate you to the point of resigning, just for performing your job legally and honorably.

Trump is waging a war against Jeff Sessions right now. I would have expected him to resign today. But he did not. I wondered out loud and in a post here why?

Sorry if considering anything other than your perspective is offensive to you. I suggest you avoid reading any of my posts in the future if it causes you such distress.

Cheers. Have a beer.

edit on 20-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: sp

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

If Sessions is fired or is forced to resign, who will be so crazy as to fill the vacancy at this point in time?

My guess would be someone who's smart enough not to recuse himself purely because Democrats whined and cried at them to do so in total absence of any logical reason to actually recuse. Seriously, Sessions took the easy road when he had no legal or defensible reason to do so in recusing himself. Now look at the mess this has become, with the inmates (Mueller, Schiff, etc) running the asylum.

I totally agree. Him recusing like he did at the hearing cane off as a knee jerk reaction to appear fair due to Democrats whining. It's the typical Republican reaction: no fight and give in. Not that he eventually would have recused anyway, but say something like if appropriate I will do so to be determined at a later time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join