It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Should Not Refer to Mattis as “Mad Dog;” We Should Refer to Trump as “Mad Dog Trump!”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
But Mattis is the Mad Dog. It's an affectionate military nickname. A lot of leaders get them. Rommel was the Desert Fox.

I personally would not like the nickname of "Mad Dog" which has strong connotations of being crazed, unstable, senseless and illogical, but, if the shoe fits, then let you-should-know-who wear the nickname.

"Desert Fox" is an entirely different story.

I don't think you can chain up the President of America and put him in a room for crazy people. I think that would be, generally speaking, an objectionable action to take against your Head of State.

Well, then, at least, Mad Dog should be muzzled.
edit on 20-7-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Fixed a typo.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

lol Me, too, except only two. Yep, we certainly must have a lot of stories in common.

Re Trump's gesture to Putin at the G2 Dinner...

Not sure people have picked up on the fact that the hand gesture Trump gave Putin at the G20 is "bro" for "we're solid" or "let's be solid."

Seth Abramson Twitter

He is the only one so far to see it this way, but I now think he is correct. However, it is still "obscene", as "repugnant", taken in the context of Russiagate. And, it seems that one had to be of my sons' generation to see it that way; older people like me knew it as one-male-to-another Jack Mehoff, the way a 71 yr old Trump would have known it as. However, Trump could have picked it up just as easily in his self-promoting business world, so it could very well be the "bro", "we're solid".

Show THAT gif in court to prove just how "solid" the bros are!

edit on 20-7-2017 by desert because: spell

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Re Trump's gesture to Putin at the G2 Dinner...

Not sure people have picked up on the fact that the hand gesture Trump gave Putin at the G20 is "bro" for "we're solid" or "let's be solid."

Seth Abramson Twitter

He is the only one so far to see it this way, but I now think he is correct. However, it is still "obscene", as "repugnant", taken in the context of Russiagate. And, it seems that one had to be of my sons' generation to see it that way; older people like me knew it as one-male-to-another Jack Mehoff, the way a 71 yr old Trump would have known it as. However, Trump could just as easily picked it up in his self-promoting business world, so it could very well be the "bro", "we're solid".

He is NOT correct. As a waitress with 40 plus years of experience, I can assure you that Trump's hand gesture to another at a dinner table, a clenched hand moving up and down or sideways, ALWAYS means "Please pass the ketchup"! SOLID!

edit on 20-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

And yet, Mueller is "following the money". The Magnitsky Act is on the table and money laundering is the 1st course.

Is Magnetsky a code word for Witch hunt?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Sure it is, if "witches" are money launderers.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Fascism is used for dictators policy. Things like make America great again and the mexicans are ruining our jobs.

So a political campaign slogan leads to radical authoritarian nationalism? lol Also, I'm also against human trafficking how about you?

Healthcare was invented somewhere in the 40's. Prior to that a guy came to your house and he may or may not have had any idea what he was doing or using o you. So 250 years is false.

OK, so 200 years lol...You seem to think they are trying to do away with all healthcare and not just fix an extremely broken and failing ACA. What are they to do...they could just do nothing and let it all crumble, right?

And for the rest still not totalitarian one-party state.....

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He's not my president. He's president to republicans only. He hates me. I'm an obstructionist and what did he say yesterday...oh yeah incapable of any thought processes.
He can bite me.
I pray for his impeachment. His failure will come without divine intervention.

He doesn't hate you. He loves you, as long as you love him back.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You sure?

Yep, I'm pretty sure about this one.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

How would we know. He never laughs. He barely even smiles.
Crotchety. That's what he is....

In any case I still do not need to listen to a cackle....

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You can hold your breath for eight years? Wow, I must have missed that one in the Guiness book of records.

Are you a Mermaid?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Healthcare has been around for less than 75 years. Your not good at math or history I guess.

Campaign slogans using boogeyman men and how bad America has become yes sir it all starts that way but you have already shown your not a student of history considering medicine and hospitals are a mid 20th century thing.

You don't think civil asset seizure is authoritarian?

Oh have you fallen for trumps immigration gimmick.

You can go right now to building projects and farms around the country and see millions of illegal workers.

I guess you fell for his gimmick. If he wanted to do something about immigration he would do what every other country does. Penalize employers heavily and make robust verification systems.
edit on 20-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

And speaking of twelve year old boys, what teacher hasn't seen behavior like this in the classroom

Trump at G20 Dinner

sign language for
"Hey Vlad...cant wait for the ice cream"

Trump knew you'd be watching...all envious, like an 11 year old, of whats to come next.. covfefe flavoured ice-cream

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

----- ATTENTION: Public Service Announcement -----

a reply to: theworldisnotenough

Lawrence O'Donnel? MSNBC contributors? The Village Voice?

Man, it's time to branch out on your sources of opinions on these topics--there's a much bigger world out there than the far-left media. When you seemingly get all of your information from one point of view, you're definitely missing many facets of the whole truth.

Must. Step. Outside. Of. Echo. Chamber.

----- ATTENTION: This Has Been A Public Service Announcement -----

Maybe you should address the content of the information, and not so much the source. Are you doing another round about "fake news" cry? How has that worked out for all the "fake news" folks in the last few weeks, when the source is the Trumps themselves?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You don't think asset seizure is not authoritarian?

Only Sessions talked about this and Trump is going to fire him...so what you got after that?

Oh have you fallen for trumps immigration gimmick.

IT IS human trafficking plain and simple...geez. We need a work visa program to allow 3 million migrant workers to come here each year to work legally. Just keep your . in the sand if you think there is no abuse going on or that many on both sides of the border are taking advantage of the most vulnerable...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

I was citing how getting all of one's information from one side of an argument--which is obviously what theworldisnotenough does consistently, judging by other comments and threads--is a poor way to approach a topic.

It was that simple, and it's good advice. Stop reading into my comment something that is not there...and sadly, you're not the only one who does that.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough
Yay, Jeff Sessions!

I just read a report that said that Jeff Sessions will NOT be resigning despite Mad Dog's criticism of Sessions.

Yay, Jeff Sessions!

Make your departure look like Mad Dog's recreation of the Saturday Night Massacre.

Nothing will make me happier!

Stand firm, Jeff Sessions! Don't resign! (BTW, all things considered, up to this point, you look far less bad than Mad Dog.)

I was surprised when I saw him in the presser this morning. I was thinking last night "how can that guys show his face at work tomorrow?"

But it could be that he punched a wall last night when the news came out, got mad, and then slowly calmed down and decided to get even. He may have a plan to make Trump fire him.

Then the next stooge they get for AG will have to fire Meuller, and the cursed spell of the ancient evil one (Nixon) will be complete.
edit on 20-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Take my . out of the sand about what? Read my post stop creating a strawman.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Take my . out of the sand about what? Read my post stop creating a strawman.

Step 1 Secure the borders
Step 2 Secure the illegals in the country right now.
Step 3 Create a work visa program and apply heavy fines for any company that is not in compliance with that program.

I think we all can agree you can not just stop it cold without something to allow workers to come here legally. Once you have a system in place to provide legal migrant workers you can then slam any company not using it.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: TacSite18

I was citing how getting all of one's information from one side of an argument--which is obviously what theworldisnotenough does consistently, judging by other comments and threads--is a poor way to approach a topic.

It was that simple, and it's good advice. Stop reading into my comment something that is not there...and sadly, you're not the only one who does that.

Sorry if I over-read. Some folks can't seem to see the difference between reporting facts, that are easily verifiable no matter what the source, and the opinion that many media outlets attach to those facts. CNN and FOX can report the same facts, they just put different meaning to them.

When the facts are that "don Jr. received and participated i the following email chain" and Don Jr.releases the chain, some folks flat out call it "fake news." Yesterday Trump gave a taped interview, which was released on all the major media outlets, and folks don't believe it was real.

It was that aspect of frustration I have with both sides i these arguments. I regret misconstruing your words. Have a beer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join